Mon, Sep 16, 12:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 12:03 am)

Subject: WARNING if you are importing Poser 8 to UK

Karth ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 4:02 AM · edited Fri, 21 August 2009 at 4:04 AM
Online Now!

Okay..here is germany.

The next software i buy,  i will download like usually i think.

I bought the Upgrade Hybrid Case 129 $ at CP via UPS..there was no other option for international...hmm.

• shipping 18 Dollar ..so i thought that will be all.

But.....get it today 40 Euro goes to the UPSMan .

So all around 90 Euro for the software ... 50 for the rest..
that sucks really.

And one reason may be, because they do a small small dvd in a big big box.

Karth

zippy ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 5:36 AM

file_437604.jpg

Okay, let's see if either UPS or SmithMicro can defend their justification for using such a large transit box? Because at the very least, I would suggest that such a large box seriously reduces the ammount of freight carried per aircraft, and therefore should, in my opinion, be classed as an environmentally unfriendly practice, of which SmithMicro seems to me to be partly responsible. I seriously wonder if such a large box was the reason that the total shipping costs were so high.

Just a thought for all you 'greens' out there.

So okay, SmithMicro...why such a big package?

tbird10 ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 8:20 AM

"Customers requesting a Physical Shipment to any EU country WILL BE RESPONSIBLE for any VAT and Broker Surcharges charged by the carrier - generally 15-17% of the order value – payable at the time of delivery."

The bit about broker surcharges is new, it was not there when I ordered, it only mentioned VAT and customs duty.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 8:53 AM

so in other words, instead of finding a new courier, they are just vaguely telling us we'll get screwed.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 9:05 AM

so my package arrived from Newegg.

no extra charges. yay, now to install this little baby..

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 10:01 AM

Attached Link: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/29/aboxalypse_now/

> Quote - So okay, SmithMicro...why such a big package?

SM are just amatuers when it come to excessive packaging :tongue2:

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 10:57 AM
Site Admin

I've always wondered why software frequently comes in a giant box which contains only a CD (or DVD). I can see a big box if there's a book included, but it seems a waste of materials to make such a large package for something as  small as a CD

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

thinkcooper ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 3:35 PM · edited Fri, 21 August 2009 at 3:36 PM

Quote - So okay, SmithMicro...why such a big package?

There's probably a joke in there about saving Ryan's privates, but I'm not going there. Instead, I'll check in with operations to find an answer.

Steve Cooper
Poser Product Manager

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2009 at 3:36 PM

and could you find out why they can't collect sales tax? if newegg can, you can.

jcrous ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2009 at 1:21 PM · edited Tue, 25 August 2009 at 1:24 PM

Well, I have read all the comments on this topic and the same happened to me: I have to pay more before I get my Poser 8 DVD. However:

UPS were two days faster than said. They will deliver it to my doorstep (I was still at work today and therefore nobody was at home and they will deliver to my work at no additional charge). They do not deliver to the Post Office part of customs, where I would have to wait so much longer to get the stuff (I would have to pay the import tax / VAT plus a handling fee) - currently some of the post office workers strike so the delay would have been up to two weeks. UPS cleared the item with Customs and pay the fees over to them, for which they obvious charge me. The remainder of UPS's charge is really minimal and more than reasonable compared to any other courier service in our country. The tracking of the parcel was very good and when I phoned UPS today, they immediately answered and assisted me immediately. The lady's name was Gina.

UPS have my vote for excellent service delivery and reasonable fees.
Contents Paradise and Smith Micro too.

Now I just want my Poser 8 DVD adn to be left alone. I will in the future make use of CP or SM again and my choice of courier will be UPS. I have never dealt with anybody else before, except the USPS who was also relative quick, without charges.

Regards
Johan

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.