Tue, Oct 22, 5:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: CP has KILLED downloads early!!! They're now gone!!!!

jeffg3 ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 7:20 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:48 AM

There is no more access to past downloads.

Based on the following I thought we had one more day...

"The product catalog is changing. This is the last day to make purchases in the current store. Please complete any purchases for the current catalog prior to this date. You will be able to access your downloads, order history, and wish list on the old site through July 1st, 2009. Due to the changes in the catalog, your order history and wish list will not be transferred to the new store. We will provide a long term method for looking at past order history (without download access). You will want to copy your old wish list and get the new one going before July 1, however, as that information will not be available after that date."

I am furious.

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 7:36 AM

Today is the day they are doing the changeover so it may be that the downloads will reappear once the switch is made. Maybe?

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 7:37 AM

unless it's CP only, I'd give up on the place and go to the vendors directly. most of them have their own stores and your more likely to get continued access to the products you've bought.

but I must admit. it's been a real study on how to take a sucessful store idea and kill it.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 8:01 AM · edited Mon, 01 June 2009 at 8:04 AM

Quote - Today is the day they are doing the changeover so it may be that the downloads will reappear once the switch is made. Maybe?

Maybe "July 1st" was a Typo?

Quote - *** ***Due to the changes in the catalog, your order history and wish list will not be transferred to the new store.

If it will "NOT WORK" in the new store, then how could it work until July 1st?

The New Store Opens Today.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 8:02 AM

You missed :-

Quote - May 31st:
Content Paradise will experience a brief outage for the day while we bring our new store online.
You will not have access to shop or access your previous purchases during this time.
We thank you for your patience.

Which implies that you'll have access again as mentioned in the info under the "May 30th" heading, once they've finished shuffling the deck chairs and the new store is open.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 8:10 AM

Quote - unless it's CP only, I'd give up on the place and go to the vendors directly. most of them have their own stores and your more likely to get continued access to the products you've bought.

but I must admit. it's been a real study on how to take a sucessful store idea and kill it.

Quite frankly I am only interested in Poser Cintent items such as clothing for G2 Figures, etc...
Except for Cyllan and a few others there has been very little new offerings coming from CP as of late.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 8:31 AM

Quote - unless it's CP only, I'd give up on the place and go to the vendors directly. most of them have their own stores ...

The problem is that a lot of small stores only use Paypal.

Quote - ... and your more likely to get continued access to the products you've bought.

Nothing is really a good absolute indicator of this, circumstances can change quickly for big or small sites.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 8:39 AM

Quote - > Quote - unless it's CP only, I'd give up on the place and go to the vendors directly. most of them have their own stores ...

The problem is that a lot of small stores only use Paypal.

Quote - ... and your more likely to get continued access to the products you've bought.

Nothing is really a good absolute indicator of this, circumstances can change quickly for big or small sites.

What incentives is CP offering that would make one want to shop at CP vs shop directly from the creator? Paypal has never been a show stopper for me.

Thomas Jefferson

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 9:49 AM

Attached Link: http://support.contentparadise.com/faqs/letter.html

> Quote - Access to the old store is through a new link.... Check out >

Linking page with more details.

Are they ready for us to start creating new accounts yet ?
I'm asking becuase the support page you linked still has dev.contentparadise.com linked in the "Buy", "Sell", and "Sign In" buttons even though real main page (i.e. www.contentparadise.com) seems to be available.

moatmai ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 9:54 AM

Thanks for the links, ratscloset.

The FAQ promises read access to the old forums. When I try to access the old CP forums, I only get a Vbulletin error message. Hopefully, this will be fixed?

efstarlet ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 10:34 AM

The forums will be back for read only access soon, but not likely today. 
Yes, you can sign up for new accounts now.

Are you a Poser fan?  Show us on Facebook!

efstarlet ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 11:00 AM

I should have said - We appreciate the questions and feedback, but out of respect of the community here at Rendo and their commercial policy, CP will not be providing support or answering questions here.  Please use our feedback and contact form via our website. 

