Mon, Sep 9, 3:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: OT: Please say a little prayer for my kitty

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 3:34 PM

Aww..... so precious!

Glad that all is doing well and she is happy!

Hugs

Ariana and the "Boys"

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 3:49 PM · edited Thu, 26 March 2009 at 3:50 PM

here's a classic pic of the two of them in a nappy snuggle!  This was taken when she was about 4 years old.

She still gets all excited when he comes to visit her, and sits and snuggles with her for a while.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

catsy_lu ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 5:32 PM

I read the whole thread and, inbetween tears, smiles, tears again, smiles and more tears I surely hope Tigger is going well! My baby Diana (white huge-fur-ball persian 5 years lady) sends her some of her purrs and good vibes. I'm pretty sure everything is going to be allright... You see, that's my main theme 'if something ends wrong that's because it isn't the end yet'... so hold your toughs up to the skies and prayers loud... Tigger already amazed the doctors, she can do it again! What us, humble hedonistic humans, would understand of Tigger superior power of battle for life and recovery!

All my toughs are with you and her (altough I assume I found the topic a little late)

"wondering how a search for light presets brough me to a beautifull topic like this"

ps: sorry bad english

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings from Brazil! Looking for compatriots who also love creating in Poser!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 6:14 PM

Quote - I read the whole thread and, inbetween tears, smiles, tears again, smiles and more tears I surely hope Tigger is going well! My baby Diana (white huge-fur-ball persian 5 years lady) sends her some of her purrs and good vibes. I'm pretty sure everything is going to be allright... You see, that's my main theme 'if something ends wrong that's because it isn't the end yet'... so hold your toughs up to the skies and prayers loud... Tigger already amazed the doctors, she can do it again! What us, humble hedonistic humans, would understand of Tigger superior power of battle for life and recovery!

All my toughs are with you and her (altough I assume I found the topic a little late)

"wondering how a search for light presets brough me to a beautifull topic like this"

ps: sorry bad english

Awwww, Thank You so much Catsy Lu!  Love your nickname.

This thread... I dunno, even though it's focused around Tiggers, I think sort of transcends just her. Could be any beloved darling pet. I think when we conceited 'hoomans' get over our self-importance and actually bother to look, they all have their 'Inner Tigger'...  Something like that....

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 27 March 2009 at 7:18 PM

Tigger watch!

She's doing extraordinarily well today. All spunky and perky, even if a bit wobbly. When I got up this morning, she was sitting in the middle of the living room, and when she saw me walk up, she started walking towards the door to be let out. In recent years, she would seldom do this even before she got sick !!!!

I let her out, and she sprawled herself on the doormat in the sun.  I had to feed her out there. She's been hanging out outside (under mommy's watchful eye) all day. Looks like she's enjoying her self basking in the sun and watching the bugs zoom around.

Yesterday was only a second day since she got sick that she didn't puke. Had one today. By the way, the sores I found a week or so ago have scabbed over and look like they're healing.

What an amazing little girl!

arbee999 ( ) posted Fri, 27 March 2009 at 8:24 PM

Hooray for Tigger!!

Glad you two are having better days.
Cheers

catsy_lu ( ) posted Fri, 27 March 2009 at 8:47 PM

Thank God she's feeling okay and the sores are healing... You did a great job by the way, CSI lady, finding out that the tube was the cause of the sores! You are the perfec mom-cat!

Diana is also sending you and Tigger kisses!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings from Brazil! Looking for compatriots who also love creating in Poser!

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 27 March 2009 at 9:47 PM

Good news she is doing better

scanmead ( ) posted Fri, 27 March 2009 at 11:19 PM

Great picture with one of Tigger's daddies! Cats are good little judges of character, aren't they? They seem to see the good (and bad) that we can miss in people and places. 

Good news about Tigger feeling up to a little sunbathing again!

magicmoondesigns ( ) posted Sat, 28 March 2009 at 1:48 AM

I'm glad that Tigger is doing better and enjoying the sunshine.

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Sat, 28 March 2009 at 5:51 AM · edited Sat, 28 March 2009 at 5:52 AM

Well done Tigger!  And well done Connie for looking after her so well!  Glad to hear Tigger's enjoying the sunshine.  Our cats wonder if she could send some sun their way, it's been raining here off and on for several days now :( xjyyp . . . that was Griselda walking on the keyboard again coming to complain that the roof is leaking outside and as we're not doing anything about it she will send a message to Tigger and then go and eat paper.

Any stray piece of paper lying around gets this lacy edge where Griselda has chewed it lol.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 28 March 2009 at 1:50 PM

Quote - Well done Tigger!  And well done Connie for looking after her so well!  Glad to hear Tigger's enjoying the sunshine.  Our cats wonder if she could send some sun their way, it's been raining here off and on for several days now :( xjyyp . . . that was Griselda walking on the keyboard again coming to complain that the roof is leaking outside and as we're not doing anything about it she will send a message to Tigger and then go and eat paper.

