Sat, Oct 5, 8:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Poser 8... First Impressions

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 5:38 PM

Right - I tried changing their size on mouse over - the tree control lost its marbles.

Heheh. I've written this like 6 times already today.

Small = 24 pixels
Medium = 91 pixels (original Poser thumbnail size)
Large = 200 pixels

We decided, for various reasons beyond just Poser 8, to build the library GUI in Flex.

It turns out that the design teams vision of how this control should work was beyond the capabilities of the Adobe tree control. I managed to make a lot of things work, but mouse-over sizing was too much. As well, having 3 different sizes of icons seems too much.

People seem to want item icons, even unselected, to be medium 91 pixels like old Poser. I can do that, but only if we give up the big icon for the selected item. 

SM will have to decide how they want to handle it. The small/big icon system was very popular with the design team. Perhaps they will go away from that and go with small-medium, because small/medium/large is very difficult to get working.

I don't think they expected the reaction to small/big to be so negative. For me, the small/big is great, because I want lots of items in the list, not 5 or 6 like old Poser, and despite being 49 years old, I wear reading glasses so have no trouble seeing them.

Apparently people would rather see 5 items than 25. OK. We'll fix it.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 5:42 PM

file_436130.png

> Quote - > Quote - To remove a library, select it, next to "Show Library". A remove button will appear. > > > Yes, that's what I expected (I'm of those 1% who RTFM!) - but it doesn't show. No folder - button, just the folder + one...

Can you show me a screen shot, with you having selected an external runtime, like this one?

I want to make sure we're talking about exactly the same thing. Here I selected my Baggins runtime. I can remove it.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Jcleaver ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 5:47 PM

Quote - > Quote - To remove a library, select it, next to "Show Library". A remove button will appear.

Yes, that's what I expected (I'm of those 1% who RTFM!) - but it doesn't show. No folder - button, just the folder + one...

I had thought that also, but I figured it out. 

On the drop-down arrow next to 'Show Library' choose the runtime you want to delete.  Make sure it now says the runtime you want to delete, and not 'All'  You should now see a button just to the right to delete the library.  You don't select it in the larger pane, just in the drop-down menu.  Hope this is clear.  i sometimes word things muddily.

rty ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 5:56 PM

Quote - Right - I tried changing their size on mouse over - the tree control lost its marbles.

I see. I hope Adobe paid SM a nice packet of money for using that control...  :-/

Quote - Heheh. I've written this like 6 times already today.

Guess so, and I fear you're not done yet... You should create a new topic on the library starting with this FAQ information.

Quote - Small = 24 pixels
Medium = 91 pixels (original Poser thumbnail size)
Large = 200 pixels

Well, I'm on 1920x1200 and 24 pixels are really small...  :-(

Quote - People seem to want item icons, even unselected, to be medium 91 pixels like old Poser. I can do that, but only if we give up the big icon for the selected item.

Would work for me too. Anything, as long as I'm not forced to click on each icon to find the right one...
Hoping they will update that control one day.

Quote - The small/big icon system was very popular with the design team.

As long as the design team pays SM's bills, they can do as they want...

Quote - For me, the small/big is great, because I want lots of items in the list, not 5 or 6 like old Poser, and despite being 49 years old, I wear reading glasses so have no trouble seeing them.

The general idea is good, don't get me wrong, but too small is too small. I'm only 47, but I see thumbnails which are smaller than my little finger's nail... I sure wish I could, but I can't.
Outside of the thumbnail problem, I love the new library. Fast, efficient, streamlined.

rty ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:01 PM

file_436132.jpg

> Quote - Can you show me a screen shot, with you having selected an external runtime, like this one? > > I want to make sure we're talking about exactly the same thing. Here I selected my Baggins runtime. I can remove it.

Here you go.

IsaoShi ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:02 PM · edited Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:07 PM

Quote - Apparently people would rather see 5 items than 25. OK. We'll fix it.

Please keep in mind that this is "some people", not "all people". As far as I am concerned, showing fewer items would be a backward step.

I do appreciate that it needs to be made more accessible for some.

But please allow us the option to keep the current version if we prefer it. From what you say, it is easy to plug in a different version.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

rty ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:06 PM

Quote - I had thought that also, but I figured it out. 

