Sun, Sep 22, 2:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Alyson's Exploding Mesh

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 11:01 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:19 PM

file_436316.jpg

Interesting. If I load Alyson to the screen it's all good. If I replace a figure with Alyson this is what I get. It's happened more than once. The holes appear randomly and it is NOT an open gl issue. If i replace her with herself I get more or less holes but holes everywhere.

And, have you tried exporting the whole figure with out welding body part seams? It has little gaps ad seams coming apart every which way.

Who made these figures?? How can a products contents get worse, not better???

BTW: it doesnt just happen on the arms, it just happend this was this time... it's pretty random

My Store   My Gallery    Contact

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 12:12 AM · edited Sat, 08 August 2009 at 12:15 AM

Well maybe I'll just make this my own personal list of things i find that don't work in poser 8...

Panties for Alyson: The materials don't work!! Tried the other 2 that are supplied and they don't do a thing.

Lets see what else we can find shall we?

edit: I guess they work if i drag them...... but click the apply library preset button and NADDA

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 12:19 AM

Same for her shirts.

This material contains materials that do not exist. Would you like these laterials to be created?

Duh, yah........... but no, it does not. You can't even drag these mats onto the figure. and the apply button doesnt work either.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 12:21 AM

same issue for the capris.............. none of the materials work....................

Anyone else having these issues?

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 1:22 AM

I just sent a ticket to SM. I thinkI did it in the right place??? Support/start new incident??

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 1:31 AM

New find....... selecting the characters body part (sometimes with more than 1 character OR Prop) in the scene will often result in a NO ACTOR selected. Keep clicking on the body part, hip, arm, clothing....no actor selected.

Then I select from the drop down arror.......and next time I try to select body part everything is peachy.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 1:35 AM · edited Sat, 08 August 2009 at 1:35 AM

An why is poser trying to find textures for a prop that came from the poser 6 runtime in the poser 8 runtime??? It shouldn't be asking me any questions.... DAMN YOU POSER!

edit: who need twitter, right?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 4:53 AM · edited Sat, 08 August 2009 at 4:53 AM

Hm this is odd. I've played around with Alyson quite a bit since I got her (wow imagine me playing with a GIRL character! - says something about how much I like her!) and I haven't had anyo f these things happen. I do get the "material collection" thing when adding a new texture to the hair but I must admit I haven't tried altering colour on the clothes, so far I've just used the clothes as they were.

However.. I did have another WEIRD problem yesterday when I opened a scene with Alyson. Not only was her right shoulder totally warped (although not exploded.. just .. out of whack ina very peculiar way) AND her hair had changed to another of the hairdos, BUT it was still listed as the Ponytail Ø.o

Unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot of it. I just loaded her from the library again and started over, chalking this down to "random Poser quirk" - it better not be repeating though...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

TZORG ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 7:14 AM

phionix you're crazy, P8 isn't even out yet.

It's not the tool used, it's the tool using it

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 7:21 AM

You're free to write quirks/problems anywhere you want and perhaps it helps other users know you've run into the same problems they have. But the only place that matters is SM's bug tracking system. There's a good chance that what you write here will not be seen or be seen and forgotten. When they work the bug list, it isn't a Rendo thread, it is with the bug tracking tools, which provide the necessary elements to keep track of how to reproduce, attachments of broken scenes, management prioritization, customer comments, tester comments, developer feedback, etc.

This is particularly important for hard-to-reproduce problems or intermittent problems. A good collection of information from multiple users in one place is required. Also, intermittents usually fall down the list of things that get worked, unless multiple people report them and they start to notice the duplicate reports, and start to see a pattern of related things develop.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 7:22 AM

Quote - phionix you're crazy, P8 isn't even out yet.

No smily, so I have to assume you're serious.

P8 was released 4 days ago.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 7:22 AM

Quote - phionix you're crazy, P8 isn't even out yet.

it's been out for a couple of days now....

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 7:52 AM

TZORG has been in other threads here so I THINK they're aware of P8's existance. Still seemed like an odd reply, especially given the missing smiley.

BagginsBill.. WHERE is the official place to post bug reports? Is it the "incident" report on support.smithmicro.com for or should I look somewhere else?

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

PilotHigh ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 8:51 AM

Well, now I know it's not just me. I'm having the same problem with P8 looking for textures in the wrong runtime. It's opening something from a P7 runtime and it's looking for half of the textures in the P8 runtime! I'm on a Mac.

