Fri, Sep 20, 12:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Studio in the Making

jcpowell ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2009 at 9:28 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:57 PM

I've started setting up a small studio in my basement.  I picked up a couple of CHEAP Smith Victor lights at a flea market this weekend along with to 2 umbrellas and 5 Muslin backdrops for $30 bucks total. A few impromptu test pics are below.  I realize some have harsh shadows...again I'm just experimenting.

For this one, I had my flash unit behind the guitar and it was triggered wirelessly to light up the front of the amplifier.

My daughter

CK (my step daughter) Rockin!

Oh and here's a behind the scenes shot...the kids were hammin' it up

Lots to learn and I'm finding my basement has limitations...like a 6 foot celling and stuff will need to be rearranged to use the space more effectively.  I'll see how it goes!

J😄e

WEBSITE - www.jcpowellphotography.com

FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/JCPowellPhotography

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2009 at 11:22 PM

Sofar is a very good bargain Joe and looks like the kids having so much fun.

You can soft a hars shadows by diffuse the lights. Cheapest is the A4 paper or baking paper but I am sure you will find something more suitable.

Try to fiddle a bit, only guessing here but if you make your daughter sit a bit far from a wall/background  might a shadow smoother a bit.

BTW the 1st shot looks great.

seeya  T

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 7:24 AM

Go for it, Joe.   There is not room to turn around in my basement garage area.

Your shot of the kids in the air reminds me of an article about a pro photog who does some shots of  dancers in the air.  These are shot against a green bg(green screen or blue screen) so the image is more easily edited onto another background.   We'd try that here but no studio and only a couple of cats can still jump like that..we can't.  : )

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.