Sat, Sep 21, 7:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Help with Photo Realistic Renders

Jedi_Padawan ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 9:57 AM

Sure. That's the image with the light-reflecting-wall turned invisible:

That's it with with a visible light-reflecting-wall, but therefore the backdrop isn't visible anymore:

And here's the preview of the settings in the assembly room:

Still very low render settings, but before I continue, I'd love to figure out this light problem.

Thanks a lot for your help!

~Sassy~

GKDantas ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 2:11 PM

file_433346.jpg

I tried something like that here, and look that the way that you want to scatter the light, the background image will get washed. I think the better way is to render and add the image as a post processing in Photoshop or another 2D software...

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

GKDantas ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 2:31 PM

file_433347.jpg

Another way is inverting your spot to right light the kitchen and add a glow channel with the backdrop image.

Jedi_Padawan ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 4:48 PM

Marcelo, I intend to relay on the basics of Populus' image here:
www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php
What do you think which technique he'd used there? I was hoping for something like in the image this thread started with and which Sandy reworked. ๐Ÿ˜•

GKDantas ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 10:23 PM

I asked populus about that... lets wait for the answer.

Populus ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 11:49 PM

Hi! this image: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1643367&member
use a spotlight (with softshadows) just outside the window, directed inwards. Indirect lighting turned on and a big white wall on the opposite side of the spot (inside the room, not visible in this camera angle) for those photons to bounce from. A hdri for backdrop but not used for lighting, you can use an normal image for backdrop, work just as well. Hope this helps a little, but these kind of scenes are veeeery tricky to calibrate...took me several hours just to balance the light...

GKDantas ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2009 at 2:22 PM

Thanks Populus for the tips.

Jedi_Padawan ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2009 at 3:54 PM

Thanks a lot for your tips, Populus, I'll try that when I'm at home again.
And thanks for asking him, Marcelo!

~Sassy~

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.