Fri, Sep 20, 2:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Not Feeling the Love in the DAZ Forum lately

ajsavill ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 1:20 PM

TZORG - You are the wind beneath my wings...
(Yah, that could be interpreted a number of ways, but I simply adore your SOH)

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 2:06 PM

Quote - DAZ Studio wouldn't be popular at all if it wasn't free.  That's the only reason why there's competition.

Subjective opinions aside (there's no way you or I or anyone can tell what made it popular or not), the fact that there is competition, is IMHO a good thing. It forced Smith Micro (and eF, EGISys, etc before that) to innovate, which is a damned good thing. It also (apparently) gave Smith Micro a template for their new UI layout ( half kidding, half glad SM/Poser did that), and the idea to use OpenGL back in the day, among other things.

Quote - And whoever mentioned about Zygote/DAZ's popularity in relation to Poser is correct, but the "kids" over in the DAZ forums aren't old enough to remember that.  I remember when Zygote had only a handful of figures and I think I have them all.  All crap compared to what's available now.

Bits and Bobs: Zygote still exists separately. Its CEO is (last time I bothered to check - call it 2005) Bryan Brandenberg. See also where Posette and Dork were basically 'open-sourced'. The original modelers for the P4 meshes included (and were headed by) Chris Creek, who is currently VP @ DAZ.

The whole reason "Dazzle" was built in the first place was because of impending fears of Curious Labs dying while Mr. Cooper slowly drowned in anger (don't make me dredge up the threads). The P5 debacle was only the icing on that particular cake, as it had brewed long, long before D|S released even as a first beta. They'd had it mentioned publicly as early as 2002, and began architecting it (IIRC) in 2000-2001.

Finally, the 'get offa my lawn' syndrome won't keep the 3D hobby alive, so kindly take off the Depends already and be nice to the kids, willya? :p

ajsavill ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 3:06 PM

Beautifully said Penguinisto - useful insight and a great summary. Now who is behind that clown make-up I wonder...

Popping back to Dazzleland now, which is not such a bad place to be.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 3:26 PM

Quote - > Quote - male figures are shunned.

Not on the Virile Noir thread (in The Commons), amongst others...
Swing on by and check us out some time!

Or the Men, men, more men thread.  One of my favorites. 

The thread got me to thinking, there is somewhat of a distinction between the male characters I was personally drooling over, compared to the male characters the men seem to be enjoying more.  Of the male characters, which one is bisexually pleasing to both men and women?

"george look good in Armani"  lol

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 3:28 PM

Mr. Clark don't swing that way!  :biggrin:

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 3:32 PM · edited Thu, 13 August 2009 at 3:40 PM

That's okay. more men for me. lol. 

And they shun Meerkats driving buggies.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

ajsavill ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2009 at 4:11 PM

I have an issue with the thread known as men, men, men...

And it's not the men.

What on earth is wrong with meerkats driving buggies?

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 2:48 AM

Quote - Mostly, asking questions of BagginsBill, learning P8, and tormenting Jumpstartme2 ;)

snort When you get back, {but of course you have to actually leave first before you can actually come back} I think I'll take my vacation....which will probably be like yours.... about..ohhhh..half a day :lol:

I can't miss my daily dose of Rendo...I get withdrawals

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 9:07 AM

Quote - > Quote - Mostly, asking questions of BagginsBill, learning P8, and tormenting Jumpstartme2 ;)

snort When you get back, {but of course you have to actually leave first before you can actually come back} I think I'll take my vacation....which will probably be like yours.... about..ohhhh..half a day :lol:

I can't miss my daily dose of Rendo...I get withdrawals

I do, too :P  I think y'all put crack or something in my internet line :P 

Honestly, though, I've done well staying away from the staff forums, LOL.  Only the Poser forum to ask questions ;)

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 10:21 AM · edited Thu, 20 August 2009 at 10:22 AM

Quote -  You need to speak to Ms. Karanta about fluffy, flouncy skirts and things!:biggrin:

Although, I do think I recall that she's done some textures for  the MFD. You could run the dress through WW2 for Alyson and use those textures.

Ms. Karanta: You might consider an MFD for Alyson AND Antonia.        JAT

Cute!   I hope she didn't spill the beer, laying down like that.

Do you think this is her:   tee hee

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 10:50 AM

You know one thing that's always bothered me about women? They put their "wares" on display and then chastise you for looking at them. Drives me crazy! :b_drool:

TZORG ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 1:07 PM

Yeah either they do, or their moms do.

It's not the tool used, it's the tool using it

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 1:30 PM

Aside from that, it's simply embarassing as a man to realize how much power a woman has over you.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 3:39 PM

You know who had it sweet. 

Remember the vampire in the second Underworld movie?  The one holed up in the castle with all the women around him.  What a sweet deal, and then he got killed, poor thing.  I'd rather remember him the way he was.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 3:59 PM

I haven't seen any of the Underworld movies.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.