Thanks!

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 11:15 AM

Quote - I should have said - We appreciate the questions and feedback, but out of respect of the community here at Rendo and their commercial policy, CP will not be providing support or answering questions here.  Please use our feedback and contact form via our website. 

Thanks!

Hopefully the staff will be keeping an eye on the better known forums, and will at least feel able to post the odd "that needs to be sent as feedback" post once in a while (plus I'm sure there are forums where you'd be welcome, PhilC's perhaps).

jeffg3 ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 11:27 AM

Quote - Access to the old store is through a new link.... Check out

http://Support.contentparadise.com/

The past Downloads are now at

http://retro.contentparadise.com

Thanks!!!!!

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 11:37 AM

You can sign up and also transfer your old vouchers to your new account. That's pretty easy to do, no hassle at all, so that's a good thing.

As for the store, it's simple straight forward and not many bells and whistles, so no distractions, you come there to do what you came for.... shop. That's good also. At other sites there are many distractions, so perhaps this concept would work.

Still not sure if I will continue to shop at CP or not, I do find the new website kind of unpersonal and a bit too slick, it's not really appealing. That's not too good. Also it's a bit too bright to really enjoy it.

But I've noticed my favourite vendor is still selling some of his stuff exclusively through CP, some of his stuff is unique and no alternatives around, so I may have to shop there.

I was expecting some kind of huge opening sale to entice to come back all of us who aren't sure yet if we want to come back. But.... no grant opening sale and that's not good, especially since the new store doesn't have much appeal at all.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

WandinStar ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 11:51 AM

Hello! I was just at CP and am not impressed to say the least.  It is difficult to look around.  I don't like how they show the product and the pop ups when you pass over the item are real annoying.  I couldn't locate just the vendor area for Vanishing Point and finally found the limited offering for "tank".  I really don't need the headache and have to agree that it will no longer be a frequent stop.  It is sad that they had to screw up a working site but there are other places to spend my available bucks.  Take care all.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 12:15 PM

Quote - Hello! I was just at CP and am not impressed to say the least.  It is difficult to look around.  I don't like how they show the product and the pop ups when you pass over the item are real annoying.  I couldn't locate just the vendor area for Vanishing Point and finally found the limited offering for "tank".  I really don't need the headache and have to agree that it will no longer be a frequent stop.  It is sad that they had to screw up a working site but there are other places to spend my available bucks.  Take care all.

I am with you on this one, I can only see 5 items at a time?!? WTF!

I can shop elsewhere.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 12:17 PM

I've been having trouble with downloading stuff. It looks as though the old store was on the verge of total breakdown. Files were often being reported as 1 byte longer than was actually downloaded.

And it didn't make any difference which browser I used.

Since I started downloading back-ups, the stuff distributed as .exe files has been particularly awkward, but I wonder if there are firewall/anti-virus issues. But no trouble with anything from DAZ.

It's people such as PhilC, working through Content Paradise, who've kept me going there.

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 12:17 PM · edited Mon, 01 June 2009 at 12:22 PM

Quote - Today is the day they are doing the changeover so it may be that the downloads will reappear once the switch is made. Maybe?

Hopefully your items also will reappear in the CP store, as I can't find any of them! :bored:

EDIT; John (ratscloset) is indeed correct-all of my past downloads are available at retro.contentparadise.com .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 12:19 PM

Quote - You can sign up and also transfer your old vouchers to your new account. That's pretty easy to do, no hassle at all, so that's a good thing.

Yes, simply wonderful.
It took my PassPort Club Rebate Coupon, that I had split into five equal parts and made it all one big coupon again.
And I do not see anywhere to split it up the way i had it.

Thomas Jefferson

Darboshanski ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 12:48 PM

Okay being the skimmer I am of threads I gather we need to create a new account? Must be it because my present user name and password doesn't work now.

