Fri, Sep 20, 2:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: iron-man for M3/M4

fabriced ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2008 at 7:58 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:38 AM

hello has all:) I saw the film "Iron-man" and I liked much. I would like to know if a good modeller can manufacture us this armour for m3 or M4 thank you:) Fabrice

artposer ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2008 at 8:05 AM

I am working on one with Hexagon but it is in the begining stages

fabriced ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2008 at 8:07 AM

ah they is cool! you think that you will mettreras it on sale in the blind?

FrankT ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2008 at 8:10 AM · edited Fri, 14 November 2008 at 8:13 AM

There's  a free one in the freestuff by Zikeo For DAZ apparently but might work in Poser.  There was a poser one around too.  ArmourZ by the same guy but I can't find it at the moment.

Found it
www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/search.php

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2008 at 8:17 AM

May I suggest to look at  Armour Z by Muskateer Graphics?

Giorgio

giorgio_2004 here, ksabers on XBox Live, PSN  and everywhere else.

artposer ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2008 at 8:19 AM

Wow Cool thanks!!!!!!!!!

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2008 at 8:19 AM

(sorry, FrankT, I didn't mean to jump over you!  ^_^  )

G.

giorgio_2004 here, ksabers on XBox Live, PSN  and everywhere else.

fabriced ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2008 at 8:20 AM

yes, I go the telecharger, and I shoed tests thank you fab

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2008 at 4:55 PM · edited Fri, 14 November 2008 at 4:56 PM

file_417907.jpg

> Quote - There's  a free one in the freestuff by Zikeo For DAZ apparently but might work in Poser.  There was a poser one around too.  ArmourZ by the same guy but I can't find it at the moment. > > Found it > [www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/search.php](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/search.php?section_id=-1&query=Armour+Z&sort=relevancy&use_age=no&older_age=&older_units=day&newer_age=&newer_units=day&username=)

The poser version is at your link you provided

Its a nice  freebie big thanks to the artisits involved
Here I haver endered it in Maxon Cinema4D using interposer pro

My website

YouTube Channel

fabriced ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2008 at 2:58 AM

yes , is very nice armor!

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 10:14 AM

Quote - May I suggest to look at  Armour Z by Muskateer Graphics?

Giorgio

the site doesnt work anymore. does anyone have Armour Z on hes computer? if you have can you send me ?

thanks.

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 1:17 PM · edited Tue, 30 June 2009 at 1:22 PM

Not unless the readme allows redistribution.  I'll have a dig around and see if I can find a readme for it.
[edit] Just checked the readme and it doesn't say you can redistribute it so it looks like you are out of luck

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 1:33 PM · edited Tue, 30 June 2009 at 1:33 PM

but it was free

Markus_2000 ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 1:35 PM

The readme doesn't have to allow redistribution.
It has to prohibit it to prevent it.

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 1:52 PM

nope - if you don't have explicit permission to redistribute it then you can't

@ ice-boy - so ? it's still not legal to redistribute even if it's free

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

chriscox ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 1:52 PM · edited Tue, 30 June 2009 at 1:53 PM

Quote - The readme doesn't have to allow redistribution.
It has to prohibit it to prevent it.

I thought it was the other way around. 
Unless the author of a copyrighted work grants you the right to distribute that work then you can't. 

x-posted with FrankT

Chris Cox

Markus_2000 ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 2:27 PM

Distribution:

The distribution right grants to the copyright holder the exclusive right to make a work available to the public by sale, rental, lease, or lending. This right allows the copyright holder to prevent the distribution of unauthorized copies of a work. In addition, the right allows the copyright holder to control the first distribution of a particular authorized copy. However, the distribution right is limited by the "first sale doctrine", which states that after the first sale or distribution of a copy, the copyright holder can no longer control what happens to that copy. Thus, after a book has been purchased at a book store (the first sale of a copy), the copyright holder has no say over how that copy is further distributed. Thus, the book could be rented or resold without the permission of the copyright holder.

Congress has enacted several limitations to the first sale doctrine, including a prohibition on the rental of software and phonorecords.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 2:50 PM · edited Tue, 30 June 2009 at 2:51 PM

I think the key phrase in that law is: the copyright holder can no longer control what happens to that copy.

In other words, they have no control over that one copy. You can do what ever you want to it except redistribute it or you run into conflict with the copyright laws. So no, you need express permission to redistribute a copy, not the other way around.

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 2:51 PM

Firstly, anything congress may or may not enact has no bearing on me as I'm not from the US or resident there.

Second, I'm not sure that applies - check in the copyright forum.

Third, I'm still not going to release it as I don't have permission to do so

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 2:53 PM

well can we send it through email's ?

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 2:53 PM

which part of
" I don't have permission to redistribute it" did you miss ?

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Markus_2000 ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 2:54 PM

No problem.
I wasn't trying to pressure you into sharing it.
I apologize if that's the way it seemed.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 2:54 PM

Ice... bit of advice. stop now before a mod locks you down for warez'ing.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 2:55 PM

Actually, it does, as most countries have international agreements with each other involving copyright laws and patents. Most definitely England and the US do.

But you have the right interpretation of the law.

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 2:56 PM

Quote - No problem.
I wasn't trying to pressure you into sharing it.
I apologize if that's the way it seemed.

No worries :biggrin:

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 2:57 PM

try www.animotions.com , they hav a lot of comic stuff

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 2:57 PM

Quote -  Actually, it does, as most countries have international agreements with each other involving copyright laws and patents. Most definitely England and the US do.

But you have the right interpretation of the law.

good point however I dunno if Congress fiddling with something would affect me unless the UK ratifies it

ps I'm not a landshark, nor do I play one on TV

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 30 June 2009 at 2:57 PM

jonnywhoa ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2009 at 3:50 PM · edited Tue, 24 November 2009 at 3:54 PM

Go here  http://www.muskateergraphics.com/muskateerzikeo.htm and it also states on his site Please do not re-distribute any of these files, in whole or in part.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.