Sat, Sep 21, 2:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Smoke or fog?

DocMatter ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2001 at 11:17 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:48 PM

I'm trying to create a scene (animation) where a figure walks through a small fog bank (or cloud of smoke). I want them to be completely obscured for a moment before reemerging from the fog. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? I only have Poser ProPack, Rhino, and the Max4 demo I got from 3DWorld a couple of months ago and haven't installed yet. (I'm saving my 15 days until I really need it.)

dolly ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 3:44 AM

could`nt you apply a trans map to the whole figure for the amount of frames you want the figure to dissapear just a though

Schlabber ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 4:52 AM

applying a morph-target to a box that simulates the fog could also work ... (just another thought)

wetworks ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 6:29 AM

Seems to me that 3DWorld had a tutorial on this about two months ago, with an animation of a gremlin walking through a cemetery. If memory serves, dangerous ground there, they used a transmap on a sphere and could rotate it during the animation to allow the fog to move a little.

Huolong ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 5:34 AM

There's fog with astro_3d's world builder props available at DAZ and 3D Commune

Gordon

davidm ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 8:25 AM

Attached Link: http://www.coolfun.com/illusion

If you want this effect the easy-peasy way, with TONS of other cool effects too, check out Illusion 2 from Impulse. This program seriously rocks! Trust me! (A very happy customer) Dave :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.