Sun, Sep 22, 2:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: object locked from export

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2009 at 2:29 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:18 PM

a figure that i imported into vue from poser pro to vue7 xstream and then rendered ok with a new back ground will not let me export it iget the errror messsage "sory the selected objects have been locked from export.They cannot be exported. Any one able to tell me whats going on here and can i unlock them . It appears only the poser object is locked the background i can export any help much appreciated

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2009 at 3:05 PM

You want to export a Poser figure? I don't see why you want to do this, since you can export a Poser figure from inside Poser in 3ds, obj, etc.
Inside Vue, you can only export Vue objects, items that are in a Vue format, terrains, objects in the vob formats, plants in the veg format, etc...
Now some vob objects cannot be exported, because the maker of the object locked it from export. So it can only be used inside Vue. This is applied to some of the stock objects, and objects you buy at Cornucopia. At Corn, it is clearly stated in the object description if locked or not.

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2009 at 3:25 PM

The reason i wanted to do this was i wanted to try to render this figure in 3dmax just to see the differences between pose,vue and 3dmax render , but any file format ive tried to export from poser dosnt seem to want to open in 3dmax so thats when i thought may be i could export from vue instead and the found i couldnt hope that explains what seems like an odd thing to do

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2009 at 3:43 PM

Save it as a .vob in Vue and try to export that that.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2009 at 3:55 PM

3DS MAX should import .obj files exported from Poser without too many problems.  You'd have to do some work on the textures though

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2009 at 5:23 PM

Oh, Ok, I see, but exporting from Poser as a 3ds file should work, you may get into problems with finding the textures, due to some limitations in the 3ds format, but Poser's obj export should work, and maybe collada, if Max can import this format.

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2009 at 6:50 PM

Quote - ... but exporting from Poser as a 3ds file should work, you may get into problems with finding the textures, due to some limitations in the 3ds format ...

The biggest drawback to exporting to 3DS format from Poser is that there is a polygon limit (64K polys) that all but the really old figures exceed (and that's just one figure let alone a whole scene).

bruno021 ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 3:06 AM

Isn't it 64k polys per sub-object?

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 5:42 PM

Quote - Isn't it 64k polys per sub-object?

While the format allows for 64K polys per mesh, but Poser seems to only attempt to export one mesh.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.