Fri, Sep 20, 3:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Not Feeling the Love in the DAZ Forum lately

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 2:55 PM

They have medication for this.

My Freebies

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 3:08 PM

Quote -  Oh and.. are the poses anywhere else? I refuse to set foot in the Daz forums after a certain incident some time back...

Look higher up in this thread. About the tenth post down. Check the down load page.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 3:11 PM

Quote - > Quote - All the criticism was of the ALYSON figure's LOOKS, not her posing abilities.

Fair enough (like I said before, I didn't look at the thread. Got a link to it?)

It's still on the front page of the Freepository. They're STILL not talking about the poses.

ajsavill ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 3:29 PM

Sorry about this EClark - I'm gonna try out your poses and hopefully get that thread back on track if I can. Feeling very guilty that I contributed to any discord. I appreciate your work and your contributions to the DAZ forums. Please don't stay away because some have jumped right back on their favorite bandwagons.

Some of the nice people at least said thanks!

Winterclaw ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 3:39 PM

Why did daz3d come into existence in the first place?  Wasn't it to sell stuff?

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 4:00 PM

DAZ3d is or at least was a subsidiary of Zygote, which supplied Poser with it's first figures all the way up to Poser 4. DAZ3d split from Zygote and started an online store that made and brokered 3D content primarily for the Poser community.

About 4-5 years ago, Poser's continued existence was in doubt (I forget exactly why, but I think it had something to do with Poser being sold yet again to e-Frontier). DAZ3D decided to hedge it's bets and began to create it's own 3D application, DAZ Studio.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 4:37 PM

Quote - Daz moderators should keep in mind that upset customers don't spend money with the people who upset them & Poser customers are by far the largest proportion of customers they have, upset us at your own risk.

Do you have some sort of data to back that statement up? How do you know DS users don't outnumber Poser users on their site by now? I'm not a DS user or fan myself, but I don't see how it could possibly have that many less users since it's free and supported at that site.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 4:42 PM

Quote - > Quote - yeah...I think we'd all rather a site war didn't start.  I can understand the frustration, and it's fine to vent, but, rather than bashing DAZ, can we just try to make folks feel welcome here?

EClark, have you posted your stuff in the Freebie forum here?  I wouldn't mind taking a peek :)

No, I"ve only ever posted links in the DAZ forum or CP. I also have a download page at my website where people can find the links to all my pose sets.

You should add that link to your site to your signature here so people will always see it! Freebies are well appreicated around here!

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 4:53 PM

o.k., frank, thx fr the line - hit 'em upside the head with a clue-by-four! :lol:

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 5:04 PM

To be fair, my first reply was written before I had gotten down to the warning in the thread.

wdupre ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 7:24 PM

No offense EClark1894, and I know we don't exactly see eye to eye on some things. but did you consider reporting the OT posts in your freebie thread rather than coming here to complain? The DAZ moderators can't do anything about the problem unless they know about it, and i certainly think it would be fair for you to ask for those offending posts be removed from your thread.

wdupre ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 7:33 PM

ok I apologize I see that richard did post a warning in the thread for others to stop with the OT posts, so obviously he was aware of it so no need to report but I think the thread should be reviewed and I will ask them to do so.

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 7:48 PM

Will,

I thought Richard did a good job moderating that thread, (and I noted so in that thread)although he did arrive late on the scene.  Unfortunately there were some posters that weren't very gracious to Earl, but I'm not sure being a boor violates TOS..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 10:02 PM

file_436572.jpg

Think I'll start a new pose set for Ryan.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 12:18 AM

file_436578.jpg

WIP

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 12:18 AM

file_436579.jpg

WIP

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 12:54 AM

file_436583.jpg

WIP

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 12:57 AM · edited Tue, 11 August 2009 at 12:58 AM

file_436584.jpg

WIP

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 1:27 AM

file_436585.jpg

WIP

ajsavill ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 5:05 AM

Quote - Do you have some sort of data to back that statement up? How do you know DS users don't outnumber Poser users on their site by now? I'm not a DS user or fan myself, but I don't see how it could possibly have that many less users since it's free and supported at that site.

There was an informal poll on the DAZ forums a cuppla months back asking "what is your primary 3D app?" The results were Poser @ approx 37%, D|S @ approx 32%, with Bryce, Carrara, Vue, C4D, Max, LW and Maya in rapidly descending order.

