Tue, Sep 24, 6:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 1:55 pm)

Subject: Backdrops

l8sho ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 8:48 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 6:14 AM

Is there anyway to control the size and distortion of a backdrop in D/S? Also is there a way to turn it into a simple wall? 

mishamcm ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 8:57 AM

You can use a plane primitive, set it to the size you need, and apply the image as a texture -- then you can move it around where you like and maintain the dimensions.

l8sho ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 9:02 AM

Thanks. Does that mean it will reflect shadows and the like?

mishamcm ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 9:05 AM

Yes, it will receive shadows.

l8sho ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 9:07 AM

Great. Thanks.

l8sho ( ) posted Sat, 28 March 2009 at 7:44 AM

Ugh. I've been doing this, but it just occurred to me that when I apply a photo as the surface of the plane primitive, the photo stretches to the size of the plane. I need to maintain the dimensions of the photograph. Is there a way to do that?

mishamcm ( ) posted Sat, 28 March 2009 at 8:27 AM

Set the dimensions of the plane to the aspect ratio of the photo.

l8sho ( ) posted Sat, 28 March 2009 at 8:54 AM

Create new primitive doesn't have dimensions, only size. Do you just do it through the scaling options in the surface menu?

mishamcm ( ) posted Sat, 28 March 2009 at 9:12 AM

Create the plane, then go to the Parameters tab and use the Scaling dials to set it to the size you need.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.