Fri, Sep 20, 3:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Changing standard Editing Tool - Help

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2009 at 3:45 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:49 AM

Poser 6 and 7 started by default with the translate/ pull editing tool as active, Poser 8 starts with rotate as default. Is there a way to change this?

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

deni67 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2009 at 8:18 AM

Set up your UI the way you want it then go to Edit/General preferences, click on the interface tab and under Launch Behaviour select Launch to previous state then go to the Document tab and under Launch Behaviour click on Launch to preferred state then click set preferred state and ok and your poser will open up just as it closed..
I don't actually think you need to do the first step on the interface tab but i do it just in case..lol

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2009 at 8:29 AM

That was my first try, sorry, doesnt work in P 8 and I didn't find any reference in the Poser.ini and the .xml files.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Believable3D ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2009 at 8:32 AM

Funny, I hadn't even noticed this particular issue before you mentioned it.

I really wish General Preferences gave greater control - e.g. have new lights come in with certain settings, new figures come in with IK on or off as I choose etc.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

deni67 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2009 at 8:33 AM

Sorry about that..

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2009 at 8:36 AM

No Problem in P 6/ P 7 it worked.

Ulli

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2009 at 10:47 AM

This is very annoying to me, but nobody ever mentioned it so I thought I was being picky.

I prefer the translate tool active, but remembering what I last used isn't bad. P8 doesn't do either. Tell SM! They think I'm peculiar and sometimes don't listen to my requests, since I clearly do not represent the average user. ;-)

http://support.smithmicro.com

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

JoePublic ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2009 at 11:00 AM

Similar problem:
The memory dots also lost their "memory".

They always revert back to "UI" when I restart Poser even though I use "Pose" 99% of the time.

Even worse, after a while they stop working completely so I now have to save each new pose I create to the library immediately.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2009 at 11:09 AM

I did it but when I think about my question about the possibility to get the Poser8Content.zip as a splitted archive and the answers, I don't expect any helpful answer.

Ulli

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2009 at 3:08 PM

Additional strange behaviour, when starting Poser the rotate is active, switching to the material room and back, the translate pull is active.

Ulli

ajsavill ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 10:33 AM

I've also deleted figures and had the control switch to rotate afterwards. Someone at SM is clearly a big rotation fan...

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 11:54 AM

This has been making bananas but I figured I was alone in it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.