Tue, Oct 22, 5:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Android - the Graphic Novel

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 8:03 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:41 AM

Hi, everybody. 

I've been working on a graphic novel for the web. Well, I've finished the first two installments and I've posted them to a website, and I'd like for you to read it now and share your thoughts with me.

Here's the Synopsis: 
*The time is fifty years in the future. Accused and framed for a murder she didn't commit, a robot, unique even among her own kind is condemned to be destroyed. She escapes with the help of her creator's twelve year old daughter. Now, they are both hunted and pursued by the police who want to destroy her and a ruthless Corporation that wants to learn her secrets, she must fight not only to survive, but to keep safe the girl she is programmed to protect. *

Credits: 
*Starring as: 
Rachel............................Victoria 3 
Loretta Durbin.................. Laura 3 
Kathy Durbin....................Victoria 4.2 
Charles Durbin/ Vincent Lockhart/ Det. Dennis Powell.................. Michael 3 
Ian Green......................... P6 James 
Ms. Lennox....................... P6 Jessi
Colonel............................ G2 James *

And featuring props and content from DAZ 3D, including the RedHouse Dream Home, Content Paradise, Renderosity, Poserworks and well, just about everybody who makes 3D content for the community. My thanks to you all. All rendered with Poser.

The website is: http://clark.freehostia.com . 

All of the other pages are under construction. And the first two installments are up. Installment #3 will be up in two weeks. 

Please let me know what you think.

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 9:24 AM

I had a quick look, and I just had to finish the first chapter before going to do some shopping - gripping stuff!

but now I'm in a hurry and will come back later for a longer look...

One thing - can you put a link back to the chapter index page, please? The only way I could get back was to use my browser history, or come back here and re-open the page.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

fls13 ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 10:05 AM

I love this, great job!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 11:07 AM

Quote - I had a quick look, and I just had to finish the first chapter before going to do some shopping - gripping stuff!

but now I'm in a hurry and will come back later for a longer look...

One thing - can you put a link back to the chapter index page, please? The only way I could get back was to use my browser history, or come back here and re-open the page.

Sorry, unforrtunately that's a weakness of the software I used; Comic Life.

Glad you like what you've read so far!

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 12:21 PM

Ok! I'm hooked! What's next?!?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 2:54 PM

Quote - Ok! I'm hooked! What's next?!?

Come back in two weeks for part three!

ghonma ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 4:33 PM

Amazing work ! Can't wait for the next part 😄

TheOwl ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 8:35 PM

I love the "toaster" part. And that detective is so unprofessional and an ass. Hurry! Part 3!

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 10:22 PM · edited Sun, 15 June 2008 at 10:24 PM

Quote - > Quote - Ok! I'm hooked! What's next?!?

Part 3?!? Where's Part 2? It ended with him on the couch and I didn't see any Part 2 links.....

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 2:09 AM

It looks really good but for me it would be easier to read offline with each chapter as a separate pdf file, any chance you'll consider that for later on?

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 8:06 AM

Liked the style and the movement of the story, but everyone looks the same. It wouldn't take much to make some changes in their faces. Looks like they're all brothers or sisters, it's a bit distracting. Also I don't know how it opens on other browsers but on my I.E. it opened with  the bottom panel first so I agree with the pdf idea. Other than that excellent job!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 8:54 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Ok! I'm hooked! What's next?!?

Part 3?!? Where's Part 2? It ended with him on the couch and I didn't see any Part 2 links.....

There should be a link there that says Installment #2. Click on that. The images are supposed to also be links.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 9:00 AM

Quote - Liked the style and the movement of the story, but everyone looks the same. It wouldn't take much to make some changes in their faces. Looks like they're all brothers or sisters, it's a bit distracting. Also I don't know how it opens on other browsers but on my I.E. it opened with  the bottom panel first so I agree with the pdf idea. Other than that excellent job!

Thanks. i'll look into the .pdf file for downloading.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 12:12 PM · edited Mon, 16 June 2008 at 12:21 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Ok! I'm hooked! What's next?!?

There should be a link there that says Installment #2. Click on that. The images are supposed to also be links.

That's totally weird! The link for Installment 2 isn't showing up in IE 7 but I found it using Firefox. Went back to IE and moused over that area and saw the link showing up in my status bar but it just wasn't showing on the page.

Ok I got to page 18 of Installment 2 and that was the last page that would load in image.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 1:34 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Ok! I'm hooked! What's next?!?

That's totally weird! The link for Installment 2 isn't showing up in IE 7 but I found it using Firefox. Went back to IE and moused over that area and saw the link showing up in my status bar but it just wasn't showing on the page.

Ok I got to page 18 of Installment 2 and that was the last page that would load in image.

