Mon, Sep 30, 11:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrra 7 tutorials available

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 5:41 PM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 1:54 PM

Hi all,

For those interested, the Carrara7 Pro tutorials have finally been made available: http://www.markbremmer.com/3Bpages/carrara7Pro.html

If you'd like to get an understanding about 3D painting and how to UV map for it plus UV unwrapping and more, the tutorial series might be worth a look.

As always the first few sections are free so you can see if my style is a good fit for your learning needs. For advanced stuff, there's always the free Carrara Dark Arts series.

Mark

GKDantas ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 6:09 PM

Thanks Mark... look that we need to wait for the CDROM now too.

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

Thelby ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2009 at 8:02 AM

I'm on em!!!!!

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

ptsulli ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 3:25 PM

Mark; as usual, a very professional job(the parts I've seen anyway).  Well done.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 4:09 PM

mark, thanks for the excellent tutorials.

am I correct in assuming that, whilst spotlights will have their rays bounced off mirrors to illuminate surfaces behind walls, the spotlight's light cone will not be similarly bounced, even with 3D shadows and caustics enabled?

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 4:37 PM

file_439254.jpg

Hi Miss Nancy,

You are correct, caustics will bounce the light but not the light cone. (the light cone is a volumetric tied specifically to one light source and not the  scene - so it doesn't bounce too) The work-around is to duplicate the spot to opposite the main spot and invert the shadows.

Mark

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 12 September 2009 at 2:44 PM

o.k., thx fr info, mark.  a "virtual spotlight image".  the part I didn't know was inverting the shadow.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 10:41 AM

For those that are interested...

The online tutorials are available right  now. However, I just found out the DVDs are in "captioning" which means all of the tutorials are being sub-titled. It'll be a little longer for the physical tutorials I guess.

Mark

GKDantas ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 11:34 AM

Mark , they do the legends for other languages??

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2009 at 11:38 AM

I don't know...  It would be very nice though.

holyforest ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2010 at 6:04 PM

Mark,
international shipping for the dvds?

---------------------------------------
Holyforest,
Hundreds of shaders for Carrara

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 8:40 AM

Hi HF,

VTC handles all of the shipping and/or online delivery - I just do the talking!

I do know that they have fulfillment houses in the UK for Europe and one in Australia. I believe there are several others but couldn't tell you exactly where they are. I do know that I get questions from all around the world so I'm sure that they can be purchased.

Mark

holyforest ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 11:55 AM

Thank you Mark.
A near future investment for me :)

Holyforest,

restif ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2010 at 9:47 PM

i've learned a lot with these, I definitely recommend to anyone wanting a deeper look into carrara.

holyforest ( ) posted Sat, 03 April 2010 at 6:04 AM

I just received mine internationally shipping by mail ;)

Holyforest,

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.