Tue, Oct 22, 5:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

Diogenes ( ) posted Mon, 23 March 2009 at 4:48 PM

I like the asymetry, like real people it's not the same on both sides.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

Faery_Light ( ) posted Mon, 23 March 2009 at 5:29 PM

Joel. I got a lot of work to do on this texture yet so it will be awhile.

The first texture gets released when odf is ready since it goes with the full package. :)

If anyone wants this face morph, they will need to wait until I figure out how to save it out.

Can't do a body morph but maybe when she is releaded someone will do an older woman morph for the body.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Mon, 23 March 2009 at 5:40 PM

Sounds like a Zbrush project for someone.  I can do morphs for body parts, but not the whole body. Thank god! LOLOLOLOL :laugh:  Sorry, but that would turn me off of hetro-sexuality. for good. :lol:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

odf ( ) posted Mon, 23 March 2009 at 5:45 PM

Wow, that looks amazing. Excellent job! Is it possible to see just the deformed mesh? I'm curious as how much the texture contributes to the look.

I think this would go great with a displacement map, so that the finer wrinkles get some real depth.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Mon, 23 March 2009 at 6:03 PM

Sure, I can do a render of just the mesh tonight.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Mon, 23 March 2009 at 11:41 PM

file_426993.png

Okay, here's the first image of the face morph with just a regular texture...

Faery_Light ( ) posted Mon, 23 March 2009 at 11:43 PM

file_426994.jpg

Here's a front view with just the mesh...

Faery_Light ( ) posted Mon, 23 March 2009 at 11:44 PM

file_426995.jpg

And a side view with just the mesh...

odf ( ) posted Tue, 24 March 2009 at 12:04 AM · edited Tue, 24 March 2009 at 12:09 AM

Wow! I love that morph. Great work! So that means the deep creases are in the texture? Or is there a displacement map?

odf ( ) posted Tue, 24 March 2009 at 12:08 AM

Regarding releases: I think I might set up a Google site as bagginsbill suggested and put up the next alpha version there, but this time with the texture and JOELGLAINE's morphs included. Here's a possible list of things to do before Antonia's ready for beta:

• complete/partial face rig
  • refine geometry on knuckles
  • repair broken toe morphs and add toe spread morph
  • possibly rethink the foot rig

Please let me know if I'm missing something.

I think it's not a good idea to aim for completeness for the beta or even the first official release. The mesh and cr2 need to be pretty much rock solid, so that anything missing can be added through pose files and such. But I think we'll probably have to make do with a "developers edition" for some time to come. If we wait with the release until she has a complete set of morphs, shaders, clothes, hair styles and props, that will only mean more work for us and less people experimenting with her and developing add-ons.

Any thoughts?

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 24 March 2009 at 12:23 AM

No displacement, the creases are in the texture.
But I think i will work a bit and see if I can get the deep creases in the morh too.

I think a developer's edition is a great idea.
Then we can work on more stuff for her.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 24 March 2009 at 1:59 AM

file_427008.jpg

I worked a bit with the putty tool and here is how it came out. The creases are in the mesh now.

I'm finished for tonight and going to get some sleep. :)

Dale B ( ) posted Tue, 24 March 2009 at 6:13 AM

I'd second the developers track-release track idea. That way you have a version that functions for general use, and the experiments would be done by people -looking- for bugs and whatnot. For that matter, if there is some new twist on old methods, it would give someone a chance to write up a little tutorial on how to use the new tool....

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 3:46 AM

file_427079.jpg

For those keeping up with what's going on with content support for Antonia, I've pretty much completed the character (head morph and texture set) called Zuloni. I'll try to get it packaged up in the next couple of days.

There is one set of textures, but two MATS, one with basic shader and one with more elaborate. The basic shader is more neutral for the user to build on. The advanced shader, seen in this render, is a bit more involved. I created it via a quite a few tweaks of Bagginsbill's VSS skin shader. I like the tone, but no doubt some people will find it too dark for a given render.

I'll try to post the same pose with the basic MAT before going to bed.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

odf ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 4:00 AM

Very pretty!

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 4:22 AM

file_427081.jpg

Here's the basic shader; same pose, but I had to turn light intensity down quite a bit. You can actually see more texture details here (which can be a double-edged sword, but it's something that can be built on).

I did use photos to develop this texture, but only in key areas, such as face, palms and back of hands etc. Just blended in to the main texture as well as I could.