My Facebook Page

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 12:50 PM

Quote - Okay being the skimmer I am of threads I gather we need to create a new account? Must be it because my present user name and password doesn't work now.

Yes you need to create a new account.
Your old account details are only valid for the "retro" site.

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 12:53 PM

Quote - > Quote - You can sign up and also transfer your old vouchers to your new account. That's pretty easy to do, no hassle at all, so that's a good thing.

Yes, simply wonderful.
It took my PassPort Club Rebate Coupon, that I had split into five equal parts and made it all one big coupon again.
And I do not see anywhere to split it up the way i had it.

Guess you get to be the guinea pig for the Customer Service form 😉
(Please report back on how you fair)

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 12:59 PM

nice.

the new system claims when I try and import my coupons

"The following error has occured. Please try again.
Invalid username/password combination from the old system."

but I can login on the old system directly using the name and password is claims is invalid.

tell me again why they could'nt do a simple database import? as someone who's written databases and seen other sites do database imports between database systems, it's mystifing why they did'nt do it!!

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 1:38 PM

You have to create a new account.

However if I'm reading it correctly the terms and conditions that you have to agree to cover both purchaser and seller. There are not separate agreements for customers and vendors that I can see. This may not matter today but in six months time you may want to sell content and find that you are locked into terms and conditions that you may not find agreeable.

If I'm not reading it correctly could someone please indicate.

caveat emptor

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 1:40 PM · edited Mon, 01 June 2009 at 1:46 PM

Quote - > Quote - Hello! I was just at CP and am not impressed to say the least.  It is difficult to look around.  I don't like how they show the product and the pop ups when you pass over the item are real annoying.  I couldn't locate just the vendor area for Vanishing Point and finally found the limited offering for "tank".  I really don't need the headache and have to agree that it will no longer be a frequent stop.  It is sad that they had to screw up a working site but there are other places to spend my available bucks.  Take care all.

I am with you on this one, I can only see 5 items at a time?!? WTF!

I can shop elsewhere.

Or you can choose the LIST ALL view for the category. A List not unlike iTunes pops up with every product in that category with a button to buy and a price. Roll your mouse over the item name and a promo image pops up, and if you need more info you can click and go to the product page.

I rather like it so far.  I do still think they need better promo pics, but as I understand it, that's up to the vendors mostly.

BTW- VanishingPoint is still there. All of it. Just click on the name in the List All view.

http://www.contentparadise.com/SearchListView.aspx?searchText=VanishingPoint

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 1:53 PM

Quote - You have to create a new account.

However if I'm reading it correctly the terms and conditions that you have to agree to cover both purchaser and seller. There are not separate agreements for customers and vendors that I can see. This may not matter today but in six months time you may want to sell content and find that you are locked into terms and conditions that you may not find agreeable.

If I'm not reading it correctly could someone please indicate.

caveat emptor

I did create a new one...! Starlet's looking into the problem now tho.

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 7:18 PM

What sucks is that I have bought programs through them, will they be supported? Also I bought extended downloads through them, will that be supported? No more Poser for me I will stay with 7. They have lost a customer for life over this fiasco.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 7:25 PM

Quote - What sucks is that I have bought programs through them, will they be supported? Also I bought extended downloads through them, will that be supported? No more Poser for me I will stay with 7. They have lost a customer for life over this fiasco.

There's a simple way to find out. Ask them.

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 8:36 PM

Quote -
BTW- VanishingPoint is still there. All of it. Just click on the name in the List All view.

http://www.contentparadise.com/SearchListView.aspx?searchText=VanishingPoint

Not everything is there; I'm rebuilding my wishlist, and Tycoon Office is there, but Film Noir office and Scary Basement aren't.  According to the FAQ such things are to be expected.  Hopefully they work it out soon..... :crying:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

imagination304 ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 8:51 PM · edited Mon, 01 June 2009 at 8:53 PM

Hi all,

So the old downloads will not be transferred to new website.
If I bought many products from old stores, will I still own the license to use these products after 1 month (july 1)? How do you distinguish you have license or use pirate version? Do we need to print all the old invoices out?

