Sun, Sep 22, 5:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Quick Question

darman42 ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 9:35 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 5:24 AM

I am not but a DAZ user, and i was looking through a forum one day when i saw this:

"I ran the Zero Suit through Poser's cloth simulator. I also used a shrink-wrap technique to ensure a skin-tight fit on Krystal."

the Zero Suit is an obj file, i think, but i dont know what the rest of it is, as i dont use poser.

can anyone clarify?

nickedshield ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 10:18 PM

From your info I'd say it has to do with P7's cloth room simulations.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

darman42 ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 10:26 PM

oh....

if i provided the .obj file, could you or anyone form-fit it to V4?

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 11:16 PM

Cloth room shrink wrap is to take an obj and set up a cloth simulation so the cloth shrink fits to the figure by having it scale smaller as the similation progresses. Great for extremely tight form fitting stuff .

darman42 ( ) posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 10:19 AM

ah, thank you for clarifying.

but once again, could either you or someone else shrink wrap a obj i have if i provide the file?

paulinn003 ( ) posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 10:29 AM

exist a method to make cloth with poser?
like cloth of heroes

YB

nickedshield ( ) posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 11:08 AM

@darman42**
**Doing what you ask is a bit more complicated for someone else to do for you.
First, the person would have to have the same figure, base or character to shrink to .
Then, you wind up with dynamic clothing, which I don't know if DS supports or not.
If the person doing this was real nice they might rig it as conforming. That can be a PITA.
What i suggest is going to content paradise and see if P6 is still on sale. It was pretty cheap awhile back.

@paulinn003
Sorry, no.
Poser is not set up to make clothing. You need a 3d modeler.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

darman42 ( ) posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 11:22 AM

@darman42*
*Doing what you ask is a bit more complicated for someone else to do for you.
First, the person would have to have the same figure, base or character to shrink to .
Then, you wind up with dynamic clothing, which I don't know if DS supports or not.
If the person doing this was real nice they might rig it as conforming.

yeah, but the character i want the suit shrink wrapped to is Victoria 4. that model is pretty much everywhere by now.

What i suggest is going to content paradise and see if P6 is still on sale. It was pretty cheap awhile back.

umm....that's why im asking HERE. im poor and pretty much have no way to get something like that., so i figured its worth a shot to ask.

thank you for the information, though

paulinn003 ( ) posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 1:16 PM

I think that, may be, utilising the morphing tool and an other software (like Blender), I could take the object produce in Poser and modeling that in Blender (for adjust) and export in Bryce for finalizing the picture.

YB

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.