Mon, Sep 23, 5:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: Poser 7 firefly optimum settings for page file

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 3:34 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 5:30 PM

Hello,

My poser 7 is crashing with an animation,Im trying on the minimum settings in firefly ie no shadows,no ray tracing etc. the best render I got was 85% of the animation and then it turns off,then I get a micros oft ,send message to micro etc and then even the 85% I have wont play.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peter

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 4:29 AM

If you're try to render direct to a movie, then you're pretty much doomed.

Recommend procedure is to render to images and assemble afterwards.
Also break up the rendering into sessions (i.e. close, then restart Poser and reload scene), the number of frames per session depends on your render settings and scene content, but you should be able to manage a couple of hundred per session.

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 4:33 AM

OK ,So 160 frames in poser cut into two lots of 60 frames render and join in post production,now that sounds like it just may work.

Are there issues with poser and page file set up?

Thanks a lot for comming back so quickly.
Have a good day,

Pete

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 4:40 AM · edited Mon, 24 August 2009 at 4:46 AM

If i do it with images whats the recomended image format .ping/Tiff/jpeg BM??

And is this found in save animation as or export either way cant find many options.

Thanks

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 1:43 PM

Quote - If i do it with images whats the recomended image format .ping/Tiff/jpeg BM??

You should use a lossless format e.g. PNG, TIFF (or BMP if you don't need the alpha channel)

Quote - And is this found in save animation as or export either way cant find many options.

You select "Image Files" for Format in the "Make Movie" dialog, when you click the "Make Movie" button, you'll be able to choose the image type using the save dialog that is shown.

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2009 at 10:22 AM · edited Tue, 25 August 2009 at 10:23 AM

Thanks to every one for their help !seems to working fine now,

pete

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.