Quote - And with a quick note to our Customer Service team we will always try to help you get access to something you may need from your purchase history to the best of our ability.

They should have transferred the history automatically for us.

It seems that what they are doing is causing problems for their support and us.

BTW, I agreed that it is very inconvenient to browse products. It should have displayed as much as possible.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2009 at 8:54 PM

I was a little surprised to see a couple of my favourite vendors no longer there.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 1:14 AM · edited Tue, 02 June 2009 at 1:14 AM

Quote - I was a little surprised to see a couple of my favourite vendors no longer there.

Just trying to help:

From the CP Support page:

• *I can't find my favorite seller from the retro.contentparadise store? *

Due to the restructuring of the database to accommodate buyer and seller requests, many previous sellers are still making the switch and getting their catalogs active over the next few weeks. We expect to see many more sellers and products become active very quickly. If you are curious about a particular seller or set of products, you may want to contact them directly.*

imagination304 ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 3:32 AM

@EClark1894: The default view of CP display should be "View All".
Besides, for the rows near the bottom of screen, the pop-up desciption screen could not show the description text completely. You have to scroll down the screen to view them.

imagination304 ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 3:35 AM

@EClark1894:

Quote - You will be able to search your order history indefinitely.

Could I search my order history from old store or new store indefinitely?

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 6:19 AM

Quote - > Quote - I was a little surprised to see a couple of my favourite vendors no longer there.

Just trying to help:

From the CP Support page:

• *I can't find my favorite seller from the retro.contentparadise store? *

Due to the restructuring of the database to accommodate buyer and seller requests, many previous sellers are still making the switch and getting their catalogs active over the next few weeks. We expect to see many more sellers and products become active very quickly. If you are curious about a particular seller or set of products, you may want to contact them directly.*

Another possible cause is that the artist isn't listed for many items in the database, even though they are present under the broker's name.  Hopefully the artist's names will be added soon.

aeilkema ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 8:03 AM

Another reason is that some choose not to be part of CP anymore and others decided not to sell everything they used to sell in the new store.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 10:31 AM · edited Tue, 02 June 2009 at 10:32 AM

Quote - @EClark1894:

Quote - You will be able to search your order history indefinitely.

Could I search my order history from old store or new store indefinitely?

I can only quote what they say on their support page:

Purchase history - Your old account is still there!

*The old CP Store is now available at http://retro.contentparadise.com. **You will always have access to your old account with all of your saved purchase history for orders placed prior to June 1, 2009. *You just log in with your old username and password to visit your MyStuff page. We also provide a link to that site in your NEW Account - so you can pop over to visit your old purchase history whenever you need to from your new account.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 5:39 PM

The fun just keeps getting better and better.
Yesterday when I imported my PC Rebate into the new account, I had 1 coupon for $20.08.
I have done nothing at all to my account nor purchased anything, yet over night my Coupon was reduced to $10.04. I lost 50% over night.

Thomas Jefferson

efstarlet ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 7:08 PM

Quote - The fun just keeps getting better and better.
Yesterday when I imported my PC Rebate into the new account, I had 1 coupon for $20.08.
I have done nothing at all to my account nor purchased anything, yet over night my Coupon was reduced to $10.04. I lost 50% over night.

DR - did you not get the message I sent to you directly yesterday?  Coupon splits were for multiple use coupons - you can use that $10.04 coupon two times.  We are working on updating the interface to reflect the multi-use coupon numbers.  Rest assured, you have $20.08 in value. 

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 10:13 PM

your coupon value changes with the stock market and oil prices, but it will not go up beyond the original value.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

jonnybode ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 10:51 PM · edited Tue, 02 June 2009 at 10:52 PM

I find the new site an improvement, its pretty fast and much easier to find things now.
The colour scheme they have choosen for the site is very easy on the eyes and much better than the old dark one.

