Wed, Oct 2, 10:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: AWOL - my apologies.

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2009 at 2:55 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 10:25 PM
Forum Moderator

Sorry, you guys, but I been awol for two days.

I woke up on tuesday morning (yesterday) with a crippling pain in my chest, sweating, vomitting and generally messed up. Mrs Bryster called my GP who came round super quick and after taking a look at me called the ambulance as he thought I was having a heart-attack.

I've just got back home after the hospital ran all the usual and jabbed me full of blood thinners and wired me up to the machinary. Turns out I wasn't having a  heart-attack, I was having a major bout of acid indigestion. I have something wrong with my oesophegus (SS) and so I have to go and have other stuff looked at soon.

I'm still dazed from all the crap they pumped into me so it'll be a couple till I get back on form.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2009 at 3:59 PM

Well, as bad as it is, far better that than a heart attack. Have to watch the Bhajis..;) I suppose. Glad you're feeling better.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

photostar ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2009 at 4:15 PM

Glad to hear you did not suffer a heart attack.  Let's hope the other things they will be checking out won't be a serious problem, either.

3eighty ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2009 at 4:22 PM

I bet it was Sticker Shock on the new DAZ 3d price................

Ang25 ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2009 at 6:20 PM

Hey Chris,

Sorry to hear about your ailment, but like others said, it's good it's not the heart.
Hope they give you some good stuff and stop poking you.

Take care of yourself,
Angela

dan whiteside ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2009 at 7:13 PM

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

50parsecs ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2009 at 10:02 PM

Relieved to hear that it wasn't your "ticker". Besides, you can't kick off yet, "The Flying Scotsman" isn't finished. ;-)

ThunderStone ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2009 at 10:58 PM

Hope you feel better. Glad it's not your ticker. Hope they give you something to help with whatever else is wrong.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Ardiva ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2009 at 11:03 PM

Hey, sweetie...glad to hear it's not anything major. I myself, had a small stroke on my right side back last Dec. when I was living in Arkansas. Got hooked up and all that in emergency.Also had to stay overnight. Lots of tests...on BP meds now and  watching  cholesterol . It aint fun, so please take care of yourself.

Lown ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2009 at 11:57 PM

Sorry to hear that, hope everything turns out well for you and the family, best wishes.

johnyf ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2009 at 12:39 AM

Get well soon!!!

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2009 at 1:17 AM

You have a heart? LOL…j/k there Bryster. I’m certainly glad it’s not heart related. No one needs that complication to be sure. And I’m certain that you almost gave Mrs. B some worries as well. I’ve heard of indigestion being miss-diagnosed as heart attack symptoms before, it’s no laughing matter. Hope the rest of the probing doesn’t go as badly for you. They’ll probably do an endoscopy if they haven’t already to see what’s causing it. That’s not too bad since they give you a mild sedative to put you out when they do it. Hopefully you’ll get off lightly and only have to take something like Nexium for a while and watch your diet. Stay well my friend and keep us posted.

Ardiva, sorry to hear about your situation as well. I’m glad you’re on the mend.

rashadcarter ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2009 at 2:05 AM

Hang in there and good luck getting well soon!

dyret ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2009 at 4:02 AM

best of luck!! good health!

Thandaluz ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2009 at 7:12 AM

We hoped has been only a passing evil, those that you/they alert. 
Our machine the times he/she needs rest. 
Good luck and that gets better quickly.

vangogh ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2009 at 9:15 AM

I guess it was your turn to contribute to the hospital financial fund....all those tests and probings are ment to keep the hospital healthy and your wallet slim and trim. Hope you are feeling better now and can go Bryce something real quick. 

skiwillgee ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2009 at 9:36 AM

slipped and fell into the comfy chair, did you?  Glad you are okay.  No more burritos and jalapeno peppers please.

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2009 at 11:25 AM
Forum Moderator

Thanks for all the kind words, you guys. It's appreciated. My GP was spot on - did the right thing. The guy in the next bed had a massive HA and didn't feel a thing. Now that's SCARY!!!!

I'm covered in bruises! The blood thinners are a real bitch.

vangogh - we don't pay over here....well not directly anyway.

Questy, you are exactly right. They gave me Nexium and it works if this morning is anything to go by. I have to take it for a week then it's back to my GP to find out what I'm gonna do next.

Right now I'm rendering a new ticker - just in case - and looking for a .obj of an oesophagas.

Oh and LOL. The corridor lights in the hospital turn Borg Green at night ! Don't ask.

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

orbital ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2009 at 12:41 PM

Sorry to hear that Chris, looks like you'll be needing that comfy chair yourself, if you can find some room that is!

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

violet ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2009 at 1:48 PM

Hope you feel better soon.....
Miss your IMs....... ;-)

Take care and a big hug.....

tom271 ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2009 at 4:07 PM

get better soon..... 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jrcejaspulido ( ) posted Sat, 20 June 2009 at 12:18 PM

I hope you get well soon.
Leave Mars and come to Earth. Best weather here.

vncnt9663 ( ) posted Sat, 20 June 2009 at 1:21 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your poor health. I hope your feeling better soon.

Boofy ( ) posted Sun, 21 June 2009 at 8:30 PM

Hey Brycie, join the heretics nexium club yaaaayyyy!...oops sowwy.

Seriously. Glad it is not the ticker.
I have had all that crap from medical conditions with the oesophagus/stomach ulcers etc. It is a pain to do  but try to avoid food late at night, too much caffine/smokes etc and if you have alcohol..try milk based ones but early in the night.

