Sun, Oct 6, 9:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Anyone having problems with RO and Firefox suddenly?

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 1:53 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 9:20 AM

I'm wondering if it's just my computer. IE8 works fine here, but suddenly with Firefox it hangs...

Hmmmm....

Laurie

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 2:15 AM

no problems here!

bounces through on a rocket powered pogo stick

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 4:16 AM

Not having any problems here either...did you clear your browser cache in FF? {CTRL + F5}

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 6:09 AM

I've been having problems lately with the lates update for FF and any site that runs Java.  I don't know what the deal is, but I'm using Chrome until it's fixed.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 6:41 AM · edited Wed, 26 August 2009 at 6:41 AM

No problems here, at least nothing that has anything to do with Firefox, that is.

Renderosity, however is a different story, what with the disabled spell checker and that you can't use your mouse to copy/paste in a message box and all kind of other annoying cra... I mean... features like that.

But that has nothing to do with Firefox, far as I know.
I'm not real big on the latest version though. Used to be you could close down your only tab and have just an "Untitled" tab up there, now you have to close the browser if you want to close out your only tab, or start a new tab, then close the open one. No idea who came up with that idea, but he needs to turn in his browser coding license, IMO. ;-)

I've always had trouble with Firefox and certain websites with a lot of Java. Parts of McAfee's site as well as much of Comcast's customer area being notable examples. I have to use IE for those.
I suppose it's because some web developers just figure everyone is using IE, since it comes with Windows. They need to be fired, too. Tortured first though, and I don't mean the comfy chair either. ;-)

Hawkins-GraFX ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 6:49 AM

No problems here - However I have not upgraded to the latest version of Firefox that was released a few days ago.

I'm running:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.13) Gecko/2009073022 Firefox/3.0.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Clint

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 7:53 AM

Quote - No problems here - However I have not upgraded to the latest version of Firefox that was released a few days ago.

I'm running:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.13) Gecko/2009073022 Firefox/3.0.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Clint

Maybe that's my problem....lol.

Laurie

Hawkins-GraFX ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 8:51 AM

Hi Laurie,

LOL - Might be.

I usually get the update as soon as I'm notified.
However, this time something told me to hold off for a few...

:)

Clint

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 9:43 AM

Quote - Hi Laurie,

LOL - Might be.

I usually get the update as soon as I'm notified.
However, this time something told me to hold off for a few...

:)

Clint

You must be psychic...why didn't ya tell the rest of us? lolol.

Well, it doesn't seem to be jerking around now like it did last evening. Go figure. I'm so pleased, cause I really do hate IE ;o).

Laurie

Hawkins-GraFX ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 11:30 AM

Yea - I use to be very hardcore IE and pro Microsoft.

I'm still very pro Microsoft however, My buddy Eric over at RDNA suggested that I try Firefox.
Being the big brain that Eric is I did as he suggested.

Man - I'll never go back. The speed difference between IE and Firefox is amazing.
I calculated that using Firefox over IE when putting my daily items up on eBay saved me 30 minutes per day!!!
Thats 3-1/2 hrs a week!!!!

Thats a lot of time.

Ok - More than you wanted to know...I'll move along.
Have a wonderful day Laurie.

Clint

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 11:38 AM

It's doing it again, I checked my addons and it might be due to the fact that the newest FF update isn't compatible with .NET framework, but that would just be a guess...sigh.

Laurie

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 12:24 PM

"Renderosity, however is a different story, what with the disabled spell checker and that you can't use your mouse to copy/paste in a message box and all kind of other annoying cra... I mean... features like that."

easy to fix.

goto Tools > Options > Content > Javascript Advanced > untick "Disable or replace context menus"

and you have full copy/paste, spellchecking etc back.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 12:25 PM

Quote - It's doing it again, I checked my addons and it might be due to the fact that the newest FF update isn't compatible with .NET framework, but that would just be a guess...sigh.

Laurie

MS put out an update to the .NET framework that allows you to disable / remove the FF addon. look under your Firefox addon's and you should be able to disable the addon or kill it. I'd just disable tho.

