Mon, Sep 9, 3:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Harmless Fun ( hopefully)

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 9:18 PM

"I am living my life Vicariously through Posette and i freely admit it I would NEVER !!decieve my self and others buy calling it a "Hobby" thats why i slam daz's victoria at every opportunity because she is getting all the attention I DESERVE!!!"

My website

YouTube Channel

RadArt ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 9:20 PM

Doesn't anyone ever do young women around here?? What's with all the old people?? And while we're at it, why do folks insist on only rendering women that look chunky and round. And bow legged women aren't really that popular are they?? Seems to be too many bow legged and nobby knee'd and flat chested or saggy women around, get real! I really wish folks would render and create younger looking models cause they all look too old, way too old, and they have no shape, flat chested and no hips! Get real, make some young pretty ones too huh? And the men, what weaklings, short members, like, what is this? Don't ya know all men have big muscles and long...um...well, they are all built like crazy yano! Why do folks insist on rendering men with love handles and fat swollen bellies, how droll! Lets have some real physic, show em for real! And short men are out, they all need to be much taller too! Lets have em all more true to life okay?

veamon ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 9:29 PM

how do you make a figure stand in front of a background thats been imported and keep it from casting shadows?

Poppi ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 9:31 PM

Yes, Peter...I agree. This is so very sad. However, if you can hang on just a bit, for the grand opening of Poppi's One Stop, Beer and Pop Shop...open all nite, btw...you will find some wonderful "macho" men. Please, don't be discouraged, by the swollen belly guys lined up at the bar. I don't know who made them.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 9:35 PM

"Any one got some good elf ear morphs that i can apply to this prepubescent nude girl render to lend credibility to my bogus cover story that she is really 900 years old like Yoda???"

My website

YouTube Channel

RadArt ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 9:42 PM

Why do folks render so many older chicks and then try to tell us they are under 18, like, are they trying real hard to get us all in trouble here or what?? Just once I would like to see someone tell us she's really 18 or more, they don't look young enough to be any less!

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 9:49 PM

Is there any way to make my Vicki 2 CR2 files larger? My hard drive has way too much space left on it, and I'm starting to feel guilty about it.

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 9:51 PM

Fun thread. :) Out of all though, I'd say the award should go to JKeller for the eyebrows-as-bricks comment. But they're ALL good. :)

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 9:51 PM

"I Am sooooooo glad metacreations NEVER bothered with that poser animation to Bryce nonsense!! back when they owned both programs i mean having third party cottage industrialists with questionable support and uncertain futures do it is definately the way to go" BTW how about some more PC versions of the poser collateral not everyone is a Mac user!!"

My website

YouTube Channel

RadArt ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 9:53 PM

I rendered a real nice piece of hair for the poser female and it looked so real, more real than any ever, but no one even cared, all they cared about was the rest of my art. No one even noticed the hair, it's like it was just a part of the picture! What gives?? They weren't supposed to see my art, I was really trying to display my hair, but everyone just ignored that like no one cared and all they commented on was how much they liked the rest of my picture, how sad.

Poppi ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 9:53 PM

oops...been in that trouble....i will promise to stop rendering those older gals...please, please, please...don't take my computer away. i done bad. A grandmother, or, more likely, a great grandmother, doing a pole dance on Ashland...back there when i lived in chicago, for a few years. Mister Cybercop...have mercy on me!!!

RadArt ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 9:56 PM

I wish more folks on these forums would complain about stuff and get nasty, everyone here is way too friendly. No one ever has a chip on their shoulders and is way too nice. Not only that, the honesty factor on some forums is just too much, everyone is just perfect, no one ever lies or cheats or even tries to cut the other guy short, and what a pathetic paradise these places are sometimes. No one swears, no one thinks about themselves first, everyone gives each other inspirations and really cares about what others accomplish, man, these places rock, you'd think we were in heaven. I seen church goers sin more in church! This place is full of halo's and sincerity its just so angelic and wonderful and there's never any trolls here! I can spend a whole day here and be covered in kisses and roses and sweet smelling poses. Why can't someone, anyone tell me where to go, give me some flack, tell me I stink, or my work sucks, heck, I'd give anything if someone, anyone would just be nasty and cruel enough to throw some real lowdown sarcastic remark my way!

smerc ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 10:00 PM

What is Renderotica?

RadArt ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 10:33 PM

Yano, I am just amazed, the other day I rendered for hours on end doing postwork to make my art stylish and appealing and unique, wasn't easy, but it was well worth it cause of all the yahoo's I got, and I even told folks I did postwork too, and they still went nuts over it!

Photopium ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 10:58 PM

Hey, go check out DAZ's great new model that comes complete with a hair prop and a hires tex map! *** I really enjoy the crisp, vibrant colors that come from a Bryce render. Bryce has an intuitive interface and it's so easy to export your booleans! *** William the Bloody is Right! *** (That's all I got) -WTB

neurocyber ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 11:11 PM

Isn't it wonderful the way Poser figures import perfectly into Bryce with all textures and transmaps intact the way you set them up in Poser.