SirensTragicMuse ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 9:09 AM

I can't even get my Poser 8 here.

le sigh~

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 11:19 AM

Quote -  TZORG has been in other threads here so I THINK they're aware of P8's existance. Still seemed like an odd reply, especially given the missing smiley.

BagginsBill.. WHERE is the official place to post bug reports? Is it the "incident" report on support.smithmicro.com for or should I look somewhere else?

You got it - start an incident report.

msg24_7 ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 12:43 PM

Quote - Well, now I know it's not just me. I'm having the same problem with P8 looking for textures in the wrong runtime. It's opening something from a P7 runtime and it's looking for half of the textures in the P8 runtime! I'm on a Mac.

Have a look at your "General Preferences" via the edit menu...
Check if "File Search" has been set to "deep"... should be under the "Library" tab...
that should take care of the problem... :-)

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 2:40 PM

Thanks msg, I'll change the setting.

BB, I have submitted one ticket, I will have to do another with the no actor selected one, but I did it for the others. I havn't played with it since the last post (sleeping), so no new ones yet.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 3:06 PM

MSG I assume you mean shallow setting, not library. Right?

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 3:18 PM

Phionix,
I've not had this happen on my end (not doubting your word there).
Can I ask a couple of questions?

1- Windows or Mac?
2- System specs
3-What graphic card? Drivers updated?

When you replace Alyson are you going to an added Runtime? Is this Runtime on your main drive (C)? Is it DAZ? What figure? Can you load Simon from P8 and does it work okay?

Comitted to excellence through art.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 3:39 PM

file_436363.jpg

16gb virtual ram

Graphics is an Ati radeon 3200hd...integrated because of the tablet functon...no other way to do it at the time.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 3:43 PM

Well your computer looks good enough. Can you load other figures from within P8, not going to outside runtimes, do the other P8 figures load up okay or do they explode too?

Comitted to excellence through art.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 3:49 PM

Quote - > Quote - Well, now I know it's not just me. I'm having the same problem with P8 looking for textures in the wrong runtime. It's opening something from a P7 runtime and it's looking for half of the textures in the P8 runtime! I'm on a Mac.

Have a look at your "General Preferences" via the edit menu...
Check if "File Search" has been set to "deep"... should be under the "Library" tab...
that should take care of the problem... :-)

I've tried both shallow and deep and it doesn't make any difference.

msg24_7 ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 4:09 PM

Quote - MSG I assume you mean shallow setting, not library. Right?

yes, I meant the file search setting... you got the following options...
none
shallow
deep

set it to "deep" for Poser to find objects and textures stored in other runtimes than the Poser 8 runtime...

You can also check page 29 of the pdf manual... there is a screenshot and more detailed explanation :-)

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

msg24_7 ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 4:20 PM

Quote - ...

Is the runtime - the one where the missing textures are located - connected to your Poser 8?
That may be the reason, why Poser isn't searching at all the places even at the "deep" setting...

That's all I can think off right now...

Martin

PilotHigh ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 4:58 PM

Quote - > Quote - ...

Is the runtime - the one where the missing textures are located - connected to your Poser 8?
That may be the reason, why Poser isn't searching at all the places even at the "deep" setting...

That's all I can think off right now...

Martin

Yes they're all connected.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 5:52 PM

Yes, my runtimes are all seen through the library tab. I did have it set to "deep" when this happened. I thought you ment set it to "shallow" for it to work. I though maybe the shallow setting would consider all runtimes the same and not go up in the tree to see the difference between p8 and my p6 runtimes.

So what you're saying is keep it set to deep? this is the setting i had when the issure occured.

Yah, I guess I should look at the manual once huh?!  LOL

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 7:06 PM · edited Sat, 08 August 2009 at 7:07 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_436379.jpg

Another example of Alyson. i replaced a figure I'm working on (a mod of alyson) with the original character alyson...... You can see the mesh destruction is differnt from the original posting. It always happens differently.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 9:54 PM

I know I've seen this on another thread but I also want to note that when you apply a material, and it can't find the texture, you can't cancel out of the operation. You must find the texture. trying to open a different texture to move on or just canceling out does not work at all.

Still cant get my library to find other textures in my other linked runtimes automaticly

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 11:26 PM

Phionix,

Your screenshot is a little cut off, but it looks like your Poser 6 runtime is first, then 7, then Poser 8.