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 12:43 PM

Quote -

goto Tools > Options > Content > Javascript Advanced > untick "Disable or replace context menus"

Wow, that worked.
Thanks a lot!

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 12:48 PM

64 bit IE 8 for Windows 7 RC 1 x64 seems to be the slowest version of Internet Explorer yet. And it keeps pestering me with this "do you want to learn about new features" popup every time I open it.
No, I don't. I'm just glad it finally loads so I can use it for whatever I have to, and shut it back down. I couldn't care less what your new features are.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 12:49 PM

Quote - > Quote -

Wow, that worked.
Thanks a lot!

thank Nruddock - he put me onto that ;)

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 1:15 PM

Quote - > Quote - It's doing it again, I checked my addons and it might be due to the fact that the newest FF update isn't compatible with .NET framework, but that would just be a guess...sigh.

Laurie

MS put out an update to the .NET framework that allows you to disable / remove the FF addon. look under your Firefox addon's and you should be able to disable the addon or kill it. I'd just disable tho.

Nope, can't do anything with my addon. Grayed out :o(

Laurie

bonestructure ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 11:24 AM

My firefox just updated today, and I have no problems that I've noticed.

Though, I really do miss the old Netscape. Firefox is close, but not quite the same.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 1:22 PM

I don't know what happened to the site but everything here looks smaller than usual in FF. EI 7 looks fine

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 1:26 PM · edited Thu, 27 August 2009 at 1:27 PM

Possibly the new FF changed your settings or something. Hit ctrl + the plus symbol on the numeric keypad a few times and settle on a nice size and it will stay that way. Ctrl + minus symbol to decrease size.

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 1:32 PM

Thanks that worked, Why happened only here don't know

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

MikeJ ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 2:02 PM

Happens to me every now and then. Didn't happen this last update though. shrug

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 3:09 PM

Quote - Nope, can't do anything with my addon. Grayed out

If the addon is grayed out, that means it's not compatible with the browser version....might go to Mozilla and look for an addon that is similar or an updated one.

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 3:10 PM · edited Thu, 27 August 2009 at 3:10 PM

A friend was nice enough to help me out with that ;o). I cleaned out everything I could clean out and now everything seems to be working fine. So it turned out it was me, not the site...lol.

Laurie

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2009 at 11:53 AM

I miss my Fire fox browser but it started crashing and wouldn't stop.
I tried uninstalling it, cleaning the registry of a ll references and doing a clean re-install, still crashes on opening...sigh.

So now I have Flock.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Ardiva ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 1:18 AM

Quote - I miss my Fire fox browser but it started crashing and wouldn't stop.
I tried uninstalling it, cleaning the registry of a ll references and doing a clean re-install, still crashes on opening...sigh.

So now I have Flock.

Sweetie, have to tried going to the Mozilla Firefox forum for help?

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 4:05 AM

Quote - I tried uninstalling it, cleaning the registry of a ll references and doing a clean re-install, still crashes on opening...sigh.

Sounds like you also need to delete any Profiles as well (after exporting your bookmarks), so that you really are starting with a blank sheet.

Because this isn't anything obvious, you need to get someone to interpret the crash report.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 10:30 AM

Yes, and I was advised to get the latest version which had fixed this bug.
I downloaded and installed the latest version and this after I had to completely scrub and completely restore my HD.

So it was a fresh install but it did the same thing.
My daughter and my sister have the same problem on their computers with Firefox.

BTW: I didn't completely do a restore due to anything because of Firefox.
That was because my computer went crazy after an automatic download and install of update to system from Microsoft.
One of their security patches went wrong and my computer started keeping me from even opening my programs.
Kept giving as message that I didn't have permission to do that, even though I am the administrator of this machine!

I thought I had the auto updates disabled but they weren't...sigh.
I keep them disabled for sure now.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

brynna ( ) posted Sat, 12 September 2009 at 1:19 AM

Quote - easy to fix.

Will you marry me? :wub:

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 12 September 2009 at 10:40 AM

I think my wife would object...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.