Fri, Sep 20, 2:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Audio lenght problem

TOXE ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 7:54 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:21 AM

Hi all,

i'm working on an animation and i have a problem with audio files, when i add the file to the sequencer the lenght is not correct. I miss something?

I'm on C6 pro on mac

Thanks

-TOXE

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 9:20 AM

Hi Toxe,

I haven't encountered this personally but my use of audio inside is very limited since I typically do that in post production. Is the audio shorter, longer? I can try to trouble shoot here and see if I can duplicate and solve the  issue.

Mark

TOXE ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 10:10 AM

Hi Mark,

the length of the clip (a song) is 5:21 minutes and the file is ok, but when imported in carrara it is only 1 minute. The trouble appear on every new file (also a blank scene), so if you want to test create a new file and import a wave or aiff file in C6 pro.

Thanks, Davide

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 10:55 AM

Just tested it out and looks like a bug in v6 that has been corrected in v7. I was successful in getting audio of 1-2 minutes to play correctly but the bug seems to connected to file size: larger/longer files import incorrectly.

If you have QT Pro, you could export segments and bring them in individually at about 1 minute each- a pain but at least it's a temporary solution. 

TOXE ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 11:08 AM

Mark,

the ridiculous thing is that i have another problem with Lightwave 9.6, importing a file audio crash the app! Modo don't have support for audio scrubbing, so i'm a pro, i've bought pro apps and know i need to find "temporary solutions"! AAAARGH!

BTW i'll try with QT Pro, but the real problem is that carrara import the sounds randomly so i'm not sure if i create 5 segments of 1 minute if carrara will import them correctly. I've tried to import a 1 minute song and the resulting file is 3 seconds.

Thanks

Davide

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 11:40 AM

C7 does import it correctly and easily, so, if you want to update...

Hey, if it was easy, everybody would do it. ;-)

TOXE ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 11:49 AM

Update is a critical thing for me now, i've bought enough softwares this year... Now i use modo for 90% of my work, but sometimes Carrara it's still the right application for me.

I've splitted the file with Amadeus and the files work perfectly in carrara, but placing them correctly it's a real challenge. Another bug!

You're right Mark, difficult things are nice;-)

Thanks

Davide

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 11:52 AM

401 is very nice as is c4dr11. I completely understand the updating issue. :-O The tool box is expensive to keep filled.

TOXE ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 11:59 AM

Yes, 401 it's a piece of art, very stable and solid. I haven't tried C4D 11, but i'm sure that is a serious software. I'll try it for sure.

Well, the file is ok. Now i need "only" to create the animation!

Davide

Tashar59 ( ) posted Mon, 24 August 2009 at 4:01 PM

Attached Link: http://www.debugmode.com/wax/

Snowsultan was looking for an app to add the audio to his animations. He needed something that did multi tracks.

I pointed him to WAX. It's free and he said it worked great. I use sony vegas and acid so I never bothered to try it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.