Sat, Aug 3, 2:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 31 8:13 pm)

Subject: Ahhhhhh Freak out! (Again!)

Einzelganger ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2009 at 10:17 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 10:35 PM

Hey all,

Got my hot sticky little mits on she freak and have a question :D
in the docs its says-

"Get creative! You can mix and match her morphs with Victoria 4.2 Morphs++, Aiko 4 and the Girl 4 for unlimited versatility."

however i cant get em to work or even load, it says loading and it chews away at the HD but no extra dials appear.

i tried loading she freak 4 then applying the morphs i also tried loading V4 and applying she freak and then the rest.
the ones i am trying to apply are v4.2++ and the girl4
am i being a doofus? is there something i should be doing? any help appreciated.

Einzy.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2009 at 12:44 PM

I am not sure if this is a glitch which I haven't pursued.  I have seen this happen with V4 Morph++ and the Creature pack combination.  

grichter ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2009 at 1:44 PM

Typically Daz has this init program you have to run once every time you add something like the SheFreak to 4 series characters. Did you run the init program after you installed. Granted I am guessing as I do not have the package. But A4 and TG4 and other DAZ morph add ons required it being run.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Einzelganger ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2009 at 2:47 PM

yeah i did, it seemed to work ok.

johnjdesigns ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2009 at 2:58 PM

For me I had to first load the She-Freak 4 cr2 and then load the V4 morphs. The She Freak morphs would not load into a regular V4 cr2

JohnJDesigns - Digital Fabrics for 3D
Commercial Portfolio
Poser Art Portfolio
Renderosity Store

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2009 at 4:52 PM

as long as your V4 and SF are loaded into the same Runtime directory (the base poser one) then you should be fine.

You must run the EXP initialization thingy or not all the parts will be there for the scripts to pick up properly

if you are using a re-saved to library v4 cr2 all her scripts to refresh morphs are gone. You will need to start with a fresh one.  in the DAZ people fodler the v4.2 cr2 has a whole pile of scripts that activate on load ..this is what picks up any changes in the !DAZ folder made by the EXP installation process.  If you're V4 has been resaved, or is in a different place or if the !DAZ folder is in the wrong place .. then nothing will work properly

I have had no issues with V4 + shefreak4 + morphs plus + Creature + muscle + Girl4 + A4 + Elite + Vittorio in poser 6  (of course then poser ran away and hid...huge filesize)

Lyrra

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2009 at 5:07 PM · edited Fri, 02 October 2009 at 5:09 PM

Um..yeah...she freak. So what is the difference between SF4 and using the V4 muscle morphs?
I mean that is what all these dials and morph packs were for right or just something to fill and already over full runtime folder with?

My Facebook Page

Doran ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2009 at 3:47 AM

NO, they're for making more money ;)

modus0 ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2009 at 10:26 AM · edited Sat, 03 October 2009 at 10:27 AM

file_440619.png

> Quote - Um..yeah...she freak. So what is the difference between SF4 and using the V4 muscle morphs? > I mean that is what all these dials and morph packs were for right or just something to fill and already over full runtime folder with?

1: There are scaling morphs for her upper body, feet, and hands which aren't in any other V4 pack, though I imagine that like Freak 4, they won't apply to clothing properly in Poser.

2: She really does have a different body shape than that attainable by the V4 muscle morphs. The attached picture shows V4 with Beefy set to 1 on the left, with She-Freak 4 on the right.

So it's not [i]just[/i] an attempt at getting more money, but an expansion on available resources for creating unique characters using V4.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

modus0 ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2009 at 10:30 AM

file_440620.png

Here's another with V4 set to Olympian.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2009 at 11:39 AM

From a content creators point of view

SheFreak has 4 body shapes, made of one morph each. very easy to support.

V4 muscle morphs has 8? or so FBM shapes .. all of which are built up of other morphs (morphs++ and muscle morphs). To support the V4 muscle set the content creator has to make from 12-52 morphs.  And in the various overdialed and negatively dialed combinations required.

That would explain the scarcity of clothing supporting the v4 muscle set.

So I think you may see more support for SF4 for that reason. Also .. I think she's sexier :) 

SF4 is more of a fantasy, heroic figure suitable for superhero and fantasy images. V4 muscle is a very realistic muscularity set. So it really depends what look you prefer.

Lyrra

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2009 at 1:16 PM

Thank you!

My Facebook Page

Doran ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2009 at 7:48 PM · edited Mon, 05 October 2009 at 7:50 PM

I was Joking Motus0, lighten up. And, just for your information, they are for making money. It's called... wait for it... "b-u-s-i-n-e-s-s". Daz Productions is not a charity, giving their models away in an attempt to save the world. It's a "p-r-o-d-u-c-t" you see, designed to... wait for it, wait for it... "m-a-k-e   m-o-n-e-y"... oooooooo... aaaaaahhhhhh. cough! gasp!

So turn that frown upside down and don't take it so seriously.

Still just kidding, don't blow a gasket!

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 12:43 AM

file_440856.jpg

Actually, I made She-Freak 4 because I wanted to make a really strong figure, a little freakish, but still pretty attractive. I'm mostly known for male morphs and gender switching morphs, and this was a chance to revisit the whole strong female thing.

Also, I'd did She-Freak 2, and I've learned a LOT since then. It was my chance to try out some new ideas.

sigh And while the money is nice, I would have made a TON more, I think, if I'd have released my Midsummer Night's Dream set. I could have brokered it, and I always make more when I broker. Midsummer has slipped by, but I'm still working on the set(s). Daz owned the name "She-Freak", so it had to be a buyout. I'm happy about that though, since it got into Platinum Club and more people could get her cheap :)

I only did 4 base morphs, but I wanted them to work well with other morph packages. The nice thing about the generation 4 figures is the way everything can be combined. I'm really fond of mixing a little Aiko 4 with SF4. and maybe a tad of Girl 4.. You get a really neat cartoonish heroine.

I also wanted to keep the number of morphs down, and designed in such a way, that it would be easy for clothing makers to fit things to her.

Originally, I wasn't going to do the upper body scaling. But I thought I'd try it and see how it'd look. Wow. The expanded upper body really added some "Oomf" to the SF4 look. It's tough to get clothing to fit the scaling in Poser, but DS handles it fine. I did plan on the hand and feet scaling though. It's pretty traditional in the whole Freak line.

The faces were fun. Some are a bit more Freaky than others, but I tried to get all of them to be attractive. I was going for the whole "Strong and Sexy" thing.

Oh, and I've done the first freebie for SF4.

http://home.comcast.net/~pdxjims/SF4JadeDragon.zip

There will be another this weekend. You guys know I ALWAYS do freebies for my morph sets. I'm moving a little slow right now, but they're coming!

Anyway, I hope you guys like my big, beautiful lady.

Klebnor ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 8:14 AM

What is the freebie?  I'm afraid JadeDragon isn't all that descriptive.  A dress, a weapon, a companion, a restaurant, a jewel, a gang tattoo?

Inquiring minds want to know, before they download.

Thanks and nice work on SF4.

Klebnor

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

FalseBogus ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 8:29 AM · edited Thu, 08 October 2009 at 8:30 AM

Quote - What is the freebie? 

The green thing you see in the post above....

Klebnor ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 10:53 AM

Do you mean the texture?  The green thing looks a lot like She Freak 4.

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 11:30 AM

The texture set for She Freak 4 is the freebie. I made both She-Freak 4 and the Jade Dragon texture.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.