Fri, Sep 20, 11:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Muscle texture for standard P6 Male

fantombe ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 4:01 AM · edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 2:48 PM

I'm looking for a basic "muscle without skin" type texture map that will work with the bog standard P6 Male. Similar to the ones Daz do for the millenium figures.

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/michael-3-david?item=3049&_m=d

I'd be happy to pay for one of those, even with all the extra morphs, etc. that I don't need if I could guarantee the texture map images would map onto the P6 Male, but in my inexperience, I'm not sure if they would.

A matching one for the P6 female would be good too, but I'd settle for the bloke's map. I don't even need anything as detailed as the ones over on Daz, they're just the only ones I can find right now! 

I've literally spent all morning searching here, Daz, and Google and come up with nothing. I don't really know where else to look (again showing my inexperience!), so have officially admitted defeat and am asking you fine people for help!

Any suggestions? :)

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 4:35 AM

DAZ has muscle maps for V4/M4 at least, probably for V3/M3 also.  Nothing I'm aware of for the P6 man (James) though.

My Freebies

fantombe ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 4:43 AM

Thank you for the insight. How similar are M4/V4 texture map images to standard P6 Male/Female texture map images?

Could I just copy the texture off of one in photoshop and paste it on the other one for example? Or would it actually end up being a really complicated procedure?

Thanks again. :)

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 5:01 AM

Nope, not very practical at all.  There are texture converters I guess, I don't care for the results they tend to give out.

My Freebies

fantombe ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2009 at 5:02 AM

OK, thank you for the info. I appreciate your time.

gagnonrich ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 9:08 AM

Poser 7 came with muscle mapped figures under a directory called Anatomy.  I forget whether P6 had the same figures (P5 did not).

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 9:38 AM

Sure enough, I had that sitting on my hard drive and hadn't noticed.  The proportions and rig appear to be exactly the same as P6 James (checked several joint parameters in Joint Editor).

My Freebies

fantombe ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 9:41 AM

Excellent. I'll cross my fingers and see if it's in P6 as well when I get onto my home computer.

Thanks both, you've been really helpful.

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 9:45 AM

If not, depending on how bad you need it, you could look into Poser 7:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000MCIANU/ref=sr_1_olp_6?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1244472236&sr=1-6

Other reasons to think about Poser 7:  much better memory management than P6, and the renderer can use up to four threads - if you have a multi-core processor this can speed up rendering a lot.

My Freebies

fantombe ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 9:50 AM

I didn't understand any of that last sentance, but I'm sure they're all good reasons!

If P6 doesn't have the textures/models, I'll add up the cost of the millenium figures plus Daz's textures, and compare that to the cost of P7 and see what comes out.

Of course the exchange rate's a bit crap right now which doesn't help! :)

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 10:13 AM

While M4 is a pretty nice figure, I have to say that if you have a whole lot of content already set up for James then you'll be stuck with spending even more money trying to convert it to M4 or buying replacements (more likely), so think about it pretty carefully.

My Freebies

fantombe ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2009 at 10:28 AM

Thank you, I appreciate the caution.

I don't have anything set up at this stage, so should be alright. I would literally be starting the idea from scratch. James just happened to come with the program and is a detailed enough character for the job. I don't need all the extra 'realism', resolution, morphs, and stuff that comes with Millenium figures, but if that's the only way to get a no-skin version, that's what I'll do!

Ironically, I'll still need to hire an artist to tone down the detail on the millenium muscle textures, so that will be factored into the purchase price too. Certainly got some calculations to do when I get home!

Interestingly, I did find a "muscle" texture in the textures folder which is black and white, so I'm guessing it's meant as a bump map or some other such 3D thingy. I'm not sure, but I don't think the pose on the image matches that of James's other textures though, because if that was red and white instead of black and white, that would be ideal!

raven ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 10:25 AM

file_432646.jpg

The above picture shows from left to right, V4 with Male morph at 1, V4 and M3 (click to see it bigger). The V4 muscle map is used on both V4s, and the M3 muscle map is used on the M3 figure.There are differences in the male and female muscle maps, and that is the fatty tissue on the breasts. You can see the diference in the breast area on the renders. If postwork is going to be used after render anyway, you could probably clone out the fatty tissue for a male. The V4 muscle maps are $20 ($14 if a Platinum Club member), and the V4 base figure can be downloaded for free and comes with the male morph. There is no M4 muscle map at the moment. If you choice of figures is not set in stone yet and you want to save some money getting into the DAZ series of figures, this book is a bargain! [ http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/new-daz-original/figures-characters-and?item=9166&cat=3&_m=d](http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/new-daz-original/figures-characters-and?item=9166&cat=3&_m=d) It comes with V4 complete, M4 complete, A4 starter pack and H4 starter pack, as well as Carrara 6 Pro, DAZ Studio and Hexagon 2.2. You can also get the book from Amazon too.

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 1:30 PM

$20 for that combo is a pretty good deal for sure.  Out of stock at DAZ though.

My Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.