Sat, Sep 21, 11:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: vertex room - sweep path help

graylensman ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2009 at 12:31 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:34 PM

Is there any way to determine the "sweep point" of a cross section in the vertex room? I have my sweep path, and I need one particular point on my cross section to match the sweep. I find that the cross section is swept along its midpoint, and that's not what I want. 

A search through Carrara help turned up nothing. Anybody know how I can do this? Thanks in advance!

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2009 at 1:39 PM

file_431716.gif

Well, if I understand what you are asking for, if you actually draw your sweep path so that it connects to the cross section, it will do as you are asking. 

graylensman ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2009 at 2:14 PM

So, are you saying I need to draw the cross section and the sweep path as one polyline, or that I can rest endpoint of my xsc on the path?

I tried the latter here, and it didn't work. The red selection along the floor is supposed to match the yellow selection, which was the sweep path.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2009 at 2:40 PM

Hi GLM,
I'm a little thick today and am not sure I understand what I'm looking at. Apologies. 

Regarding the sweep path, if you move the drawing tool near another vertex, you'll see a little square appear next to the cursor. This is cue that the line will automatically connect to the vertex and all you need to do after clicking is draw the next points until you finish by hitting the return/enter key. 

From the shapes I'm seeing, it looks like the dynamic extrusion or Gordon tool might work better on this shape though...

Mark

graylensman ( ) posted Wed, 27 May 2009 at 2:53 PM

Ah - no worries, Mark - it's plain to me what I'm looking at!  ;)

Thanks for your help. I'll try those other tools.   :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.