In both of these posts, the image is much larger, be sure to click for a better view.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 4:43 AM · edited Wed, 25 March 2009 at 4:44 AM

file_427087.jpg

Ah, what the heck. A couple of closeups of the face for good measure. This is the basic MAT. Looks like I need to tone down the brightness of the tongue, and tweak the upper lip before packaging. :biggrin:

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 4:49 AM

I discovered I've got slightly too much bump/turbulence on the advanced shader for the sake of extreme closeups, so I'll fix that and post tomorrow or so.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 7:55 AM

I never noticed how messed up looking the ankles are! at that angle.  I think the fall-off zones might be messed up.

I like the variety of tones in your Mats! Black folks come a wide variety of skin tones.  That makes them more of a challenge to represent correctly.  I am SO glad to see a character like that for Antonia.  Variety is the spice of life, and allieviates the boredom at looking at Anglos all day long! LOLOLOLOL:LAUGH:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 11:51 AM

It's hard to get any 3D model's ankles to look perfect with that extreme ankle bend, from what I've seen so far... I don't think Antonia's are any worse than V4's, and probably better.

Yeah, I think the cool thing about this is you can use both sets of MATs in the same scene and nobody would likely know it's the same texture.

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 12:03 PM

file_427105.jpg

FWIW, here's a closeup portrait of the darker, advanced shader.

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 12:15 PM · edited Wed, 25 March 2009 at 12:16 PM

Quote - > Quote -

Re the matter of obj files. It's not simply a problem of vertex order; I can't get anything remotely the same file size. Your Antonia .obj file is 6,823 kb with UVs; 2465 without (from my UVMapper save). I just haven't been able to get a match no matter how I export. I've had problems like this occasionally with V4, but not repeatedly. I just don't really see the point of sending you an obj file that is obviously messed up somewhere.

Well, if you sent me the .obj file, I could have a look at it and try to figure out what's wrong. I'm pretty good with .obj files. :biggrin:

If I were you I would have just one person - odf - be the source of any OBJ, period.  Having multiple people write and share "the same" OBJ file is just asking for technical problems.  Too many things can go wrong with that.

edit: err, except for morph targets obviously.

My Freebies

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 12:18 PM

That's all we're talking about, is a head morph. :)

I think we've got it sorted. For whatever reason, with Antonia (but not for V4 et al) Poser doesn't like the code most of my injection apps produce, but Poser's Little Helper works.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 12:19 PM

Quote - FWIW, here's a closeup portrait of the darker, advanced shader.

It'd look clearer on a white background.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 12:22 PM

Lovely work on the morph and texture.

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 12:28 PM

file_427106.jpg

Here's a very quick render of the new Dora head (setting: 0.9), which odf converted to INJ pose for me. This uses Zuloni's basic MAT, and the Default setting for Antonia's light sets.

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 12:31 PM

file_427107.jpg

From the front.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 4:45 PM

Quote - That's all we're talking about, is a head morph. :)

I think we've got it sorted. For whatever reason, with Antonia (but not for V4 et al) Poser doesn't like the code most of my injection apps produce, but Poser's Little Helper works.

Actually, I don't think PLH will work with the current .cr2 either. Can I have a look at the files your other app produced? Maybe it's the same problem, mainly missing blank channels that can be used for injection.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 4:49 PM

Regarding the ankle problem: we have two bends there that can be used, the foot and the instep. It may not be anatomically accurate, but it gives a much smoother and plausible pose when you split the angle to both those bends.

Lovely morphs, by the way.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 5:39 PM

Does anyone know the file format for .pmd files?

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 5:43 PM

odf, I injected that head with the morph set you supplied, so it's working for me. IIRC, you have to select the head, and set the dial.

I think I deleted the injection poses I had created with SyrINJ and whatever else I used. Didn't want to get confused and keep a non-working version.

Should I do one more African head morph that makes her a little less thin?

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 5:52 PM

From all I've read,  the .pmd files are all binary.  They have to be generated by having Poser's "Use Binary Morphs" check box in the General Prefernces window in the Edit list.

@ Believable--more head morphs is a good thing! Keep 'em coming! :laugh:

odf ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 5:58 PM

Quote - odf, I injected that head with the morph set you supplied, so it's working for me.