Any stray piece of paper lying around gets this lacy edge where Griselda has chewed it lol.

OMG, Tigger does the same thing. She would make a perfect 'old time' conductor that punches your train tickets, or a punch card maker.  Her favorites are clothing tags, which are little thicker then regular paper (cardstock). She'll sit on her hind legs like a little squirrel chewing nuts, hold it in her front paws, and go at it till it's shredded.   They must be long lost sisters.

Tiggers is out in the sun again today... she'll angle just right to reflect some sun rays off her shiny silky back fur to Griselda.

fivecat ( ) posted Sat, 28 March 2009 at 4:18 PM

Checking in on the Tigger Poop Watch.   :laugh:  I'm glad that Tigger is enjoying the sun.  It's a beautiful, warm day today in SoCal -- my crew are happily stretched in the sun and taking a long catnap.  Hugs for Tigger and you too for being the best cat mom and taking great care of your sweetie.

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Sun, 29 March 2009 at 6:02 AM

Tigger's reflection must have worked, it's nice and sunny today, thank you Tigger.  Griselda is lying in the sun, legs spread, heating her tummy!  She sends, rather languid, purrs to Tigger lol.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 29 March 2009 at 2:47 PM

Aww, that's gotta be why Tiggers was all purrs and snuggles today. I haven't heard her purr in about a week, and today, she's all little miss Outgoing McPurry. Also, her appetite is back with a vengeance today! 

She was feeling good enough to boot Bubba off his bed in a window and usurp it. There are five other kitty beds just in this room, so, no worries, he's not left out cold. I think she got in his food last night too... just like the good old days, when I had to hide his food from her....

emay68 ( ) posted Mon, 30 March 2009 at 12:04 AM

I'm so happy to read these positive updates!  I'm a bit ill right now, but Tigger is giving me lessons in strength of Spirit.  Thank you, Tigger!  😄  Connie, your devotion and dedication to this beautiful creature warms my heart.

Go Tigger!  😄

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 30 March 2009 at 12:19 AM

Quote - I'm so happy to read these positive updates!  I'm a bit ill right now, but Tigger is giving me lessons in strength of Spirit.  Thank you, Tigger!  😄  Connie, your devotion and dedication to this beautiful creature warms my heart.

Go Tigger!  😄

I'm so sorry you're not feeling good!  Sending you some warm fuzzy purrs and chicken soup!

emay68 ( ) posted Mon, 30 March 2009 at 12:51 AM

Quote - > Quote - I'm so happy to read these positive updates!  I'm a bit ill right now, but Tigger is giving me lessons in strength of Spirit.  Thank you, Tigger!  😄  Connie, your devotion and dedication to this beautiful creature warms my heart.

Go Tigger!  😄

I'm so sorry you're not feeling good!  Sending you some warm fuzzy purrs and chicken soup!

lol Thank you, Connie and Tigger!  I can feel both helping already, especially the "warm fuzzy purrs".  😉

CreekyPointStudios ( ) posted Mon, 30 March 2009 at 3:16 AM

Just de-lurking again to say:
Way to go Tigger :) what a trooper she is, so glad she is still doing well & still with you Connie :)
Hugs & purrs from all of us here :) (the dogs sent their woofs too, but they might scare Tigger cause they are loud :)  )

Back to lurking :)

Bella x

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Mon, 30 March 2009 at 5:01 AM

Still sunny today!  Tigger's reflections must be really strong lol.  We're really glad to hear that Tigger's appetite is improving; way to go Tigger YAY!

SeanMartin ( ) posted Mon, 30 March 2009 at 4:33 PM · edited Mon, 30 March 2009 at 4:35 PM

file_427503.JPG

Remember the photo I posted of Diesel and Grey? Their sister Tux was unceremoniously dumped off (Divorce is never a pleasant thing), and it took a little while, but she seems to now remember who they are: all three are pretty well bonded. I'd told her about Tigger just before taking this, so dont mind the disapproving look. She's come from a place where they dont take very good care of kitties (Like I said, divorce is never a pleasant thing), but I'm sure she understands everything that can be done for Tigger is being done.

(Click for a larger view)

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 30 March 2009 at 6:34 PM

Quote - Remember the photo I posted of Diesel and Grey? Their sister Tux was unceremoniously dumped off (Divorce is never a pleasant thing), and it took a little while, but she seems to now remember who they are: all three are pretty well bonded. I'd told her about Tigger just before taking this, so dont mind the disapproving look. She's come from a place where they dont take very good care of kitties (Like I said, divorce is never a pleasant thing), but I'm sure she understands everything that can be done for Tigger is being done.

