Mon, Sep 23, 3:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: Copy Paste tobackground

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 6:37 AM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 4:01 AM

Hello to all.

I dont seem to able to use an imgage as a background in a scene in Poser7,treid all the options i can find so i must be doing it wrong again:)

Pete

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 6:48 AM

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 9:02 AM · edited Fri, 14 August 2009 at 9:03 AM

This is how you import a background image in P6, I imagine it works the same in P7.

From the menu bar's Figure menu, select Import > Background Picture. You will then be presented with a File Open dialogue box where you can brows to the image you want to use. Select the image and click the Open button. You will probably be presented with a message "The background width/hight ratio is different than the current window. Change window to match?" Answer "Yes" to this. The picture will then be added to the background. **If you don't see the picture at this point, open the Display menu and make sure that "Show Background Picture" is enabled.
It's probably best if you resize the image to be the same size as your desired final render size, before you import the image. This is not compulsory, but it can improve image quality.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 9:25 AM

Your subject title is misleading.  There is a feature where you can copy your scene to background.  Effectively, Poser will create and paste a background image, or picture, of your set.  The convenience is not having your scene cluttered if you need to concentrate on one particular aspect (Pose, set rearrangement, etc.)

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 3:08 PM

Ah, did I misunderstand? If you want to paste the current scene into the background,  do Display > Paste Into Background. If you still can't see the image, open the Display menu and make sure that "Show Background Picture" is enabled. If the background does not show in a rendered image, make sure that "Render Over: Background picture" is selected in the Render Options.**

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 3:56 PM

Hello to all.
Yes i was quite missleading there,What im looking for is____copy your scene to backgroundTahnks to all for there help anyway.

Pete

So how to do this please

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 5:37 PM

lesbentley just explained that in the post above yours.

Or else I don't know what you're asking for.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 8:18 PM · edited Fri, 14 August 2009 at 8:23 PM

file_437064.jpg

(click image for larger view)

Perhaps this image will explain better. Steps 3 through 5 may not be necessary, depending on your current settings.

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 12:38 AM

Thanks people great help,
enjoy your day
pete

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.