Tue, Oct 22, 2:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: NEW APOSER ALPHABET POSES

Don ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 1999 at 12:21 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:32 AM

Attached Link: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vision_vessel/PoserABC.html

file_117221.JPG

Visit my website at the attached link to see the first third of my Poser 3D Figure Alphabet, A-L. I have finished the entire alphabet and the numerals, which I will soon finish posting. I think it is the first human figure alphabet-in-the-round. Each is a dance-like or acrobatic pose forming a letter. Attached is a sample image, spelling POSER4. Comments are welcome. Don

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 1999 at 12:31 PM

That's great work.

JeffH ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 1999 at 2:30 PM

The modern dance theme works really well. Have you tried it in B&W with stronger sculpting shadows? -JH.

Foxhollow ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 1999 at 2:42 PM

This has been done before, but don't let that stop you. The idea of "Dance" behind it adds alot...can see that influence in the example. I did only two letters in this manner for my web page logo and that was enough for me! I know how much work this takes...very nice job! Foxhollow

Don ( ) posted Sun, 03 October 1999 at 2:49 PM

Thanx, one and all. Yes, Jeff, I hvae done these figures with local color, colored light sets on white figures (as seen at my site), and some in B&W strong lights. Each pose was worked out from the Default. I'd eventually like to animate figures in a dance or acrobatic routine, which will progressively form the alphabet or words. Don

Don ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 1999 at 6:04 PM

Yes, I know that figure aphabets have been around for a long time. See my site for a brief history of figures-as-letters art (of writing). See the book, Letter and Image, by Andre Massin for a comprehensive history. However, as I stated, I beleive that mine is the first complete 3D in-the-round figure alphabet. Don

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.