On the drop-down arrow next to 'Show Library' choose the runtime you want to delete.  Make sure it now says the runtime you want to delete, and not 'All'  You should now see a button just to the right to delete the library.  You don't select it in the larger pane, just in the drop-down menu.  Hope this is clear.  i sometimes word things muddily.

Oh - thanks! That did it.
That part is not very clear, indeed. Selected the P7 library (what's wrong with "runtime", BTW?), and the missing folder - icon appeared. Problem solved.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:22 PM · edited Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:22 PM

Quote - > Quote - I had thought that also, but I figured it out. 

Oh - thanks! That did it.
That part is not very clear, indeed. Selected the P7 library (what's wrong with "runtime", BTW?), and the missing folder - icon appeared. Problem solved.

How come when I said "next to 'Show Library"" it wasn't clear - I even showed a picture. LOL

As to what's wrong with "runtime", have a look here:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3493601&ebot_calc_page#message_3493601

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:24 PM

Quote - These things are actually figures, not props. This is a bit of lore than must be unlearned.
See, it has always been confusing to beginners.
Beginner: I'm looking for the hair. Why can't I find it?
Expert Poser User 240 years experience: Look in Figures.
Beginner: What?
So they put a lot of figures in Props and Hair. They need to be conformed. They are not smart props.

The only problem with saying it needs to be unlearned is that it's still about 50/50 prop hair to conforming hair. That, and most vendors still put clothing in the figures section and not the prop's section which E Frontier did starting with Poser 6 just to confuse us because clothing really is a figure unless it's dynamic!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:24 PM · edited Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:25 PM

Quote - > Quote -  No, seriously. Who rigged Alyson's arms? They stink.

They don't bend at the elbows as they should, and if you twist them, the mesh breaks midway between the elbow and shoulder.

Please tell SM, please. They didn't believe me when I said the same.

Oh wait. I have no comment. ;-)

I'm probably daft but I can't see the issue. IMO her arms bend and twists as expected. What's wrong? Or am I loading the wrong Alyson?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:28 PM

Quote - Apparently people would rather see 5 items than 25. OK. We'll fix it.

Not everyone! I hope there's a poll before abandoning it!

rty ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:34 PM

Quote - How come when I said "next to 'Show Library"" it wasn't clear - I even showed a picture. LOL

Because we have still to get used to that GUI - Don't forget you spent some days and nights on it, but for us it's still uncharted territory... :-D

Quote - As to what's wrong with "runtime", have a look here:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3493601&ebot_calc_page#message_3493601

Had, and even commented.
I'm catching up, slowly. But, so much to read, so little time...

Anyway, besides those small cosmetic problems, great work on P8 everyone. I'd note it "exceeds expectations" (and you know I'm not the fanboi type...).

rty ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:36 PM

Quote - Not everyone! I hope there's a poll before abandoning it!

Well, if it's an option everybody is happy, no?

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:38 PM

Semidieu has some simple 'no comment' walkthroughs here:

http://shaderworks.rois-sorciers.com/tutorials/P8_firststart/

Poser 8 - Dependant Parameters first approach

http://shaderworks.rois-sorciers.com/tutorials/P8_dependant/

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:39 PM

Quote -
I'm probably daft but I can't see the issue. IMO her arms bend and twists as expected. What's wrong? Or am I loading the wrong Alyson?

Did you Apply The Deformers to Alyson?

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:41 PM

Clearly it should be an option. I have other options I'm thinking about.

For example, show folders and items, folder only, or items only.

Show items and folders in separate panes, like Windows Explorer or Picasa. This one would be good if you have a second monitor and can make the Library window really big.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:48 PM

Someone had asked about P8 Content.

Not every pose etc, but a farely extensive list here:

Mannequins
Andrea
Andy

Skeletons
Alyson Conforming Skeleton
Alyson Skeleton
Female Skeleton

Ryan Conforming Skeleton
Ryan Skeleton
Male Skeleton

Animals
Poser8 Dog

Hair
4 Alyson hairs
4 Ryan Hairs
Legacy Hair fits for P8
James Hair
Jessi Hair
Simon G2 Hair
Sydney G2 Hair
Koz Hair

