Sat, Sep 21, 3:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Textures

bhinton37 ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2009 at 8:42 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:51 AM

Attached Link: http://www.samuraisquirrel.com

file_432749.jpg

I'm currently working on a site for free textures. See link. I would love any feed back on the usability of the textures, requests, suggests, so on. If you think they are to big, to small, wrong scale anything let me know. Thanks and enjoy!

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2009 at 9:07 PM

Quite nice, has potential to be a first rate all round site. I personally prefer photo textures so I liked all the stone stuff...always handy, but there are as many tastes as people so create away...thanks btw.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

bhinton37 ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2009 at 9:33 PM

I have many photo ready to be made into seamless textures - its what I want to mainly provide but the CG one are much easier to create so in a rush I throw them up. I'll try and get some new photo stock up there soon. Thanks.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2009 at 10:13 PM

Wow, free for commercial use??! That's generous :o). I prefer fabric textures, but that's just me. I make a lot and I HAVE a lot. But one can always use more...LOL. I like the stone and dirt and wood textures too. Just about any surface you can use in a texture map.

Good work :o). And thanks.

Laurie

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2009 at 3:46 AM

I particularly liked your "about me" page. :-)

But seriously. I like how the textures are used as the page background, it gives you a good opportunity to see how they will tile. However some of the page elements are slow to load - the "ripped paper" effect seems to be the culprit - and that makes the site a little unresponsive. I would also have liked thumbnails on the archive page so I could have some idea of what was on there. The imaginative names are fine, but given the slowness of opening the individual pages, a preview would be helpful.

Thanks for a generous resource. I'll be interested to see how it develops.

Magick_Lady ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2009 at 10:25 AM

I especialy liked the old brick textures and the dragon scales , keep up the fantasyic work :)))))))))))

q

bhinton37 ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2009 at 6:39 PM

Thanks for all the input.

English BOB - Ya realized that the stupid paper texture is like 500k so its making it lag when loading - will fix it next week. The real about me wont be much more interesting to read :)

LaurieA - I have a bunch of fabrics laying around the house, I'll try and get some up next week as well. (my wife's a fashion designer - www.samiah.com)

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2009 at 9:41 PM

Quote - ...LaurieA - I have a bunch of fabrics laying around the house, I'll try and get some up next week as well. (my wife's a fashion designer - www.samiah.com)

AWESOME! :^D

elzoejam ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2009 at 12:10 PM

Fabulous! I really love the bump maps, I rarely download a texture without them. Thanks so much!

EnglishBob ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2009 at 5:23 PM

Quote - my wife's a fashion designer - www.samiah.com

That's an interesting site she has there. Plenty of inspiration for us clothing modellers. :-)

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2009 at 5:33 PM

Quote - > Quote - my wife's a fashion designer - www.samiah.com

That's an interesting site she has there. Plenty of inspiration for us clothing modellers. :-)

I thought they were pretty cool too ;o). I want a long jacket like the one on her site for Aiko 3! LOL.

bhinton37 ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2009 at 12:41 PM

Her clothing is amazing. Several game developers have used her designs. I have a friend working on a version of one of the coats, will probably be for the Victoria model but I'll see if he can do a Aiko - I'll you guys posted when in comes available.

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 24 June 2009 at 10:13 PM

funny, I just stopped in here to check on textures. Off to go see...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

FragmentedFortunes ( ) posted Thu, 25 June 2009 at 8:20 PM

Thank you very much, those are very generous terms and a great site with some interesting and quality textures, the dragon scales are very cool, as are the other creature/alien ones.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.