Mon, Sep 23, 11:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 8:55 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Solid surface modeling with maya's nurbs tools.

ronviers ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2009 at 7:27 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 11:20 AM

Hi,
I put a series of videos online that show the modeling of a plastic coke bottle from beginning to end. The entire process took about three hours and forty minutes but I increased the playback speed on the mundane and redundant sections so the total play time is around two hours and fifteen minutes. I do not think anyone will want to watch all of it, so I have labeled the videos according to the shape being modeled. That way if someone needs to model a similar shape and is looking for ideas, then only parts of a video can be watched.
Criticism, suggestions or feedback of any kind is welcome.

airflamesred ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 3:20 AM

I'd be interested - is there a link?

ronviers ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 7:43 AM

Of course, sorry about that. Here  is the link. Be sure to leave annotations enabled.

Thanks

ronviers ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 9:45 AM

I decided to try one of these for myself - something I guess I should have done before. I realized that the size of the videos will be larger if you go to youtube and search for, nurbs coke bottle, then use the links that go directly to the videos. I'm not sure why that is but I will look into it.

airflamesred ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 11:34 AM · edited Wed, 23 September 2009 at 11:39 AM

I found them but nurbs to me are a complete mystery.
The bottle looks great.

ronviers ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 1:16 PM

They are mysterious to me as well. I expect they are to anyone without extensive training in math. But I don't mind, the science guys are great at writing interfaces for us normal people - as long as I can get them to make nice surfaces then I'm happy.
Btw, I'm just an enthusiastic hobbyist, so these videos would not provide a good foundation for nurbs training.

ronviers ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 3:23 PM

I have added a couple of renders and moved them all to their own album so I can free up the drop box.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.