DevilDog Studios
Creech

Meshbox
Raleigh Tavern & some furniture
Steampunk Zepplin & Table and chair

Pixelwarrior
Mecha Robot

Biohazard
Cryo Unit
Le Corbusier's LC2
Swords

DarkEdgeDesigns
Alyson SF Clothes
Ryan SF Clothes

Dimension2D
New Primitive Props

Esha
Medieval clothes for Ryan

Karanta
Alyson Summer Dress

Letterworks
Racie Car Outfit for Ryan

MaxStudiosDE
SF_Corridor

Royloo
BLLE-Ryan Suit with Helmet etc etc (Like a Storm Trooper)
And some props, clock, flower, glass

VP
Tower Crane
Aircraft Starter
Basin
Battle_Bob
Bookcase
Concrete Hopper
HeliJetPack
JetPack
M1Abrams
MedBed
RoButler
Rukma_Vimana
SF_RoomA
SF_RoomB
SF_RoomC
SF_RoomD
Sofa1
Tower_Crane
WritingDesk

Mindvision-GDS
P.I.C.K
Base, Doors, Windows, Extras

Alyson
Dynamic Dress
Dynamic Scarf

Jewelry
Earrings
Necklace

Conforming
Bra
Capris Pants
Jacket
Leotard
Panties
Panty
Sandals
Shirt
Shoes
Shorts
Skirt
Slippers
Trousers

Ryan
Dynamic
Pants
Shirt

Conforming
Pants
Shirt
Briefs
Capri
Cargo Shorts
Jacket
Running Pants
Sandals
Shirt
LongSleeve Shirt
Shoes
Tank Top
Trousers

Misc Props
Bag of Chips
Bowl
Broom
ButterKnife
Can
Cinderblock
Construction Horse
CookieSheet
Debris Pile
Desk Lamp
Fork
HandHeldStopSign
LapTopComputer
Microscope
MobilePhone
NameTag
Oil Barrel
Pallet
Park Bench
Picnic Table
Plate
Power Drill
Purse
Shovel
Skillet
SodaBottle
SoupLadle
SoupPot
Specimen
Spoon
WoodenChair

Vehicles
Convertible

Thomas Jefferson

IsaoShi ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 6:58 PM · edited Wed, 05 August 2009 at 7:07 PM

Quote - Show items and folders in separate panes, like Windows Explorer or Picasa. This one would be good if you have a second monitor and can make the Library window really big.

Oh yes! I have, I can, I want. I'm very happy with the new library interface (apart from being irrationally irritated by the mouse-over file path tags) and this option would be marzipan and icing on the cake.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 7:06 PM

Quote - > Quote -

Did you Apply The Deformers to Alyson?

No I didn't. I didn't even know there were any. The only thing I applied was some hair and the leotard to avoid the nudity issue. Other than that, she's right out of the box.

What am I missing here?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 7:14 PM · edited Wed, 05 August 2009 at 7:17 PM

file_436142.jpg

> Quote - > Quote - > Quote -  No, seriously. Who rigged Alyson's arms? They stink. > > > > > > They don't bend at the elbows as they should, and if you twist them, the mesh breaks midway between the elbow and shoulder. > > > > > > > > Please tell SM, please. They didn't believe me when I said the same. > > > > Oh wait. I have no comment. ;-) > > > > I'm probably daft but I can't see the issue. IMO her arms bend and twists as expected. What's wrong? Or am I loading the wrong Alyson?

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about TG. The mesh breaks just above the elbow bend. But if the joint was where the bend is, the mesh wouldn't break. And the upper collar gets all distorted.

I'm talking from experience when I tell you that posing Poser people is a PITA compare to the DAZ figures.  Plus, everything is built for the taller DAZ people so along comes short Poser women, Alyson, Olivia, Miki... they're legs and arms don't have the same reach as V4 and V3.

Hopefully, that will be something content creators take into consideration on props like chairs or vehicles.

lkendall ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 8:20 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't have a normal mapping option under the gradient bump channel on the root node (material room -advanced tab)? There were options under that selection in Poser Pro.

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 8:27 PM · edited Wed, 05 August 2009 at 8:27 PM

file_436144.jpg

You don't have this?

What version number (including build number) is on your About screen?

jmikem ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 8:35 PM

Ok, here's something I want to know. When I saw the pic of Allyson in Posers ad, I thought , "Her hair looks good." So I thought they probably really improved [hopefully] the hair room. Asked BB & he said he hadn't gone there yet. So,....have they done any improvements in the hair room. If not, what's with the decent hair in the promo pic ? What can y'all tell me ?   Mike 

lkendall ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 8:37 PM

I have 8.0.0.10157. Gradient Bump is the only choice in the puldown, and the title over runs the side of the root node.

