Fri, Sep 20, 6:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Playground with Daz Studio

nDelphi ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 1:14 PM · edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 11:27 PM

I bought the Playground from Renderosity and the grass does not seem to work in Daz Studio. Something about displacement map and settings. I am not up on all this.

Has anyone here bought the Playground and has gotten the grass to look decent in Daz Studio? If so, can you share what you did and the settings for it? Thank you.

3D DAZ Studio/Poser Celebrity Lookalike Directory

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 1:43 PM

Can you show a render of what you get in a render? 

The settings probably won't match, and you'll probably have to manually plug in the displacement map to the grass.  It should be in the same folder with the rest of the textures :)

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

nDelphi ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 2:43 PM

Hi JenX,

Thanks for responding. I just got the bad news from Richard Haseltine over at Daz 3D.

"I don't see anything promising in the file list, it may be a procedural in which case you'll need to make your own displacement map (though you may be able to mimic the seup in DS 3's Shader Mixer)."

Looks like it's going to be a lot more involved than I thought.

I was hoping that someone here had already worked on this and may have a working solution for Daz Studio.

dbrv6 ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 3:45 PM

Delphi,
Sounds like a procedural texture.

Go over to CG Textures. http://cgtextures.com/
Search on Grass - you can find good tiled grass textures there.

Then if you have paint or gimp or similar you can also make a displacement or bmp map that might work very well for you.

Other options are the Bryce Shaders that have been setup to work for D/S that are sold over at DAZ. Also you can look at other ground options you may have with other props that may do what you want.

Cheers
DBRv6

nDelphi ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 6:35 AM

Thanks for the tips. I had put together a something with MicroCosm for the terrain, but I was not able to get it the way I wanted until I found a free set of lawn mats for it. The resources used are a lot more, but it works.

Here is a render of it in Daz Studio 2.3 using Light Dome Pro 2 for the lighting.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1895721&member

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.