Sat, Oct 5, 8:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Saving time question

DocMatter ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 10:25 PM · edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 5:53 AM

I'm just wondering what the usual time should be to save a .car file in C7 Pro.  It sure seems to take a heckuva long time.  I usually have to wait a good 5 minutes for C7 to save a decent sized file (~80-120 MB).  My systems no slouch, either.  I have a Quad cpu, 64-bit windows and 6 GB RAM.
Is this amount of time normal, or are there some settings I can tweak to improve this?
Thanks!

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 11:10 PM

It can be affected my many things so there is no one "right" way to save files. However, it's always a good thing to delete geometry and shaders that are no longer in your scene prior to saving. (Edit > Delete Unused Shader/Geometry)

Features like hair, saving texture files internally, complex replicators and more will extend time. 

DocMatter ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2009 at 11:27 PM

Well, I always do the "Delete Unused Shaders/Geometry" before I save, so I guess this is just something to get used to.  I can always use those few minutes here and there to reorganize my portfolio (laughs), learn a foreign language, etc...

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 2:37 AM

Sometimes I find myself using files that insist on includinng a preview. That is a great way to greatly extend the saving time as well.

Sueposer ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 8:33 AM

It also depends hugely on the number of figures in the scene. Four dragons and a house will take 2 minutes.
I hit the save, then go do a chore.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.