Ive always seen the ability to download past orders a luxuary so it doesnt bother me if its not possible anymore.
Then again, I dont expect the supermarket to give me a new pen everytime I loose one either, its up to me to keep track of stuff ive bougth, online or in real life.

Regards / Jonny

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 03 June 2009 at 6:04 AM

DAZ has the BEST online order history. It warns you if you put an item in your cart that you have already purchased.

I'm sure I'm like a lot of folks. I've purchased tons of stuff from several stores, including 18 pages of items at CP (mostly free stuff at CP) . I do not have a spreadsheet of my purchases. And even if I did, I surely do not want to check this sheet everytime I want to buy something from a store to make sure I have not bought it already, and there is no way I can remember what I've purchased over the years. I therefore rely on the store order history, which I do have to check from time to time, especially when older stuff goes on sale, or the bundle deals, and so forth.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 03 June 2009 at 7:55 AM

Dave-So,

I keep a spreadsheet of my DAZ purchases, because DAZ will happily let you purchase something again that you previously bought as part of a bundle.

You can download an Excel spreadsheet of your history from the CP order history page. BTW  I don't own Excel-I use openoffice.org, which works very well and is free.

nyguy ( ) posted Wed, 03 June 2009 at 11:43 AM

What gets me about not transfering the old order history to the new store is that you can export it from the old store as an XML file, which you can import into almost any standard database.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 03 June 2009 at 2:17 PM

Quote - What gets me about not transfering the old order history to the new store is that you can export it from the old store as an XML file, which you can import into almost any standard database.

So you're saying they deliberately did not transfer the order histories just to piss off their customers and run them off? And you're comfortable making that rationalization?

aeilkema ( ) posted Wed, 03 June 2009 at 4:35 PM

Quote - > Quote - What gets me about not transfering the old order history to the new store is that you can export it from the old store as an XML file, which you can import into almost any standard database.

So you're saying they deliberately did not transfer the order histories just to piss off their customers and run them off?

By saying that we asked for all this, they already did that.

Food for thought.....

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 11:51 AM · edited Thu, 04 June 2009 at 11:52 AM

Quote - > Quote - What gets me about not transfering the old order history to the new store is that you can export it from the old store as an XML file, which you can import into almost any standard database.

So you're saying they deliberately did not transfer the order histories just to piss off their customers and run them off? And you're comfortable making that rationalization?

No what I am saying is that they are lazy for not doing this. I work with databases all day long and I know that with some time and effort they could have made it work so your account info could have been moved to the new site. 

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 12:31 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - What gets me about not transfering the old order history to the new store is that you can export it from the old store as an XML file, which you can import into almost any standard database.

No what I am saying is that they are lazy for not doing this. I work with databases all day long and I know that with some time and effort they could have made it work so your account info could have been moved to the new site. 

But you don't know exactly what they had to do, do you? Unless you were part of the team putting this together. I'm not doubting your experience, I don't know except for what you've told me, and I don't if that's true or not. I AM assuming that they had some reason, other than laziness, for not doing it. They did say they rewrote everything from scratch, so I don't know what they did or didn't do, but unless you were there, it's a safe bet that you're making unsubstantiated assumptions.

Now if someone at CP wants to come forward and say you're right...

Klebnor ( ) posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 12:46 PM

There is no need for CP to verify nyguy's contention.  It speaks for itself.  If you can easily make your customers' lives simpler ... but don't ... you're either lazy or perverse.

I'd say it's 50/50.

I'm flipping a coin now.

Hold on and I'll let you know how it lands.

Klebnor aus Unterpremstaetten

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

Daymond42 ( ) posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 2:06 PM

Seems that whenever people want to see where to get Terai Yuki 2, I haven't a link to give them. Appears that TY2 is one of the casualties of the CP conversion.

Sure looks funny on their store, having a bunch of TY2 clothing items and such, and no base model to link to.

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.