Mon, Sep 16, 12:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 12:03 am)

Subject: New pose 8 figures

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2009 at 8:32 AM

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=119159       Here you can find some Alyson renders where you can see that P8 arm are to short.Letting the arms hang ,the wrist should be at the same height as the femoral neck.

tbird10 ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2009 at 9:56 AM

file_437263.jpg

OK Alyson looks a little 'different' straight out of the box, but I think the textures are pretty good, and the available morphs should give plenty of options.

This is a very quick 1st render 'straight' out of the box with only a couple of very minor tweaks to the dials - default P8 lighting (studio soft top) with IDL and 'advanced' textures.

I was impressed with the speed of the render and for a 1st render using only what came with P8 I think the 'realism' is way above previous versions - sure there is still work needed but where would the fun be if you could produce superb images without learning the new features properly :-)

lkendall ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2009 at 10:01 AM

I agree with -Timberwolf-. In the average human the arm span is roughly equal to the height of the person. We learned basic body proportion in Art 101. There are some ethnic groups where this is not true, but the majority of people have longer arms in proportion to how tall they are than these figures have.

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2009 at 10:59 AM · edited Mon, 17 August 2009 at 11:00 AM

Is there time enough for SM to fix it ? I think until now there is not much third party P8 figure stuff so fixing the geometrie and cr2 could still be possible without damaging work of content creators.

lkendall ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2009 at 11:11 AM · edited Mon, 17 August 2009 at 11:16 AM

Interestingly, Phantom3D is resculpting the Ryan mesh. He also is quite expert on rigging. Maybe he will bring something to market if CP/SM cannot?

If an adjusted Alyson/Ryan figure made it to the market, it would probably come with a new WW2 support file. For any conforming clothing that makes it to market, WW2 would have very little trouble adjusting the arm length of a garment.

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.