Sun, Sep 22, 8:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: I need an advice about the tweeners:-((

Bryghtness ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2001 at 8:05 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 8:20 AM

file_191252.JPG

I want to rotate an object around its axis more than 360 degrees (4-5 revolutions per second) with applied motion tweener. The aim: in the beginning it rotates slowly, then faster, and then slowly again (see the tweener pic). Problems: 1. I can't tell Carrara to rotate my object several times around its axis. It says that the rotating value must be between -180 and +180 degr. Arghhh! Even Bryce allows that! 2. I tried to use a modifier (spin). Now the tube rotates as I wanted, but the tweener cannot be applied - the object rotates with constant speed. Any help will be appreciated. 10x in advance!

AzChip ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 10:30 AM

I've had this problem in RDS. Here's what I did. I rotated the object manually, and yes you can only rotate it 180 degrees AT A TIME. So, I had an object I wanted to rotate four times; I started it at yaw=0. Then moved to 1 second, rotated it 179 deg. Then moved to 2 seconds, rotated it 179 deg, again (using local coordinates, not global). I applied the bezier tweener because I was increasing the speed (or actually, reducing the time between 179 degree rotation keyframes). Kind of a sucky work around, but it did the job for me. Hope this helps!

litst ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 11:12 AM

file_191254.JPG

Hi Bryghtness, There is a way to do this very simply with Carrara . You want to animate the speed your object spins ? Well, just animate the speed your object spins ! ;) - first, add a spin modifier to your object . Set the cycles per second to the speed you need for the beginning of your anim . - move the "timeline" to the end of your anim ( 5 sec on the images ) . Set the cycles per second to the speed you need for the end of your anim . Carrara automatically creates a keyframe . Have a look of what the characteristics of your object should like when you extend its tree in the sequencer . Of course, you can add as many keyframes as you like if you need some more complex speed modifications . Hope it helps ! litst

brenthomer ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2001 at 1:52 PM

HAHAHA...I was banging my head about this. Last year I just gave up on it. I hate it when simple things hold you back :)

Bryghtness ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2001 at 2:29 AM

merci, litst (my French ends here ;-)) I convinced myself again that this forum is the best place for Carrara-related stuff. greetz2all!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.