Tue, Oct 22, 2:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: What's happening with my poser props?

nemesis10 ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 12:15 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:35 AM

file_428651.jpg

My runtime is misbehaving... Various items in the props fonder are greying out when I examine the list of items.  An installation utility says my "folder is damaged"... and some python scripts are stating to fail...  This is all happening  in Poser 7 on my Mac...

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 12:23 AM

Have you tried just reinstalling Poser right over your existing installation?

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

nemesis10 ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 12:48 AM

I haven't yet, partly because it is all happening in the runtime from my old Poser 4 days.... all of the problems seem to linked just to that runtime... all of the props appear in the Poser  7 runtime and the application I have has no problem installing things into the Poser 7 runtime...  I'm not sure what is a damaged runtime...

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 12:51 AM

There's a program here in the MP called Runtime Repair.  I don't have it but the people I know who do love it.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 12:51 AM

Have you tried checking permissions on those folder in your Poser 4 Runtime?  CMD-I the folders in question.

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 2:26 AM

Installing on top of an existing installation won't harm already installed content. Not on Windows at least. So that ought to be safe.

Runtime Repair sounds like a good solution though - if it works on a Mac...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.