You must have hacked your XML file, as that is impossible. No wonder you can't find things. Your main runtime is not first.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 11:56 PM

file_436385.jpg

No BB, I dont think you see what you think you see. The list you see there is in the poser 8 runtime....list of characters, you are seeing the file structure the way it installed itself with legacy content.  I don't own poser 7.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 12:05 AM · edited Sun, 09 August 2009 at 12:06 AM

Ah ok. Stupid of me. I should have noticed the folder icons. The runtime branches (top level) do not have icons.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 4:17 AM · edited Sun, 09 August 2009 at 4:19 AM

file_436398.jpg

Here's a new quirk.... Alysons DEV character ( i havn't tried on Alyson herself) in the Catwalk_01

catwalk_01M works fine!

But dont even try to zero her out afterwards, It wont work!

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 4:54 AM · edited Sun, 09 August 2009 at 4:56 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_436399.png

same dev character (after my morphs inj, not that it make a diff)..and just a not, the dev character have not IK, so it's not an issue there.....

This is "Presentation"....... a nice presentation by our friends at SM!

side note: presentation_M works just fine.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 5:16 AM

All the dev Characters have this bug.Try Sydney dev. It is not a P8 thing and not an Alyson bug.The full character will wok correctly.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 5:47 AM · edited Sun, 09 August 2009 at 5:49 AM

Quote - I don't own poser 7.

You do not need to own Poser 1-7. The "Legacy Content" installs to folders based on when it was originally released. What is in the Poser 7 Folder? The basic figures released with Poser 7?

I did not choose to install the "Legacy Content" and I have none of those P1-7 Folders.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 7:28 AM

Thats not a bug. The dev figures don't have for clothing usually not needed bones. They also don't have the morphs and expressions included.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 4:06 PM

Jules: I know the DEV characters don't have morphs... I think they are for DEVelopers, But you would think they would at least pose correctly.

mariner: I was just telling bb that it can't be poser 7s runtime cause i dont have poser 7..... I havnt checked whats in the p7 folder yet, I just jumped in to p8 :)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 5:00 PM

Pionix.. Im wondering, after your latest Alyson screenshot - the one where she's missing half of her butt... How do those figures RENDER? I'm asking because if they do render OK it MIGHT be an OpenGL issue. Not that this isn't annoying enough in itself, but like the Eyepopping problem in earlier versions (Poser 7 I think but I'm not sure) it was only a dosplay problem and the character rendered ok.

The DEV figures ought to pose properly. If they don't then their JP's are wonky and then they can't be used properly as donor files.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 10:00 PM

The figure (original screens) render just like they appear, full of holes. It's not an open gl issue. Have you tried exporting a whole figure (not dev but a real alyson) without merging the verts? The mesh is not solid, holes and mismatched geometry everywhere....... its crapola.

Now I remember how I've made full body exports in the past without the geometry exploding as morphs. But this is only possible with the DEV characher ONLY because the real Alyson exported is of such LOW quality.... I don't know how it looks ok in poser but the actual mesh is like swiss cheese. I think that is why this bug will happen at times when Alyson is repalced by Alyson.

As for the poses I still havnt tried those particular poses on a real Alyson yet, just the dev's.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 4:23 AM

Tested one of the poses that generated a problem on the real figure... no issue there. So the dev characters are great for inj, just not for posing!

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 9:53 PM

I'm having a problem loading in the helmat prop for Alyson.... anyone else? I cant drag it in and cant click it into the scene....

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 10:16 PM

cant seem to change or set a parent for the prop Belt-BLLE for ryan.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 12:32 PM

FBM not working on Alysons bra, anyone else have this experience?

3dactor ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 3:05 PM

The Dev Figure is for Development of clothing or any conforming item.
It is not for development of hand , face or body poses.
it shouldn't be used as the target of an injection pose or as the figure you are using in your scene for Posing. There is no IK so you will definitely get some funkiness( as with your screenshots) in the ankles when trying to use this Dev figure for more then what it was intended.
I hope that helps.
JC

3dactor ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 3:11 PM

Quote - FBM not working on Alysons bra, anyone else have this experience?

If you Select Alyson.
Load Bra into scene.
Conform Bra to Alyson
Select Alyson Body and adjust an FBM, you will see they now work.
(not sure why they don't work on their own. Looking into this)

They are super conforming and have crosstalk enabled. Make sure you have Alyson Selected when they are loaded/conformed though or the cross talk will not work.
JC

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 4:41 PM

I see, I'll have to give it a try... so they work more like a dynamic but they conform. I'll try it out.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.