LMK

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 8:40 PM

Quote - Did you Apply The Deformers to Alyson?

The "Add Deformers" pose, assuming that's what you mean, is not intended to be run against the figure itself, it's for running against conforming clothing.

EClark I can't reproduce that wierd bend you are getting.  Have you scaled any bones?  You will get this kind of big error when dealing with scaled bones, e.g. on V4's LegsLength dial.

My Freebies

grichter ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 8:40 PM

Quote - > Quote -  BB the xml lib prefs file is very different then past versions. At work at this minute so I don't have the file names etc. But is there any reason you can not hand edit the xml file to add libs and or change their index-sort order?

No reason not to. Just copy and paste on of the lib lines, and edit the path.

During testing, each time I installed, I let the installer wipe those files because of other changes. Then I pasted my libs back in before launching.

If you need to re-install for any reason, save the list of libraries first.

Also, there is one for the Library GUI state. I forget the name. You can edit the list of "open folders". These are automatically opened and scanned on startup.

Closing them (deleting entries) saves time on startup. You could even build up a set of these for specific projects, save them, and then bring the entire library GUI back to that state by replacing that file. A script could do this easily.

Make sure the main runtime is first though - don't move that one!!! Very important.

reason for the question is I assume I had a typo, because when I tried editing this morning to add some runtimes, it barked about an error on line 31 and then took it back to default instead of giving me a chance to correct the error. Will try again in a few minutes but will back up before I restart poser. Doing the same with poser running wiped my work out when I quit poser and relaunched to bring in the changes. both bits are purely FYI for you.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 8:44 PM

Quote - Ok, here's something I want to know. When I saw the pic of Allyson in Posers ad, I thought , "Her hair looks good."

That's probably because it's a photograph of hair added in postwork (almost certainly).

My Freebies

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 8:44 PM

Quote - I have 8.0.0.10157. Gradient Bump is the only choice in the puldown, and the title over runs the side of the root node.

LMK

Aha. Hmmm. I'm contacting Mr. Cooper - I'll be back.

pokeydots ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 8:48 PM

Gradient Bump is the only choice I have too.

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 8:50 PM · edited Wed, 05 August 2009 at 8:51 PM

Gasp.  It occurred to me that no one had asked "what is your version number" but I foolishly assumed this was something that had to have been checked and re-checked a dozen times before the release for sale.

This may explain some of the rendering artifacts that Stefan et al. are surprised I've been getting.

My Freebies

lkendall ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 8:57 PM

I am downloading again just in case I had a bad download.

LMK

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 8:57 PM
bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 8:59 PM

Quote - I am downloading again just in case I had a bad download.

LMK

No don't bother.

I have to check on something, to make sure I don't speak falsehood. Hang on.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 9:00 PM

Let me put it another way. I am certain build 10157 does not have normal map in the choices.

I have 10199.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 9:01 PM

PJ I asked in another thread for you version number. Never mind. I suppose you have 10157.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 9:03 PM

Mac users have 10154, don't they.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 9:07 PM

Rats. Cooper is at dinner. I don't want to interrupt dinner for this. He just left the table to email me about something else from his Blackberry and was getting teased for doing so.

I'll just say this. I think your problems will be solved way before an SR. Sit tight - get to learn some other features.

How about you show me you can use inverse square falloff correctly? LOL.

lkendall ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 9:17 PM

I noticed that the mannequin had some maps that looked like normal maps. I thought I would try them out when I am through playing around with the EnvSphere.

LMK

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 9:19 PM · edited Wed, 05 August 2009 at 9:19 PM

He's trying to tell you to cancel your download Lkendall.  We have an older revision than we're supposed to have.

My Freebies

ziggie ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 9:32 PM

Quote - He's trying to tell you to cancel your download Lkendall.  We have an older revision than we're supposed to have.

Starts to Hyper-ventilate... 'Somebody pass a paper bag... quickly..! I sense another download session.'

What the heck... mistakes happen. Personally... don't care how many... as long as Poser 8 gets better and betterer.

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 9:46 PM · edited Wed, 05 August 2009 at 9:48 PM

OK I'm back. It was not a mistake.

