Fri, Sep 20, 11:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: How do you get rid of realistic sky "floor"?

Darklorddc ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2009 at 10:09 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:28 PM

I'd like to do some realistic sky images that do not have either a ground OR that white cloud layer that persists even after you uncheck "enable ground" but I can't figure out how to do it.

Essentially, I want the sky to keep going "down" without hitting that cloud "floor."

If you're not sure what I mean, set up a pic with realistic sky and uncheck "enable ground" and you'll see that there's still, essentially, a ground.
I want empty space.
Does anyone know how to get rid of that?

bwtr ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2009 at 11:09 PM

file_433448.jpg

Use these two to lower and then tilt back inside your printing frame.

Brian

bwtr

Darklorddc ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2009 at 11:17 PM

Not sure I follow you. Could you explain a bit more indepth? 

GKDantas ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2009 at 11:34 PM

I think that Brian says to you point your camera up.

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

bwtr ( ) posted Wed, 24 June 2009 at 12:28 AM

I guess the end result is the same as Camera movement but I am suggesting a different approach.

I am saying Lower the Scene and Tilt it back with those two tools.

Brian
(Image results posted on the Daz thread)

bwtr

Plutom ( ) posted Thu, 25 June 2009 at 10:02 AM

I think that above folks have the best solution.  Unfortunately, the only way to really lower the horizon is in the sky mode (Mark, you may want to step in here if I'm full of hooey) even though both mode show the Horizon Altitude that you can plug  say -22 inches, it works in the sky mode but I can't get it to do squat in the realistic sky mode (yeah, if I lower the puppy to  -3000, I get the Earth's curvature-a nice grey curved surface-at least in Carrara 5 Pro).  Jan

50parsecs ( ) posted Thu, 25 June 2009 at 2:54 PM

file_433555.jpg

Yep, the way Brian explains it is the way i do it if i want to render just a sky background. You can get something like this, and if you adjust your production frame, you can get a sky in portrait aspect ratio.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.