She looks adorable!!!  Looks like her fur texture is very Tigger-like... um, especially the black parts. ;)  Yea, Divorces are a major PITA. I'm glad Tux is in very good hands now!

Tiggers is under the weather today. I think probably too much food yesterday (I gave her an extra feeding, since she wanted to eat, eat, eat). It was probably a bit much on her liver, so she's pukey and low key today. 
She was looking and feeling better before I fed her this morning. Hopefully after she digests it, she'll feel better.  I made sure to give her plenty poo medicine...

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 30 March 2009 at 10:40 PM

Yikes, she's having a really bad one today. Puking a lot and VERY lethargic. I think her 'down' days may be a lot like gall bladder attacks. Poor little thing... I don't know what to do to make her more comfortable :(    :crying:

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2009 at 4:42 AM

All our good thoughts are concentrated on Tigger's tummy :)  Hope she gets better soon.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2009 at 4:46 AM

Probably just her system not used to handling so much food at one time. Do you have a heating pad you can put under her bedding?

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2009 at 3:52 PM · edited Tue, 31 March 2009 at 3:52 PM

My poor little baby is doing horrible.
She's beed puking or dry heaving every few hours, and she is exhausted, completely exhausted. I'm pretty sure she's hurting too :(  Drooling quite a bit.  I can't tell if she needs to pee or poo, but I have a diaper ready.

She had one of those before... did I mention, I think they are gall bladder attacks. I don't know if she'll make it through this one or not. She was doing soooo well last few days. :crying:

Yes, yes, I do have a heating pad :)  I found a pet-safe heating pad at petco few months ago, she loves it.  Right now she's in a different bed, under a 100w lamp on a pillow wrapped in a polar fleece blanket. She loves thick supple fleece.... that's her little 'tanning bed' LOL.

I hope she pulls through, but whatever happens, what I hope most of all is that she doesn't suffer. She's resting and looking comfortable right now, but when she's dry heaving and having the pukey attack, OMG, it just tears me up. If I could, I'd do it for her.  I wish the vet is more helpful with this. He's sort of thrown his hands up in the air for the most part. I'll read up a bit on people's gall bladder atacks, see what is done to help them out, maybe something can be adapted for her. I dunno...

shadownet ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2009 at 4:35 PM

Oh Connie!  I am so sad to hear this!!! Poor poor Tigger!  And she had been doing so well too!  What a heartbreaking set back!  Well, she has been here before and bounced back I sure hope she can do it again.  Probably the gall bladder like you think, and that is enough to make her soooo warrry warrry sic!   :O(

P.S. My hi speed is down again so back on slooooow dial up till that gets fixed.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2009 at 5:11 PM

Well, my vet is closed for the day... urgent care places open in 3 hours, there's one close by, I'm going to take her in, and ask to give her an enema... and maybe a shot of pain killers.

She is bloated, may need to poop, which would make gall bladder attack worse. I just read gall bladder attack for people, and it is very much like what she's going through, and it does follow a big meal, when someone has a compromised gall bladder.
reading this: http://www.gallbladderattack.com/gallbladdersymptoms.shtml

Poor little thing :crying: :crying: :crying:
Looks like I could have avoided it watching her diet... she was so happy the other day, eating a few good chunks of salomon... and licking juice from kitty food. I bet that caused it - too much fat in there, probably.   Gawd, I feel so useless, I should have thought of watching her diet more colsely. Someone shoot me.

arbee999 ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2009 at 5:34 PM

Don't beat yourself up Connie.
We all would have likely done the same - it was so nice to hear that she was having a hungry day.
You have nursed Tigger above and beyond the call of duty, and your the best Mom a furry could have.
Hugs and prayers.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2009 at 6:17 PM

Connie,
Don't beat yourself up. Just take her to the urgent care center and then afterwards just be extra careful with her eating habit... You are doing a terrific job as a furry Mom, so cut yourself some slack. After all, if Tigger was a furry human, it would have turned out the same way...  (Please don't ask. I do know of a few cases of this happening to a human being.) Tigger will be alright. Ok?

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

emay68 ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2009 at 7:31 PM

Please go easy on yourself, Connie.  You just wanted her to feel better.  Sending more prayers out to you and Tigger.  😄 

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2009 at 9:46 PM

Hugs

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2009 at 10:34 PM

:crying: :crying: Came back from urgent care... they wanted to put her to sleep... for the most part.  Or run a a ton of diagnostics.. so they know they should put her to sleep.

I told them to give her an enema, some pain killers and fluids... and we'll watch what happens. If she doesn't improve any, it may be the end of it.  She has a new sore too :crying:

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 1:44 AM

She's gone.

My beautiful wonderful spunky miss personality Tiggers is gone.

After bringing her home, she was deteriorating, and in a daze for couple of hours. After her last puke, her breathing got very shallow, and slower and slower, and more labored.