Poser vs D|S is one of the regular causes of thread drift over there of course, but it's usually stopped by the dry wit and gentle hand of Richard H, who's an excellent mod IMO.

The WIP poses for Ryan are looking good EClark - can I make a request for some everyday stand/sit ones as well as the BB style?

Cheers!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 6:32 AM

file_436592.jpg

WIP

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 6:45 AM

file_436596.jpg

WIP

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 9:25 AM

Quote -
There was an informal poll on the DAZ forums a cuppla months back asking "what is your primary 3D app?" The results were Poser @ approx 37%, D|S @ approx 32%, with Bryce, Carrara, Vue, C4D, Max, LW and Maya in rapidly descending order.

Heh - to be fair, it did have the word "primary" in the poll. I primarily use D|S, but I also have and own Poser 4, PPP, and 6.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 9:57 AM

file_436609.jpg

WIP

Think I'll do just one more for a total of 10 poses on this set.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 10:00 AM

Quote -  DAZ3d is or at least was a subsidiary of Zygote, which supplied Poser with it's first figures all the way up to Poser 4. DAZ3d split from Zygote and started an online store that made and brokered 3D content primarily for the Poser community.

About 4-5 years ago, Poser's continued existence was in doubt (I forget exactly why, but I think it had something to do with Poser being sold yet again to e-Frontier). DAZ3D decided to hedge it's bets and began to create it's own 3D application, DAZ Studio.

The history is as follows:

When P5 went into development, Poser was sold to a parent company in Germany, which approved the sale because, to be blunt, it needed the cash and thought Poser would be an excellent cash cow.

Problem was, they forced the release long before it was ready, and P5 went out riddled with bugs. The development team did what they could, but the resulting bad PR and the disasterous sales forced Poser along to its next owner. The company in Germany, last I heard, went out of business.

DAZ had been talking about developing its own package for some time, and the apparent death of Poser seemed to spur its development team along, which resulted in the near endless series of beta versions before we actually saw Studio 1.0. Poser, meanwhile, was limping along with vers 5 and then 6, which had its own share of issues, and we had all the nonsense about the proposed fees for getting the MilFolk into the Face Room. P7 got the program back on track -- it's arguably the most solid version since 4.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Puntomaus ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 11:12 AM · edited Tue, 11 August 2009 at 11:15 AM

California Dreaming  http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=769814

And I loved P5, prolly because I didn't have much problems with it.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 11:23 AM

One point not touched on is in general people based in the US are a touch angry at the moment.
Last year we had fuel prices through the roof
Last year and this year had the bail out to wall street including large bonus paid and even talk of more needed when commercial real estate goes upside down in the coming months.
We had a stimulus package
We bailed out GM and Chrsyler
People in general are scared for their jobs, keeping their house, watching their 401k's evaporate.
From all this and other current issues comes anger of what about me? I paid my taxes, made all my car payments and house payments on time. Yet I am hurting. What or when are you going to do something for-about me? Why should I be punished with the threat of higher taxes and local fees because I did everything right.
Me personally, I don't belong to any group or political party. Yet I have written more letters to my senators and congressmen in the last 12 months, then I probably have in my entire life time.

Look at the how the number of posts in other forums where people mention how cool  some new content is yet they have to wish list it and hope they can buy it later. The number of posts like that has increased a lot recently. Those people that can't afford the newest toy because of the current economic conditions get both jealous and angry at the same time.

In a nutshel, it is human nature when you are angry to vent, even if what you are venting about at the time, has nothing to do with the underlying reason you are angry in the first place. Then toss in the underlying Daz-Poser issues as stated in this thread and being a Mod is these times has to be a nightmare more so then at any other time frame.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 12:03 PM

file_436630.jpg

Last one. I'll zip these up and post them sometime today on my download page and place a link on the Rendo freestuff page. Since I'm more than just a little p***ed for the moment at DAZ I'm going to withhold these from the Freepository. Maybe by the time I decide to transfer these over to M4 and V4 I'll be in a more forgiving mood.

karanta ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 1:12 PM

Oh cool :) New Alyson poses.

Thank you !

My Renderosity Store

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 11:45 PM · edited Thu, 13 August 2009 at 8:22 AM

Attached Link: http://clark.freehostia.com/Downloads.html

> Quote - Oh cool :) New Alyson poses. > > Thank you !