I try not to eat after about 7.30 pm or i get something like that 'turn' you had when i sleep as the acids race up and then burn the **** out of my windpipe and i cant breathe...joy oh joy! If you render an oesophagus i will order two please...just in case
:)
Wishing u all the best my friend. Jen

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 7:10 AM · edited Mon, 22 June 2009 at 7:36 AM
Forum Moderator

Boofy, I find that it's worse if I go to bed hungry - ok so that sounds weird, but sometimes I just can't face food. The coffee and smokes I can relate too though. The nexium is doing the job however, but the blood thinners are working too well. I cut myself shaving yesterday and it wouldn't stop bleeding, I mean for hours and hours.

Two oesophagi renders coming right up.

Thanks again for all the kind words, Guys. Nice to know my rendo 'family' is behind me.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 7:32 AM

(I can't believe I missed this,)

I'm so sorry to hear of your health problems Chris, but boy, it's great to hear the heart is okay.

Oesophageal problems are still no joke though and need careful attention, so take care mate.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Boofy ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 8:57 PM

Ahhhhhhh that is a balance with me too, cant eat late but if i have empty tummy cause the acids in my tummy are too strong. Nexium is like gold, never run out of it or you will be sooowwwyyyy.

I was on the blood thinners when on dialysis, they are a pain. constant pressure with the thumb or a finger..and dont keep lifting it to see if it has stopped for at least 5-10 min. When u lift it dont jerk it or you loose the 'crust'. just ease up the pressure slowly so the vein relaxes back into place and 'peel' the thumb off slowly..worked for a little heretic like me. :thumbupboth:

zorzim ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 10:03 AM

I really wish you a complete and swift recovery.
Just think that these bitches of things happens in life every now and then, and most of the time we forgot about even the worst of them feeling okay again after.... a while

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 11:12 AM

Ack!
 hope ye rok soon :)
I get hellish acid reflux due to the M.E., nearly choked ot death a couple of times in the night, had to throw myself out of bed so my head was down low so it would clear....ugh

So I put raisers under head of my bed, and avoid milk at night, both of which help :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2009 at 2:52 PM
Forum Moderator

OMG. Good luck with that. ;-(

Boofy ( ) posted Mon, 06 July 2009 at 1:58 AM

Hiya brycie hope you are sorting yourself out, I had one of your nights last Sat, Acid reflux was sooo bad i couldn't breathe. I am looking at dietary ways to manage it and thought you would like the info as well. the main offendors seem to be fat and acid

so i have found a site with all sorts of info and most importantly recipes that are 'heartburn friendly'

http://heartburn.about.com/od/preventiontreatment/u/treatment.htm

There is a recipe and food menu area there so i have been trawling that

I am giving the food a go, and going to start with

Baked Chicken and Rice tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. I have put the recipe below for anyone else who wants it. I assume they mean low fat milk and soup, most of the other recipes do, so i am going to do 'low fat'.

Baked Chicken and Rice

A creamy mushroom sauce cloaks tender baked chicken breasts in this easily prepared entree.

Prep Time: :15

Cook Time: 1:15

Ingredients:

• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • 2-10.75 ounce cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
  • 2-4.5 ounce cans sliced mushrooms

Preparation:

• Preheat oven to 350 F
  • In a mixing bowl, mix together mushroom soup with milk and stir until well blended
  • Take 1 cup of soup and milk mixture and set aside
  • Using the remainder of the soup mixture, add rice and mushrooms
  • Pour rice and soup mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish
  • Place chicken breasts on top of mixture
  • Pour the set aside soup mixture over the chicken
  • Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour
  • Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes

Serves 4

I will let u know if i survive :scared: IM me if you get confused as the site is a bit of a rabbit warren...sigh. Jen

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 06 July 2009 at 6:17 AM
Forum Moderator

Well thank you so much, Boofy. You went to way too much trouble! That's real nice of you.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Fri, 10 July 2009 at 9:28 PM

Here's hoping things recover well for you.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Boofy ( ) posted Sun, 12 July 2009 at 9:50 PM

Nps Brycie, as i said I know how u feel. You may consider my help as a heritic's bribe to stave off the comfy chair.:tt2:

I have been researching sites with recipes, that recipe above needs a few herbs and prob a bit less rice and some veg: carrots/peas. even a dash of curry (is good for digestion in small doses)

Two good sites are:

http://heartburn.about.com/od/preventiontreatment/u/treatment.htm    

http://www.drgourmet.com/gerd/index.shtml

got this from one of them:

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/lamb/braised-lamb-with-dill-sauce/       

I substituted yoghurt with sour cream and added 500ml chicken consume` (reduced stock)

We used chump chops(But would add at least two more chops) but any meat could go well eg: T-bones.
We put in slow cooker on high for 4 hours, meat was falling off the bonesJ
The sauce is yummy too.

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2009 at 8:16 AM
Forum Moderator

I think Mrs Bryster will be fascinated. Thankyou so much. (I can't cook btw.)

Boofy ( ) posted Mon, 13 July 2009 at 7:19 PM

Hehehehe...just enjoy the results and slide that comfy chair a little further from this little heretic. Oh BTW, if you/anyone wants to cut coffee try 'dandelion coffee replacement'. Coffee is not good for delicate tummys...sigh

http://www.vitaco.com.au/topics/health/products/alternate/rejuvenation/dandelion+coffee.htm           

it is not too bad, i use a small plunger for it. I am down to one cup of coffee a day..from about 10 a day! Boofy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.