We rushed to the animal urgent care....
She took her last breath as we were driving over there, snuggled up in mommy's arms.
It all happened so quickly.

Goodbye little sweetheart. Mommy loves you so very much. You'll make the most beautiful little angel.

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 2:27 AM

Oh Connie i'm all with you! I'm really really sorry and i know how shocking this can be :(
Stay strong Connie. I know it's really overworded, but try to think it was her time and that's she's better now.

You're both in my thoughts. BIG BIG BIG HUGS

My Store

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 3:45 AM

Dear, dear Connie we are so sorry.  All our love to you and your family.  Do NOT beat yourself up, you looked after Tigger like she was your child, no-one could have done more.  You gave her happy times and she knew she was loved.  It'll be hard, but try to think of the times when Tigger was relaxing in the sun, the happy times.  Think of her often even if it makes you cry, she will never leave you.  We firmly believe that cats have souls too and sometimes we feel so very close to those we have lost.

All our prayers.

arbee999 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 3:52 AM

Deepest condolences Connie.
I know it's hard, but think of the good times as best you can.

Hugs and prayers for you all.

LadyElf ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 4:23 AM

Oh Connie, my sweet little angel.....you gave so much to your Tigger, she had the absolute best care ever.  You did nothing to cause this, it was just the progression of the disease and you both fought it the best you could .....with great courage and heart.

My prayers are with you for comfort and peace. Tigger is with you always.

HUGS

Deb

shadownet ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 5:06 AM

Connie, words fail.  I am so very saddened at your lost.  :O(

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 5:25 AM

Oh, Connie...this has me crying...I'm so sorry to hear that Tigger is gone....I don't know what to say....  hug

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 5:33 AM

Two things you MUST remember, okay?

(1) You did a near-Herculean job of keeping her healthy and happy. You did everything possible and then some.

(2) She died in your arms, not alone in some alley. She knew she was loved and cared for and fussed over.

I dont know what else to say that hasnt already been said. I'm sure everyone reading this thread wishes we -- all of us -- could have done more for Tigger, but what you did was truly magnificent enough for all of us combined. And Tigger's in a great place, where there's no feeding tube in her neck and she can run around chasing birds in the sunshine and she can eat all the tuna she wants. And she'll be there for you, waiting to get her snuggles. I suggest you have plenty ready, because she sounds pretty demanding in the snuggle department.

AprilYSH ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 8:53 AM

Oh Connie... I'm so sorry to hear this... :(
I'd been following your thread hoping for the best.
You are such a great cat person.

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

bethc1952 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 9:13 AM

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Tiggers.  You were a wonderful cat mother/nurse/friend and made the end of her life a wonderful experience.  She enjoyed you as much as you enjoyed her or she wouldn't have hung on so long.

As others have said, think of her often, remember the good times, and know that she's purrfectly happy where she is now.

Beth

One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation.  Right at the start of everything that's new, one little spark lights up for you!

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 9:57 AM

Sorry to hear it Connie, you did everything you could and gave Tigger much longer than was hoped for. I know it is hard though to have lost a friend and companion. You have my best. hug

jefsview ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 11:10 AM

All of my sympathies, Connie. I know what you're going through, since it's only been a little over a year since I lost my precious Patches.

Take care, and know that the suffering with disease is over with and your Tigger is at peace.

Sincerely,

Jeff

magicmoondesigns ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 11:47 AM

Connie, I am so sorry but please take comfort in knowing that she spent her last moments in her momma's loving arms.  She passed knowing that she was loved so very much, and that she had the best kitty momma in the whole world.  Treasure the memory of those good days and believe that she is at peace and watching over her family.

Sending you lots of big {{{HUGS}}}

Vickie

HAWK999 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 12:33 PM

Sorry about your loss. She'll watch over you as you watched over her with your love and care.
She is missed.

Big hugs

Jean-Luc

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 12:45 PM

Oh, Connie, I'm so sorry for your loss. :-(  You were a hell of a great cat-mom to her.  she's lucky to have had you.

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 1:34 PM

Thank You so much everyone... I son't know what to say, I should thank each and every one of you for being such wonderful friends and support...
...right now, I feel beat up, and the wind taken out of me.

All your words are very comforting, and I'm carefully reading and re reading each and every post. Tigger is too... she's always going to be my little angel, sitting on my shoulder watching what I'm doing, just like when she was a kitten.

Please give your little furpersons extra love and hugs in rememberance oif Tiggers.

I hope she lets me, and helps me make other homeless kitties happy too.

emay68 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 1:47 PM

{{{HUGS}}}  Oh Connie, I'm so sorry.  I'm heartbroken.  I can only echo what everyone hear has already said, that you were an incredible mom to Tigger.  You did everything you could have done for her.  I'm glad she was being held by you when she went.  She will always be with you.  Please take care of yourself and know that we'll still be here for you. 

Molly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.