Well, they're actually for Ryan, but I guess Alyson can use them as well. I'll check and if she can't, I might do a set for her as well.

The Link is now up at my website
 and in the Freestuff forum here at Rendo.

jartz ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 1:11 AM

These are great poses for Ryan, and I don't have P8.  At least you have the talent to make poses - I wish I can master it.  I say, thanks for sharing them...

Good Job, EC

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 2:07 PM

No love is an empty ssh-stein.  Empty! 

Where are the people who care about me?  

Where are the serving wenches, tee hee.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

grichter ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 9:23 PM

Quote - No love is an empty ssh-stein.  Empty! 

Mr. Clark, it appears you need to consider some serving wench poses for Alyson! :thumbupboth:

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 12:28 AM

Quote - > Quote - No love is an empty ssh-stein.  Empty! 

Mr. Clark, it appears you need to consider some serving wench poses for Alyson! :thumbupboth:

Hmmm, where'd I put my serving wench reference photos?

Actually, you know that probably wouldn't be a bad idea. A set of poses to go along with Faveral's Tavern set. Um, You just want Alyson or V4 too?

grichter ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 12:51 AM

Beggars will take whatever they can get and use universal poses or puppetmaster to convert to another character. To work in Faverals Taven would be icing on the cake.

Gary

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 6:50 AM

Quote -

Quote - Oh cool :) New Alyson poses.

Thank you !

Well, they're actually for Ryan, but I guess Alyson can use them as well. I'll check and if she can't, I might do a set for her as well.

The Link is now up at my website
 and in the Freestuff forum here at Rendo.

Many thanks for these. I always find your support for Poser Figures fantastic.
PS: the link above didn't work for me, this one did:
http://clark.freehostia.com/Downloads.html

TKS
DR

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 7:15 AM

Thanks, DR. The "S" is missing from the end of Downloads.html. Unfortunately I can't change it now.

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 8:22 AM

I can (and did)  :)  Even on vacation, lol.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 8:24 AM

Thanks Jen

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 8:26 AM

No problem :)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 8:29 AM

Quote - I can (and did)  :)  Even on vacation, lol.

If you are on Vacation WTF are you hanging out here for?

EC finally downloaded these and I like.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 8:33 AM

Mostly, asking questions of BagginsBill, learning P8, and tormenting Jumpstartme2 ;)  

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 8:35 AM

Thanks nyguy.  I'll probably get around to finishing the BB poses for Alyson either today or tomorrow.

I was supposed to be finished with my Android comic last week, but I've been playing so much with P8, that... well here's hoping for this weekend. Actually I don't have that much left to do.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 9:08 AM

Quote - > Quote - No love is an empty ssh-stein.  Empty! 

Tavern wenches need fluffy flouncy skirts!

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 10:21 AM · edited Thu, 13 August 2009 at 10:29 AM

file_436826.jpg

You need to speak to Ms. Karanta about fluffy, flouncy skirts and things!:biggrin:

Although, I do think I recall that she's done some textures for  the MFD. You could run the dress through WW2 for Alyson and use those textures.

Ms. Karanta: You might consider an MFD for Alyson AND Antonia.        JAT

karanta ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 11:40 AM

Hm.... nice idea :)

My Renderosity Store

whbos ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 12:16 PM

DAZ Studio wouldn't be popular at all if it wasn't free.  That's the only reason why there's competition.

And whoever mentioned about Zygote/DAZ's popularity in relation to Poser is correct, but the "kids" over in the DAZ forums aren't old enough to remember that.  I remember when Zygote had only a handful of figures and I think I have them all.  All crap compared to what's available now.

If it weren't for the few things I find at the DAZ Store that are worth picking up, I'd leave it all together.  I drop in and out of the Platinum Club all the time for that reason.  It's like Cartoonland over there and male figures are shunned.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 12:23 PM

Yeah, I've contemplated dropping my PC membership too, but then something like the Dream Home comes around or DAZ sells Poser 7 for $99 bucks...

ajsavill ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 1:03 PM

Quote - male figures are shunned.

Not on the Virile Noir thread (in The Commons), amongst others...
Swing on by and check us out some time!

TZORG ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 1:13 PM

Quote - And whoever mentioned about Zygote/DAZ's popularity in relation to Poser is correct, but the "kids" over in the DAZ forums aren't old enough to remember that.

ya, There should be a senior discount.

It's not the tool used, it's the tool using it

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.