Sat, Sep 21, 12:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 10:07 pm)

Subject: Need some information...

AnnieD ( ) posted Mon, 18 May 2009 at 12:42 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 7:20 AM

Can anyone explain to me about a pmd file?....and how to make one work in Daz properly.    😕

thanks  

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

Katanas ( ) posted Mon, 18 May 2009 at 2:53 AM · edited Mon, 18 May 2009 at 2:55 AM

PMD extensions means that file is a Pagemaker document, and also refer to Morph files as such.

There is information at this link... forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php

jestmart ( ) posted Mon, 18 May 2009 at 9:47 PM

PMD may stand for "Poser Morph Data", its a file that contains morph data in a compressed binary format.  There is a script that will open the file for DAZ Studio, but I don't have a link to it, sorry.

FragmentedFortunes ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2009 at 7:02 AM · edited Tue, 19 May 2009 at 7:03 AM

DeltaX15 has a plugin to allow pmd morphs to be read and used by Daz Studio, here is the link:

forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php

Hope this helps.

AnnieD ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2009 at 11:44 AM

Thanks very much to everyone who replied...and for the links.  At least now i have an idea and a direction to go in..
👍

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 1:04 AM

I have a question.... once you make a pmd file, do you need to keep the obj files you have created it from? I'm making a morph set for v4 and I want to sell it. When I go to package it up, do I have to package the geometry files to? Or does the PMD ahve them embeded?

My Store   My Gallery    Contact

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.