Page 18 is the last page. Yours is the first browser problem I've heard about.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 2:16 PM

Yeah I realised that when I actually paid attention and saw the "To be Continued" text box. Still, it shouldn't be having a next button for more pages if they don't exist. The first chapter didn't do that. Anywho, aside from nit picking you to death, I love the story. 😉

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 2:40 PM · edited Mon, 16 June 2008 at 2:42 PM

Quote - Yeah I realised that when I actually paid attention and saw the "To be Continued" text box. Still, it shouldn't be having a next button for more pages if they don't exist. The first chapter didn't do that. Anywho, aside from nit picking you to death, I love the story. 😉

You're right. that was a java script error that has just been fixed.Still working on the .pdf file thing. I can create a .pdf file, just can't see anything.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 4:27 PM

Okay, Mange to work out the .pdf thing. Now as soon as I can figure out how to create a download link for you, you can save the .pdf files to your desktop and read at your leisure.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2008 at 1:35 PM

For those of you who are keeping up with the story, Installment #3 of Android is now up at http://clark.freehostia.com. I hope you're enjoying the story so far. Installment #4 should be up in 2 weeks. I hope. 8^)

For those of you who asked about .pdf files, the ones this thing puts out are massive, so it's to be a while before I can get them out. Trust me I'm working on it.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 8:03 PM · edited Sun, 06 July 2008 at 8:06 PM

As promised, you can now download .pdf files of each issue of Android to read off line. Just go to http://clark.freehostia.com and click on the link of the issue(s) you wish to download.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2008 at 10:17 PM

Hi, everybody. Installment #4 of Android is up. I hope you're all enjoying the story so far. The website is: http://clark.freehostia.com . All of the other pages are under construction. I'm hard at work on installment #5. We now have PDF files available if you'd like to read them off line. Just follow the links to download them. Please let me know what you think.

Also, when you're on the download site, feel free to download some poses for Michael and V4 as well.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2008 at 5:37 PM

file_412627.jpg

Hi, everybody.

Installment #5 of Android is up. I hope you're all enjoying the story so far.

The website is: http://clark.freehostia.com .

All of the other pages are under construction. I'm hard at work on installment #6.

We now have PDF files available if you'd like to read them off line. Just follow the links to download them.

Please let me know what you think.

Also, I planning to start notifying people via email when each new issue is up, or any new works I'm doing come out. Each email will have a link to the website and to the latest PDF file for download. If this is something you think you might be interesting in getting, please email me at eclark1849@yahoo.com.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 17 October 2009 at 5:32 PM

file_441398.jpg

Wow, has it really been 5 whole issues since I last posted here?

Anyway, wanted to let anyone who is following the story know that Issue #10 is out and on-line right now, as well as a .PDF version for people to download for reading offline.

This also marks the end of the current story arc. But for now I do plan to continue publishing Android, but I may be making a few changes in upcoming issues.

nekkidchikken ( ) posted Sat, 17 October 2009 at 9:10 PM

As the closing credits roll, I stand and burst into thunderous applause!

Superb work here. Read parts 1 - 10 and don't know how I ever missed this before. Excellent work, Mr. Clark. You have an eye for detail, great skill in developing plot lines, dialogue and drama. You also have great skills with Poser! And a very good sense of humor at just the right places.

Look forward to more of your works.

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 17 October 2009 at 10:45 PM

Bravo, Earl!

I look forward to the next story!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 18 October 2009 at 12:06 AM

I am also starting work on a comic and have some samples that I played around a bit with in the galleries to get opinions on the style.  But here's one thing I have only thought of since then.
Most screens are wider than they are long.  But comic pages are the opposite shape.  And yet if you were to make a comic wide and not so high then it would be hard to follow it across I think as we all are used to looking from top down really.
What to other's think about panel layout on computers?
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 18 October 2009 at 12:08 AM

forgot to say - I too love the android series.  I have been following it for some months now.

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 18 October 2009 at 11:15 AM · edited Sun, 18 October 2009 at 11:16 AM

Comics run side-to-side in the Sunday paper,so it should work...

Actually, you could set up two html pages using the same images and leave the choice to the reader.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 18 October 2009 at 11:08 PM

a lot of panels run into each other and overlap to help the story - so it would be quite a bit of work doing it 2 ways - but interesting idea - i might play with that one.
love esther

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 18 October 2009 at 11:11 PM

Esther, that's why I've chose to use the panels per page method that I employ. I don't lock myself into that box though.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 18 October 2009 at 11:18 PM

I don't understand - what do you mean by panels per page?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2009 at 12:38 AM

If you look at my comic, you'll see that the average page has two panels on it, 800 by 500 pixels. I like doing it this way because I originally bought Poser to storyboard my screenplays that I write.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2009 at 1:08 AM

Oh I seem to remember it had more - no I remember now, the panels are large to see properly and then you don't see both of them at once on a screen and have to do scrolling. I sometimes accidentally missed your panels because I was paging down.
Love esther

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2009 at 7:11 AM · edited Mon, 19 October 2009 at 7:12 AM

It may have something to do with your screens resolution then. I can see the whole page on my screen, which has it's resolution set at 1280 x 960.

That works for me and I have to do less scrolling.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2009 at 7:20 AM

you could well be right.
Love esther

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 31 October 2009 at 5:06 AM · edited Sat, 31 October 2009 at 5:07 AM

file_442186.jpg

Okay, things are getting pretty rough out here in the real world, and so I may have to have my internet service interrupted for a brief period. With that though in mind, and since I've already finished issue #11 I've decided to go ahead and post this issue on the web. It's already up and running fine with no problem that I can find, so enjoy. As always a PDF file is available for downloading. Issue #12 is in the works and I'll post it when I can. Thanks for reading my graphic novel everyone!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.