Fri, Sep 20, 8:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Conforming clothing in Daz from Poser question

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Thu, 30 July 2009 at 2:18 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:31 AM

Hello,
I've made one set of clothing in the past for poser that conforms to the character. i brought it into daz and everything is great.

I've now made a new set of clothing in poser the same way (from maya) and now when I bring it into Daz there is no fit option. i am a total newbie when it comes to daz but i don't know what has happened for there not to be the option in this piece of clothing.

What do I have to do in order for the fit or fit to option to appear in Daz?

My Store   My Gallery    Contact

Dialer ( ) posted Thu, 30 July 2009 at 3:00 PM

Click on it in the Scene tab, then you'll find Fit To under Misc. in the Parameters tab. But, there's no Fit To option if you've parented the item to something else. HTH.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Thu, 30 July 2009 at 3:27 PM

its not parented to anything. I see now that you can right click on the clothing and select fit to and have it conform like poser. It works for now but what i really need to know is why it doesnt show up as a default option from the get go.

my other piece that i constructed did.  Do i fit to using the right click and then save it back to the library? will that cause any issue when i go back to poser?

Any help would be great

its not currently parented to anything

Dialer ( ) posted Thu, 30 July 2009 at 5:16 PM · edited Thu, 30 July 2009 at 5:17 PM

Sorry, but I'm really not experienced enough to answer all these questions. And I don't have Poser, so I can't say anything beyond what I've answered below. Perhaps someone more experienced will come by with more info for you.

Quote - but what i really need to know is why it doesnt show up as a default option from the get go.

Let's say you want a dress to fit to V4. You have to have her selected before you load the dress. What I don't know is whether you need to have saved the original dress mesh with smart propping - or how to do it if that's the case.

Wish I could have been more help. I probably should just not have answered at all. slaps self upside the head

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2009 at 10:03 AM

Any figure should have a fit to option, even if it's the only thing in the scene or isn't meant to conform. If the option was missing them it's a bug, you had the wrong thing selected, or you didn't import the figure but a static prop. Unfortunately we don't have enough information to guess which it is.

lisarichie ( ) posted Sat, 01 August 2009 at 6:09 AM

Open the CR2 in a text editor like Notepad++ that doesn't screw up the file formatting.

Use the find function to locate the "conforming 0" line.

Change that to "conforming 1"

Save the file.

Open DAZ Studio load the figure and with it selected load the clothing using the revised clothing CR2.

Should be sorted out.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 01 August 2009 at 9:19 AM

That makes the figure auto-conform, but as I said the Fit to option should be available for any figure - and i gather from the original post that it wasn't. I don't know if you can get a cr2 to load without having the fit to button available, barring bugs.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sat, 01 August 2009 at 11:05 AM

I'm going to try the

"Use the  find function to locate the "conforming 0" line.

Change that to "conforming 1" that lisarichie mentioned and get back to ya.
**RH you are right from what you gather, there was no "fit to" for the original figures clothing from the start but it still works when you right click. 

lisarichie ( ) posted Sat, 01 August 2009 at 12:16 PM

Right, but changing to auto conforming should load the item for use until the reason for the missing "fit to" can be tracked down.

Phionix, is this item something you can distribute for testing on a different system?

If so pack it up and send me a Site mail me a DL link. I'll take a quick run through to see if the error replicates here. Doing this will help determine if the problem is the with CR2 or the D|S install on your machine.

If you can't distribute the item then just send me the CR2 and I'll take a look at it.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sat, 01 August 2009 at 5:31 PM

I can't distribute (for a private buyer) but I'll email you the cr2. I really appreciate it cause I am a noobie in daz :(

lisarichie ( ) posted Sun, 02 August 2009 at 6:57 AM

E-mail received, files tested, reply sent.😄

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.