The final builds had to go to "manufacturing" whatever that is by a certain date in order to be available as a "Gold" image for disk burning. The same version is on the web site - why I don't know.

Meanwhile, a "HotFix" patch (not a complete SR, just a few files replaced) was prepared that included the normal map omission, as well as some splotchy IDL fixes.

I thought this HotFix was to be offered immediately, and you guys would have the same version I do. For whatever reason, that was not the case.

The HotFix will be available by the end of the week. Keep an eye out for it. It will be a very small download.

There are still more GI improvements already in-progress that will appear in the first Service Release. That's also likely when we'll be able to provide the option for large thumbnails in the Library. But that might come sooner in a hot fix too, perhaps not the same one.

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 9:55 PM

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed, but did the Sketch Designer survive in Poser 8, and if so, have there been any improvements on the P4 version?

I've always liked that feature and would probably love it if it handled transparencies. I realize that a minority of users bother with it but still hold out hope that it will get some long-overdue attention.

grichter ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 10:02 PM

Quote - Mac users have 10154, don't they.

Yes that is what I got last night

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 10:04 PM

I'm not at all familiar with the Sketch Designer. Might be the same, might be different.

There are pictures of it here:

http://poser8.smithmicro.com/gallery.html

See section 4.

lvmink ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 10:06 PM

Trying to get the Poser 8 Library to show up....no luck.  This seems impossible,
does anyone have a step by step solution to this (I gather someone else encountered this)???
What a pain!!!!!
I am excited to get started with the new program, but am stymied right at the outset..RATS!!!!

Thanks much for any help,
eb

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 10:13 PM

Quote - Trying to get the Poser 8 Library to show up....no luck.  This seems impossible,
does anyone have a step by step solution to this (I gather someone else encountered this)???
What a pain!!!!!
I am excited to get started with the new program, but am stymied right at the outset..RATS!!!!

Thanks much for any help,
eb

Contact SM customer service. They know how to fix some, others they need more data. Your data will help.

I don't know if it's a problem with Flash, permissions, firewall - not sure. They can help or not, but your info will contribute to the solution.

Kenmac ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 11:23 PM

I'd like to relay a question (that hasn't been asked yet incidentally) asked by a person on a newsgroup I frequent about the colour of the interface. Personally I don't have a problem with the colour of it but this person wants to know if there's a way (easy or not) to change the colour?  BTW Bagginsbill, thanks for the work that you and others have put in to Poser 8. With the exception of the thumbnail sizes (which I know you're working on) I really like this version even more than Poser 7.

nerd ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2009 at 11:34 PM
Forum Moderator

BB, I'll take the heat for 10199 being a bit late. When the beta testers got this patch we had like a day to test it. I thought I'd found a crasher bug in the patch. I pressed the panic button. I think the HotFix ended up getting held back because of this.

In the end it turned out it was a bad download, not the patch causing the crash.  Seems we should have beta tested the servers too.

Believable3D ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 12:07 AM

Quote -
I totally agree, the wheel should zoom. And other shift/ctrl options should allow panning and stuff. I'm not sure that the mouse button alone can/should move the camera, because then how do you grab items and drag them? I hate interfaces that make me change modes between grabbing items versus pan/zoom/rotate with the mouse in the pose window itself. I'm fine with pressing on those hotspots to pan/zoom/rotate - seems faster to me. But I haven't used too many other 3D apps, and other apps may have it all working cleanly.

For the most part, I LOVE the way you can pan around in Argile. It may be a bit quirky company, but N-Sided knows how to build something intuitive. It's the only 3D app I think I've ever used that I was able to do stuff in the first minute.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 12:15 AM

Quote - > Quote - Did you Apply The Deformers to Alyson?

The "Add Deformers" pose, assuming that's what you mean, is not intended to be run against the figure itself, it's for running against conforming clothing.

EClark I can't reproduce that wierd bend you are getting.  Have you scaled any bones?  You will get this kind of big error when dealing with scaled bones, e.g. on V4's LegsLength dial.

You know, you're a lot smarter than your avatar looks. Hehehe

Yep, I did indeed scale her using the figure menu and the Fashion model setting. Let me change her back now and see what happens.

Dadgummit! Now I have to write half an apology to SM! The shoulder and forearm joint should still be at the elbow.  It's like having the knee joint half way up the thigh. It just ain't right.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.