Yes, but that wasn't made with PLH. I extracted the head group from your .obj and loaded it as a morph into Poser, then saved the figure with binary morphs enabled. I just looked at that .pmd, and it seems to include all the JCMs of the figure as well, which probably doesn't break anything, but makes the file much larger than it needs to be.
It would be nice to have a way of creating .pmd files that avoids Poser. There's a PMD editor by Dimension3D that seems promising, but I haven't had time to look at it yet. Any other suggestions?

Yeah, and if anyone knows where the format is documented... I can split meshes into groups, and I can fix vertex orders, but I can't produce .pmd files because I don't know what they're supposed to look like. If I could, I'd just build my own tool for creating morph injection files.

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 6:19 PM

Hm, I've got so many apps... I'm pretty sure that I probably have one for .pmd files, but I'd have to sort thru everything, and I've got a pretty busy evening. Will try to get back to you.

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 6:21 PM

Oh, wait, I've got an idea. I could save the morphed figure to the library as a cr2, then use Injection Magic to get rid of everything except morphs. Or do you have Injection Magic, too?

odf ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 6:39 PM

I think if we have to go through Poser to get a pmd, it's probably best to load the morphs into a stripped version of the figure with just the geometry and basic rig, but no JCMs.

In fact, we could easily make a 'developers' version of the cr2 with the JCMs removed and some blank channels added, so that people could use the available  tools to inject their custom morphs and save them out into clean pmd files.

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 6:41 PM

That sounds great. With Injection Magic, you can choose what you want to include, but a stripped cr2 would save some work down the road.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 25 March 2009 at 11:54 PM

Believable3D just turned me on to Antonia. She looks nice. Is there a morph to give her calves and biceps more definition?

odf ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 12:00 AM

Not yet! Any takers? 😄

Diogenes ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 1:42 AM · edited Thu, 26 March 2009 at 1:51 AM

Dimension3D also makes an app called Binary Morph converter Which will do all you need to convert your morphs to binary morphs.  You can pick and choose which morphs to convert. It has a good pdf user manual with it. $22.00

Also by Dimension3D is binary morph editor which creates binary and standard inj/rem morph files. $16.00 I dont have this one, but as with all of Dimension3D's stuff I'm sure it's excellent.

Believable3D ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 1:58 AM

file_427143.jpg

Well, I just can't stop playing in the material room. Other than the lips, which are a bit overly bright, so far I'm happiest with this rather medium-toned shader setting. This is shown with the Zuloni head morph set at .560.

odf ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 2:09 AM

I think the skin is a bit too orange overall. But this render shows the morphs off nicely. She has some great cheek bones.

Diogenes ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 2:14 AM

Believable3D looks great to me.  The bright lipstick could be for a peurtorican (sp) Or jamaican style figure.

odf:  If you get the poser power tools by Dimension3D you save a little money and it includes a large assortment of tools.  Poser file editor (included) from what I have heard is excellent too I have it, but I don't understand CR2, but for someone like you who has the knowledge it's probably the cats meow.

Believable3D ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 2:16 AM

Thanks, odf. My plan is to include at least three tonal variations, so if the user thinks this is too orange, there are other options. I've definitely seen skin this colour, though it's probably not the most common.

I kinda went back to the drawing board with the dark shader, as I felt it probably would not render well alongside of other figures, requiring too much light. Plus, it completely buried the texture. So basically, it will be something of a darker version based on the one above.

Believable3D ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 2:17 AM

BTW, odf, did you see my full-figured full-body morph attempt at the developer site?

Diogenes ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 2:27 AM

odf:  Dont buy anything yet, I have a wedding gift for you.  :)

odf ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 3:19 AM

Quote - odf:  Dont buy anything yet, I have a wedding gift for you.  :)

Weeee!! Awesome! Thank you so much.

(Can I kiss you or is that unmanly? 😄)

odf ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 3:21 AM · edited Thu, 26 March 2009 at 3:24 AM

Quote - BTW, odf, did you see my full-figured full-body morph attempt at the developer site?

Yep! I'll try my new toys on them once I've watched enough West Wings.

And I agree. Sometimes one sees warm chocolaty skin tones that might appear somewhat orange in bright light. I guess it's just the blue Renderosity theme that made it look a bit intense. :biggrin:

Diogenes ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 3:25 AM

😄   You're welcome. No kisses. I'm happy to help with Antonia that's good for me.

Believable3D ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 3:39 AM

Thanks, Phantom... your generosity is much appreciated!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.