RadArt ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 11:13 PM

Wow, isn't that marvelous, the top twenty poser just keeps getting better and better, why just the other day I saw an actual animal rendering make top billing and it's still there, and second was the wonderful rendering of a scenic landscape all done so beautifully, and I must say, almost every picture was outstanding on the top twenty, and I am surprised that there's hardly even any nudity in the top twenty, guess that's really not important though since folks do come here to look at art....sweet ;-)

RadArt ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 11:17 PM

Wow, well, would ya look at that, someone did a real wonderful naked chick in poser, looks really, really nice, very well done, and I am so happy everyone appreciates the values of such a beautiful normal work of art cause no one complained and no one made it sound like it was gross cause it wasn't, it was just a nice piece of beautiful art, and everyone knew that and liked it...sweet ;-)

neurocyber ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 11:18 PM

Realy old naked ladies are the best. We should have a old and saggy pin up contest.

Darth_Wookie ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 11:20 PM

You people had better stop selling Michael clothes, and pay attention to Vicky! The holes that were created in some of my figures after getting the Pro Pack, really are a wonderful asset to all my models, Thanks Curious Labs! The smile morphs on all the poser figures look so realistic! The eyes on my High Res Victoria 2 Texture Maps look too realistic, is there any way I can remove some of that detail? I can make some many completely different faces with Michael! After a few turns of the dials, you dont even recognie him! Vicky 2 doesnt have enough morphs! Poser's Rendering engine is spectacular! I import all my lightwave models into there to render them because the final images come out spectacular! Does Vicky 2 have breast morphs? Is there a way I can bring my character to life after I make it? I often mistake the poser dork for a real person

Lost Johnny ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 11:26 PM

I really love the Poser books, The ones with CD's and big promises, one problem. I despeatey want to make freakish chaacters with lobster claws and big heads, I want to morph them into wolfman type biengs, if only one of these brilliant authors would take up huge amounts of the books space, whole chapters, telling me how to do this. Oh the humanity!!

Lost Johnny ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 11:35 PM

Oh yes and another thing......could we please, please have more downloads for Poser Pro pack. ones that take at least an hour and then get shut off, and could they possibly give us more patches to incredibly expensive software, Like say Lightwave or Studio Max, I know all Poser owners must have both of those (and Maya too). Please don't include patches to say Bryce or Cinema 4D. Thank you in advance for your time.

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 11:50 PM

I am so glad that all I have to do to completely screw up my Poser 4 interface is to open someone else's PZ3 file in it. I didn't like having a 1000x1000 pixel document display window anyway, and I faarr prefer 320x417 pixels with that bright purple background and all the green spotlights.

RadArt ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2001 at 11:59 PM

I really enjoy looking at my blank screen for twenty odd minutes when someone names a texture wrong or doesn't include it and I don't know and then click on the icon. Wow, sometimes I read a book, go eat, go to the bathroom, if it were not for this I would be rendering. And I really like it a lot when I finally think everything is set up, the setting, the lights, the figure looks perfect, then I hit render with shadows on and it takes a while, but it's worth the wait cause when it's done I get to see what I didn't want it to look like at all and I get to go from there.

JimX ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 12:03 AM

Vicki has such beautiful legs, right out of the box!

JimX ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 12:05 AM

Wolf359, You've really got us going here! Great inspiration! - JimX

duanemoody ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 12:06 AM

I'm so opposed to the forthcoming merger of Renderosity, Renderotica, 3DCommune and PoserForum. There's been too much of this namby-pamby goodwill ever since Homestead upped everyone's traffic quota to 50G daily, and I for one won't stand for it.

RadArt ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 12:08 AM

Wow, we really need more thin lips in the poser gallery, so few poser gals have thin lips that get even thinner when folks overuse the O dial cause so few posettes ever look shocked with their mouth wide open. I like some of the close ups of females, some even go back to nostalgia and add thick, gooey, fake eyelashes just like women used to wear once, kinda cool. I am amazed, I always wondered what it be like if women were upside down and their hair didn't hang but managed to stay in place somehow, that's so awsome!

duanemoody ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 12:16 AM

im sooo happy wiht Amorphium, ive uploaded all sixtyfive realistic models of rotting fruiot ive built. tommorrrow ill upload my new characters all of who are severe burn victimms.

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 12:18 AM

I can't tell you how thrilled I was to find out that Meta C included the full version of Painter 3D with the poser 4 CD's, FOR FREE! Painter 3D is one awesom program which I could not EVER live without, and the documentation is beyond reproach. Has someone yet written to CL about sharing their version of Poser's 3DS export with the makers of Max? Because, Poser's 3DS export is simply awesome, specially in how the textures and transparencies flawlessly carry over to other programs.

RadArt ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 12:20 AM

I am sincerely amazed how many folks using poser only watched one Disney film in there lives, "Peter Pan", I guess maybe they didn't know about "Sleeping Beauty" or "Cinderella" and many others, either that or they are very devoted to "Peter Pan" for the icon it gave them in the form of "Tinkerbell" as the "true fairy", non of the others would really fall in place nor have that same appeal, can you imagine rendering Cinderella's Fairy Godmother, oh the hits would be incredible!

duanemoody ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 12:21 AM

We really need to support the 3l33t w8rez k1dd132 more here, for keeping the price of Poser high enough to make the rest of the 3D art community take it seriously.

