Sat, Sep 21, 4:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Saved plant previews in 7.4 I

gillbrooks ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 3:58 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:54 AM

file_431522.jpg

I just raised a ticket on this and wondered if anyone else is getting the problem

When I save a new .veg file in 7.4 Inf, the plant is ok but the previews aren't saving correctly even though I'm seeing a render in the plant editor.

Gill

Vege-Mite ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 8:20 PM · edited Mon, 25 May 2009 at 8:24 PM

file_431544.jpg

Hi Gill,

I haven't tried saving plants 'veg' files, but I've got exactly the same problem with the supplied 'Meta Cloud' previews. I think you'll find that it's a known issue and that it will be fixed in the next patch; at least I hope it will.  :-)

Adriaan Barel (a.k.a. Vege Mite)
"Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace." -- Oscar Wilde

sapa ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 8:56 PM

I installed 7.4 and  had vue meltdown but what i see was part of my problem eon gave me a fix after i tried to reinstall a few times and it solved my problems i posted the fix in an earlier post from the 21 or 22

Vege-Mite ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 8:57 PM

file_431545.jpg

Hi Gill, Just tried my Plant library and I get the same as you do.:-)

sapa ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 8:58 PM

Browse to the c:/Docments and Settings/username/ApplicationData/e-on software and delete the Vue 7 Infinite folder. This is a hidden directory so you need to have the option to view hidden files and folders turned on in your Windows Folder Options.

sapa ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 8:59 PM

when you start vue again it creates a new folder

hope it helps

Vege-Mite ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 10:07 PM

file_431550.jpg

No, it doesn't help at all. That folder contains all your preference settings and activation codes. It doesn't have anything to do with our problem.  :-(

sapa ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 11:04 PM · edited Mon, 25 May 2009 at 11:05 PM

it also has a folder in it called enviroment which has a object folder a plant folder ect..
did you try deleating the folder or just assume just curious

Vege-Mite ( ) posted Mon, 25 May 2009 at 11:42 PM · edited Mon, 25 May 2009 at 11:43 PM

I did as you said and when I started Vue it told me that my version was an upgrade and that I would have to locate the installation of the previous version for my content to work in the current version. Rather than mess around and start from scratch, I put the  Vue 7 Infinite folder back as it was before.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Tue, 26 May 2009 at 4:29 AM

They're in a slightly different place on Vista but I found them.

I deleted the .prv relevant to the trees I'd just saved but the new preview generated was exactly the same.   I did it again and the 3rd tree preview had changed. The top half was the same as tree #2, the bottom half was the same.

But, if it's a known bug then that's ok as long as they fix it PDQ 😄

Gill

timspfd ( ) posted Tue, 26 May 2009 at 12:59 PM

Yep, I've had this same problem Gill. I'm in Vista 64bit. mostly it's noise, sometimes it randomly picks up part of one of the other images in the folder I am saving to.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Tue, 26 May 2009 at 1:59 PM

Lee answered a while ago.  Yes, it's a known bug and will be 'fixed' in the next update

Gill

bigbraader ( ) posted Thu, 28 May 2009 at 8:04 AM

Hi -
I installed the "official" 7.4 (Complete) update today, and the previews are back! Both the clouds and the custom veg-files. 
And everything seems to work just fine.

BUT caution: When updating the first time, I got an error message (installation not being able to overwrite some small file) and the update was aborted, and Vue was gone! The exe file didn't exist.
I tried reinstalling several times, but the basic setup files seem to have been corrupted as well, and I got "out of memory" errors opening the standard libraries (plants, materials, atmospheres  etc.)
I had to delete the folder under "Documents and Settings", and then reinstall, and THEN everything worked, incl. the following re-updates. BIG relief!

• If you still got problems with the previews, I noticed that at least the cloud previews can be viewed if you do it manually, i. e. not using the icon shortcuts, but the "load object" option, and access the folder. Very strange!

• Lars

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 28 May 2009 at 9:31 AM

I saw in another thread that there are a few problems with the latest update - I'm wary of installing in

Thanks for the tip on the folder - Environments yes? They're in a different place on Vista

Gill

bigbraader ( ) posted Thu, 28 May 2009 at 9:59 AM

Hi Gill -
You're wise to hesitate with the update! WAIT until they fix it.
I just found out that none of the custom settings in the "Options" are saved when you exit Vue, e.g. the number of undo's, plant draw quality etc. It goes back to the something very much like the default settings. It's more than just  an irritating bug!
I've reverted to the 7.4 beta (new clean re-install of Vue), which had the thing with the noise-TN, but otherwise worked.

About loading the objects: I run XP, and on my system the objects, atmospheres etc. are in an "e-on" folder in the Documents folder. Not "environment" in the programs folder, that's about the application environment.

• Lars

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 28 May 2009 at 10:24 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2772456

Oh, the ojbects, plants etc, yes they're in 'Documents' but now all the .PRV files are hidden away in C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataRoaminge-on softwareVue 7 InfiniteEnvironmentCollections

I wondered why I could't see them any more in their old folders !

At the top of this reply is a link to the other thread regarding several problems with the new build

Gill

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.