Thu, Oct 3, 1:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Show us your early renders - P1, P2, P3.

ecccoman ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 7:48 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 1:25 AM

Some of us are relatively new to Poser.  I only 'go back' to Poser 7.  You old timers like to talk about the early days of 3D.  Show us some renders.

Would like to see some examples of state-of-art renders back in the Poser 1, 2, 3 days.

Porthos ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 8:25 AM · edited Tue, 28 July 2009 at 8:26 AM

I started off with Poser 4. Link to my 1st image @ Rendo using Vicky 2 in 2002! :)

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=247659

I was proud of it then! O.o

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 8:45 AM

Ah, I wish I still had one... The first thing I ever did in Poser was an animation, in Poser 2. I took the default male character, and applied every pose in the library to him, in alphabetical order, at one change per second. It made a really bizarre, zero-gravity kind of dance that was kind of pretty, except for the parts where his legs passed cleanly through his abdomen...

Next thing I tried was to make a policeman walking through the park, in support of another animation I wanted to make with my son. Lacking the proper clothing or props, I set about trying to paint something on his texture map, but without adequate tools or any real understanding of what I was doing. This caused me to shelve Poser until I learned the other stuff, like modeling, UV mapping, texture painting, layered images, lighting, rigging-- oh, wait, I'm still learning all those things.

:biggrin:

Paul Francis ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 3:03 PM

Attached Link: Mekanik

This is dated June 4th, 2000....the render is in Bryce, but the figures were produced in Poser 2 or 3? So long ago, I can't remember! 

The text includes "I just bought a 256 Meg PC, and went mad with Poser and one of my old Bryce works! Now I'm poor but happy;"

What the hell a "256 Meg PC" was, I have no idea......maybe processor speed?  

If you look closely at the adverts for Epic Trading Card Games new "Time Wars" set, you'll see this picture lurking.......!

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

ziggie ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 6:17 PM

Quote - The text includes "I just bought a 256 Meg PC, and went mad with Poser and one of my old Bryce works! Now I'm poor but happy;"

What the hell a "256 Meg PC" was, I have no idea......maybe processor speed?  

Considering the dates involved he had prolly bought the latest sooper PC available with a Massive 256 MB of RAM. The RAM alone prolly cost $300.

sniggers

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 6:23 PM

I still have a few, I will post it tomorrow....yikes they really are not so good though...and yes, this is from an old timer.  Sharen :-)

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 11:05 PM

I got Poser III off a magazine back in the day. Did maybe 2 renders...all my earliest stuff was in the (more expensive) Poser IV...;) Not much has changed...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

KimberlyC ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2009 at 11:37 PM

Very cool.. I'm interested in seeing these! I started with poser 4

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 4:28 AM · edited Wed, 29 July 2009 at 4:31 AM

file_435493.jpg

Poser 2.  Pentium 100MHz 16MB RAM Windows 95.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

odf ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 8:26 AM · edited Wed, 29 July 2009 at 8:37 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_435523.jpg

This is my first, from late 2000 or early 2001 (not quite sure which). Poser 4 on Window 95 running under VMware on a Linux box (I think).

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

bethc1952 ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 10:10 AM

file_435533.jpg

Here's the first "serious" Poser render that I still have, done when I first got Poser 5.  The model is Judy (I think, it was a LOOOOONG time ago), and it's still one of my favorites.  I started with Poser 3 and then moved up to 4, but I didn't do anything "artistic", just stuff for posters and signs for work.

Beth

One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation.  Right at the start of everything that's new, one little spark lights up for you!

slinger ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 11:06 AM

I started on P4 too so here's a couple of mine from 8 years ago, almost to the day.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=74234

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=71557

As you can see, I haven't improved. ~lol~

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 2:05 PM · edited Wed, 29 July 2009 at 2:12 PM

file_435563.jpg

I think this is my first P3 render. Portrait of a friend. Post work. Check how the shadow doesn't line up between ground and wall. She is actually completely flat-chested though twenty-three at the time c.1999 but I didn't want to get in trouble over that - it was deleted from the galleries back then which is why I haven't much posted in the last ten years. Plant was a freebie and chair is primitives. Didn't buy any Poser content until upgraded to Poser 6 and Victoria 3 many many years latter. There was so much great freestuff and figure hacks back then. BTW had a 640x420 monitor then.

Latexluv ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 4:26 PM

Attached Link: Last Image in my Gallery Under the Name Dreamspinner

Well, looking back into my gallery, I see that the first few images I posted seem to have gone 'poof'. So here's a link to what I believe was originally my third posted image. Poser 4 girl imported into Bryce, textured there and rendered.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

efstarlet ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 6:20 PM

Attached Link: Official Poser Facebook Page

I think this falls outside commercial.  (Jen, etc, if not, bop me on the head, I'm sorry!) 

Smith Micro is looking for you to submit your old Classic Poser renders to the Facebook page so we can all look back while we count down to Poser 8 -

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Poser-3D-Figure-Design/106113697478

Please add the page and submit your images there too!  We'd love to see them!  I got some Poser 3 ones up there today, so it was neat to see this thread at the same time. 

Are you a Poser fan?  Show us on Facebook!

MungoPark ( ) posted Thu, 30 July 2009 at 12:40 AM

My first post in Poser 4 - six years ago :

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=286880

These days we simulated a lighting environment with tons of  lights - the light sphere looked like a hedgehog

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 30 July 2009 at 3:55 AM

First poser 4, I was so proud of this one too.  Sharen

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=315776

replicand ( ) posted Thu, 30 July 2009 at 10:50 PM

file_435737.jpg

Cover art for an album which has yet to materialize. Poser 3 + Bryce 3 circa 1999.

I had no idea what I was doing at the time but the figures are billboards and a mirror on the back wall makes the room look deeper than it really is. Mildly sophisticated for me (at the time), totally flying by the seat of my pants.

MungoPark ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2009 at 2:07 AM · edited Fri, 31 July 2009 at 2:22 AM

file_435743.gif

Found this - it dates back to  10/29/98

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2009 at 5:39 AM

file_435747.jpg

I remember when I first started I was so interested in texturing, thought it was the coolest. This is one of my first:  Poser 4. Sharen

kayjay97 ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2009 at 6:59 AM

file_435755.jpg

I started out in P4 also. WOW, I didn't realize I have been uploading pics since 2001

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

brynna ( ) posted Sun, 02 August 2009 at 3:20 AM · edited Sun, 02 August 2009 at 3:26 AM

Most of my really early renders with P3/P4 were, uhm, well ... x-rated... mumble mumble :blushing:

So I bring you one about the time I got into P4 Pro Pack. Was experimenting with famous faces back then. Come to think of it I'm still doing a lot of that. Michael 2, who still, of all the Michaels, has the best face for morphing rugged men. IMHO, at least. 🆒

Late 2001, early 2002, maybe? When did Poser Pro Pack come out, anyway?

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 9:30 AM · edited Thu, 13 August 2009 at 9:32 AM

file_436824.jpg

P4.  lol.  I can't find this hair again.  long curly, I think.  Or stretched short curly.

march 6, 2004

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 9:31 AM

file_436825.jpg

One of the P4 character women.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Thor ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 12:24 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, violence

"LSD Rain"
Poser2 Bryce2 1997

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 12:37 PM

Ummm... my dog ate my Power Mac that I had Poser 2 on, but I still have the disk and manual. :biggrin:

brynna ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 2:25 AM

file_436890.jpg

Okay, I just checked in on this thread - and my early render is missing from the note! Yeesh!

Let me try again - early Render from when Poser Pro Pack was on my hard drive.

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.