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 12:23 AM

Today, Curious Labs, makers and distributors of Poser, announced that in an effort to finally defeat Poser software piracy, all future versions of Poser as well as the award-winning Poser Pro Pack, will be free. This special, and thoroughly unprecedented price will also include FedEx overnight shipping.

duanemoody ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 12:36 AM

helo I have lots of time to spare and several years experience in rendering and would like to make an ongoing epic comic and/or movie but have no imagination. do you have a shred of an idea and need someone else to flesh it out and do all the work? I have no interest in monetary gain or even credit. PLEASE HELP!!!

ockham ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 12:49 AM

My favorite fantasies involve ice skating, slipping and skidding on snowy landscapes, but I can't figure out any way to make Poser characters glide smoothly in various directions when attempting to walk or dance. Every step maintains perfect traction, as if they were wearing cleated boots.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

RadArt ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 1:14 AM

Incredible! Two renderings posted side by side, almost identical, both with the same calibre of craftsmanship and quality, barely any differnce whatsoever, and both have comments enabled, except for one subtle difference, the username, there was actually a different artist for these yet they are both superb! But there is another difference as well, the comments, one has 45 comments under it, the other none whatsoever, and that's kinda weird and also cruel, cause you'd think folks would realize how much the one that got all those 45 comments will feel uninspired by this and probably even very hurt, cause now everyone will know which one left everyone speechless and lost for words!

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 1:17 AM

I'm trying to achieve a sloppy, derelict sort of look for Dork, but the clothing simply conforms entirely too well. Can someone please tell me how to get it where the pants and shirt look ripped, where his skin will show through?

ockham ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 1:26 AM

I'm trying to create a ghostly ectoplasmic horror fantasy piece in which people can walk through walls, punch a fist all the way through another character's head, and contort into excruciatingly twisted positions with overlapping limbs and inside-out body parts protruding 18 feet out into space like a nightmarish Klein Bottle Universe as imagined by Salvador Dali on LSD. Poser won't let me do any of this! It insists on maintaining ordinary 3-dimensional space. What good is it?

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

RadArt ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 1:29 AM

I am so amazed that I finally got poser 4. I can't believe it, shortly after I posted my new work I done in poser on the web and sent it out all over, I now have tons and tons of studios and publishers breaking down my door, and the other day even Hollywood called, they are so in awe!!! I am so happy that they realize how good I am, and also that they can see what I am able to do with such a low end graphics program, and they are so happy about all the money I am gonna save them cause now they don't have to spend oodles and oodles more on some big shots that need Maya or better to do the same thing I can do with poser...oh. I am happy, happy, happy that I live in such a smart world that thinks about the actual art rather than worrying what program I used and whether its stuffy enough to fit in or be recognized. Yes, I am gonna blow all those clowns that think they are hot stuff away by showing them I can do what they do with my little program.....

visualkinetics ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 1:52 AM

I wish I could see some more posts asking about Vicki's or Posette's eyebrows. I miss them.

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 3:29 AM

How do I get Michael's eyes to come in cross-eyed? Liz Pope Dreamspinner Inc.

mi-scha ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 5:04 AM

I love Poser. I have this ... thing for bald chicks.

MoonShade ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 5:16 AM

Wow! I just bought Vicki 2 I the high res tex. I'll never have to use the smudge tool on the elbows & knees again!!

Eowyn ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 5:18 AM

Why doesn't anyone put any Vicki characters and textures in the store???

mi-scha ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 5:29 AM

There should be more models and props in the marketplace. I've have money to burn, but I got everything there is already.

duanemoody ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 5:54 AM

We need a 2 hour online chat with the developers of logo T-shirt texmaps and the complex techniques and software they use. Guys like Anton, Kozaburo, Robert Whisenant and Traveler should remember who the real creative giants are here. God, the hundreds of questions I have... I hear DAZ is going to release a CD of logo T-shirt textures in the fall for only $99. Crossing my fingers and watching my calendar...

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 6:15 AM

I think the Zygote Bass texture is the most amazingly realistic piece of work they have to date. And that free fudge sundae and steak model they gave way looked good enough to eat.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 7:00 AM

"I am deleting ALL of my default Poser Characters and buying directly from the zygote website at $125 each!!!"

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 7:17 AM

"Curious labs was right !! with all of those warez copies copies of the ProPac floating around we are now completely OVERWHELMED with new characters from the setup room and tons of easily written Python scripts that give poser the versatility of MAYA" ***** "Daz's Prices should be Raised that way they can afford to provide more awesome free models like books and DUMPSTERS!!" *** I really hate those clever Warez freaks they always figure out a way to rip off other people property BTW is there a python script that will enable me to distribute the CR2 for vicky 2???"

My website

YouTube Channel

ScottA ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 7:28 AM

"I wish more people would cause trouble here. I love to ban people" ScottA

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.