Thu, Sep 19, 3:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Importing .max files into Poser

galactron22 ( ) posted Fri, 15 May 2009 at 10:03 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:07 PM

I found a file that I want to use in a Poser render but it's a 3ds .max file, is therea way to import this into Poser 7?

Any help with this will be appreciated.

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Fri, 15 May 2009 at 10:18 AM

There's not really a way to import it into anything, actually... that format is so proprietary that it's scary. AFAIK, the only thing you can do is open the file in 3D Studio, then export (at least parts of it) in some more portable format. If you don't have 3D Studio or know someone who does, you probably won't be able to do anything with it, I'm afraid.

You could try getting the evaluation edition of 3DS, but I'm not sure what it's export options are.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 15 May 2009 at 10:21 AM
Site Admin

The 3dsMax demo is fully featured, so you can use it to export your max file as either obj or 3ds.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

galactron22 ( ) posted Fri, 15 May 2009 at 10:46 AM

Thanks for the info gentlemen, I'll give this a try right away.

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.