Thu, Sep 19, 10:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: Toon Action Hero - Opinions?

bouncypig ( ) posted Sun, 04 October 2009 at 7:52 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:53 PM

file_440701.jpg

Hey, everybody! I'm still working on some original toon figures for Poser. This is the latest incarnation of Bruce. I'm looking for opinions. General impressions are great, and I am especially interested in what you guys think of his crazy square shoulders. I'm going for an animated hero kind of look, and I thought the shoulders fit, but I want more opinions. Thanks!

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 04 October 2009 at 8:00 PM

I'd exaggerate the body shape a bit more: broaden the chest, pump up the arms and thighs, push the shoulders out. Right now, he's a little too anime in look compared to your goal of an animated hero kind of look.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

bouncypig ( ) posted Sun, 04 October 2009 at 9:48 PM

file_440702.jpg

Here's another character, with more work to do yet. He's supposed to be the Hulk, freak-type big guy. Bruce is smaller to contrast with this guy. Maybe I should push them both a bit farther.

bouncypig ( ) posted Sun, 04 October 2009 at 9:53 PM

file_440703.jpg

...and while I'm at it. Here's Tim, the teen counterpart. Just to give a sense of proportion for the whole "family"

DarkStarBurning ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2009 at 6:09 AM

I like them :) They have that "Incredibles" feeling about them.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2009 at 3:10 PM

The shoulders work because you mirror the angular element in other parts of the character (forearms, shins) so yea I like it.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2009 at 7:21 AM

Looks pretty fun

bouncypig ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2009 at 6:48 AM

file_440806.jpg

Okay, here's a quick render of Bruce with a few of his scaling dials tweaked, to give him more "heroic" proportions.

pgtyner ( ) posted Thu, 15 October 2009 at 7:39 PM

I am telling you these guys are AWESOME!  They have the Incredibles feel or Batman Animated Adventures or the Spectacular Spiderman or the Teen Titans feel.....but also their own feel!

DarkEdge ( ) posted Thu, 15 October 2009 at 10:45 PM · edited Thu, 15 October 2009 at 10:46 PM

I like what you have so far.
My only critique would be for the Hulkish guy...the lats look like bat wings and the chest should be wider, also the neck should be thicker. jmo
Keep up the good work.

Comitted to excellence through art.

pgtyner ( ) posted Fri, 16 October 2009 at 6:55 AM

I actually like the look.....I don't think theey look wingish at all!  Are they exagerated a little yes but they are cartoon action figures.

Teyon ( ) posted Fri, 16 October 2009 at 9:22 AM

The hands may  need some work. They kind of look like claws in some of those shots.  It may be the thin fingers doing it. Speaking of volume - when increasing mass accross the body, you should include the hands, as they will look out of place if you don't. The muscular version's fingers seem untouched.

Other than that, it's great and a welcome addition! We need more toons! Down with pseudo-realism!

bouncypig ( ) posted Sat, 17 October 2009 at 12:45 PM

been working on Bruce quite a bit. Beefed up his hands, changed arm proportions, widened his chest, added some jcms.

Check out this video to see him in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3tMsFIo6OY

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 17 October 2009 at 1:29 PM

Looks fun. I always liked the Batman animated look and Incredibles. I think the thicker fingers help some.

Teyon ( ) posted Sat, 17 October 2009 at 5:48 PM

That looks much better. He'll make a good pal for my lightning man. Wish I could do the rest of my series...

bouncypig ( ) posted Sat, 17 October 2009 at 6:51 PM

Teyon, I'm a big fan of your work. I find your remark a bit cryptic. Do you have a series of figures to go with James Johnson? And why can't you do the rest? Is it a time issue, or something more sinister?

Teyon ( ) posted Sun, 18 October 2009 at 9:05 PM · edited Sun, 18 October 2009 at 9:07 PM

Thanks. It's mostly a time issue but yes, I never make just one character design, I always have a set of supporting characters in every design I create. I'm glad to see someone else stepping up though - and doing  a bang up job I might add! This guy looks like he would fit neatly in that world. You really captured the look and feel you were going for! Well done!

Edit: Meant to say I love the way you captured the shoulders - it was a sore spot for me that we couldn't get them as angular as I'd envisioned once bent but you managed it. :)

wespose ( ) posted Tue, 20 October 2009 at 3:35 PM

I love these characters ..downloaded both barbera and bruce. cant wait to get a hold of a uv map...i guess now would be a good time for me to get the whole unwrapping and pinning thing in blender down huh!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.