Fri, Sep 20, 1:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:13 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Question about hmann's 3D Worlds Kit

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2001 at 4:37 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:32 AM

This looks like a great product and certainly a lot of time went into it. I'm just curious if anyone has an opinion on whether this product is more geared toward people who don't use VUE, Bryce or World Builder? Or does this kit offer capability that could not be replicated in these other programs? And 2nd, am I in the right forum for this question? Thanks, Doc

Magix-101 ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2001 at 7:29 PM

Hi Doc, Thanks for the question. No it's not geared to people who dont have these programs. I use Bryce myself and as you know you cant really animate a figure in it, also you cant pose a figure in it really unless you kind of set up the figures pose in Poser first then export it. So 3d Worlds Kit is made for Poser in that you can use all the power of Poser and it's characters in a real 3d environment, this is the major difference. Personally I hardly use Bryce anymore, its a fantastic app and I love it, but as I said you cant get Poser figures to run around in it, even if you could, you still have to export and goof around to get it happening, this is all right inside POser. Other differences are Bryce is a lot more powerfull because it has Terrain generators and sky generators and so on (so is Vue De Esprit) This 3d World Kit has better looking skies than Bryce though (because they are real sky maps mapped on a huge illuminated dome) and they look and respond in a very real way. The ground has subdivisions and a different type of mapping which makes it also look very real, as you can see from the images. But Bryce has material generators that tile fractal patterns over an infinite plane and this is very versatile,. but often does look very real up close. The Poser 3d Worlds relies on maps or skins (like we use on Mike and Vicky) now this is a lot less versatile but a lot more realistic if done properly. I am hoping that if it gains momentum that some of the very talented artists will do more grounds and sky textures for it, currently in the main kit there are 2 main gound themes...sandy and grassy (autumn-leafy grass also grass and asphalt path and plain grass)and ten sky themes. The potential to build on this is enormous and as I said earlier the main difference is that it is right inside POser. Hope this helps Harvey Mann

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2001 at 8:05 PM

Thanks, Harvey, that's exactly what I needed to know. As I said, it looks like you've put a LOT of work into this. I'm going to give it a try. Off to the Marketplace! :-) Doc

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 10:54 AM

I love the product because I can do animations and flythroughs in a world without leaving Poser. I can build a complete town and animate everything without worrying about dropping textures. I also own Lightwave but I will be using this product more as it is so easy to set up. I can have my character's gaze point in any direction, including up, and see the world, no breaks. Harvey has outdone himself on this one. Marque

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2001 at 8:46 PM

Just a note here: I noticed this product is on sale (20% off) at Daz3D.com. The prices here at 'rosity are the same as those at 3Dcommune. It would have been nice to know there was a 20% discount available somewhere. Or offer the same discount for everyone for the first week or two. It's not that much money, but it was a little irritating to see this at Daz this morning. Doc

Magix-101 ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 9:38 AM

Doc. Daz went ahead with this without informing me about the 20% off deal. It was a genuine mistake and misunderstanding, they thought I knew that they do this to all new items, so they didn't tell me. So I have written to both the Mailout person and the broker and said that I dont want them to go ahead with this under any circumstances, and I would rather have it pulled from Daz altogether than sell it at this price, because it makes all the previous buyers feel like they have missed out and therefore they have every right to be peeved about it. I told Daz that in my books the customer comes first (They seem like nice people and I am sure they are in agreement with this ) so now all I have to do is wait untill they are back in the store and reply to my emails. I dont know if they work on the weekends though. Bu I am sure they will do the right thing and rectify this, I should have been notified before the mailout, and now I know I have written to them immediately to stop it going ahead. Regards Harvey Mann

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 10:38 AM

Understood, Harvey. It's a great product. Although I understand Daz's effort to promote new products, they should at least ask or inform the artist first of this policy and make it very clear beforehand so you can decide what to do. BTW, it's not just in their mailout...it's in their "new release" section, so there are going to be quite a few people buying it this weekend at the reduced price. This is going to create some PR problems for you no matter which way it goes. Regardless, I'm happy with the product so keep up the good work and good luck sorting this all out. Doc

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.