Sat, Jul 20, 8:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 26 1:13 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: So who's still here that i know?

drawbridgep ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 6:14 PM · edited Wed, 17 July 2024 at 8:14 PM

Boo!

Did I scare ya?   Of course most of you don't know me.  And why would you?  And those who would remember are probably more addle brained than when I last posted.

Anyway, I was just skimming forums and was pleased how many name I remember and wanted to say hey!

Makes me want to dust off Bryce and do something.  So what did I miss? 

Is the August challenge still running and do i have time to win  ? ;-)

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 6:49 PM
Forum Moderator

Take a look at the red text up there, Phil. ;-)

However, you'll be in time for the September Challenge if you sticka round some.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 7:18 PM

Hey Phil !
;o)

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

jedswindells ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 7:32 PM

Hi Phil,we are all here! and glad to hear from you!

Cheers! Jed

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 7:42 PM

With the slightly odd new old-timers like me...'bout time you did some Brycin' I'd say.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

max- ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 9:28 PM

Hey, I,m still here, but not that much.  When Bryce 7.5 comes out, and I get a new 16 core pc with 64 GB ram, I just may start churning out a whole new batch of renderings.

"An Example is worth Ten Thousand Words"

kiwi_gg ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2009 at 10:06 PM

Me too. Good to have you drop in.

Cheers
GG

WHO said Kiwi's can't Fly ?????

orbital ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 2:46 AM

Hello Mr Drawbridge, actually I do stalk you from time to time. I stumbled across your blog ages ago and every now and then have a read. Quite amusing reading, especially when comparing your englishism's (is that a word?) to your adopted home.
I'd love you to do a bit of Brycing, we coulod do with all the support we need as we try to prop up our stagnant friend.

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

RodsArt ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 4:25 AM

Good to hear from you Phil,

Yeah, I'm still lurkin about. I'm in the process of a complete workstation overhaul after trying my hand at some commerce projects. I lost over 70 gigs of stuff on one drive so I figured it's time to clean up before moving ahead. I still have notify on for most everyones gallery postings, though a quick peek is all the time I get. Good to see lots of you fellow dino-brycers still posting, and once the system is back in swing I will be doing a bit of Bryce work to hammer the limits of the machine.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 9:48 AM
Forum Moderator

Now we see who the real lurkers are!!!!

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

dhama ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 1:28 PM

Hi Phil, we don't really know each other but I am curious, how does one get more than one gallery here? The last time I asked, I was told by admin that it wasn't permitted to have more than one gallery. Has that changed now? I would like to start galleries again for Bryce and photographic.

vangogh ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 5:23 PM

Hey Phil....good  to hear from you after all this time. I sure would like to see you do some Brycing again as I always enjoyed your work in Bryce. hope you do get the Bryce bug again.

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 05 September 2009 at 6:13 PM

I've never known when to leave the party...;) nice to see you back.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Johny2 ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 6:54 AM

I'm new here. Of course you don't know me. :D

skiwillgee ( ) posted Mon, 07 September 2009 at 10:21 AM

Hello, Phil.  I'm still an "also ran."  I followed you some when you started using Carrara  to see your awesome Sci-Fi images and models.  Please hang around a bit, would you?  It is good to have the masters assembling here again. 

Now where is Draculaz and the other rendergods?

drawbridgep ( ) posted Mon, 07 September 2009 at 10:22 AM

Just started my first real bryce render in a while.

So, can someone remind me what it means when I get...

8:15:49:06  as the render time after the first pass?

I'm not even using lights.  Just a lot of glass, reflections, IBL and DOF.  Shouldn't be that much of a CPU cruncher.    I'd forgotton what my computer sounds like with all it's fans going full tilt trying to cool it down.

Here it is after an hour.
How long?!

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

drawbridgep ( ) posted Mon, 07 September 2009 at 10:24 AM

Rendergods is still going.   I was in there this morning, but they started playing a game and I didn't have any CPU power to spare.    Drac is being very political.  I subscribe to his blog, but my Romanian isn't as good as it once was.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

skiwillgee ( ) posted Mon, 07 September 2009 at 10:34 AM · edited Mon, 07 September 2009 at 10:35 AM

Thanks for the speedy reply.  Turn the IBL quality way down on that render to under 50%.  The final outcome will be only slightly effected but render times get a good kick in the butt. 

Right now you are looking at a week of render time.  Or, other option is to add a volume mat and watch your cpu nuke itself.  You have all the buttons pushed to find out just how long "forever" really is.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Mon, 07 September 2009 at 10:41 AM

:-)  I set IBL quality to the first bar.  maybe 1%.  

Sorry, I was being slightly sarcastic with my question.  I know all too well what the figures mean.

To be honest, this render is probably already dead.  I could do it in "a certain other package" I use in about 5 minutes.

This has reminded me a lot of why I shifted.  Bryce's interface and creating the setup is very much fun.  But the actual rendering is a killer.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 07 September 2009 at 11:50 AM
Forum Moderator

(Looks longingly at a comfy chair and wonders if a certain someone will use a certain other package.)

drawbridgep ( ) posted Mon, 07 September 2009 at 11:52 AM

Aren't you mod of the Vue forum?

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

orbital ( ) posted Mon, 07 September 2009 at 1:11 PM

It's all part of the master plan to brainwash them into using Bryce.

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 07 September 2009 at 2:09 PM
Forum Moderator

@Orbital.

Ang25 ( ) posted Mon, 07 September 2009 at 2:37 PM

Hi Ya Phil,
I'm still lurking.

max- ( ) posted Mon, 07 September 2009 at 8:43 PM

If we don't get a substantial upgrade for Bryce soon, I swear I'm gonna pull all the stuffing out of my teddy bear!

.....I'm serious, I'll do it!

"An Example is worth Ten Thousand Words"

hyperborea ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2009 at 7:56 AM

Hello Phil

It was nice to see you popping up after such a long time. We've been lurking this forum now and then and also wondered what happened to the  'old' guys and girls.

There were some significant changes in our private life which forced us to follow some different paths. Still using Bryce and as most of the people here waiting for some bug-fixes.

All the best to you and everyone on this great forum.

Willem and Madeleine

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2009 at 1:39 PM

I'm still here also Phil...nice to have you drop by.

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 08 September 2009 at 2:08 PM

you may laugh, but I remember someone doing an 8-day render of the Nautilus, back in the day...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Nukeboy ( ) posted Wed, 09 September 2009 at 6:31 PM

Hey, Phil!  Good to have you drop by; tea and crumpets, anyone?

Ang25 ( ) posted Wed, 09 September 2009 at 6:36 PM

Tea and Crumpets sounds devine. None of that Clotted stuff Phil likes for me tho.

erosiaart ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2009 at 7:27 AM

Nukeboy! Yup..tea and crumpets..lets all meet up! 
ang25.. you need the clotted cream! and the strawberries, and the jam! And not to mention bangers and mash for high tea later on with potato jackets.
Phil.. good to see you here..though keep seeing you on fb at times..

pumeco ( ) posted Sat, 12 September 2009 at 8:21 AM

I remember Phil, he used to have crabs - mechanical ones I mean :biggrin:

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 12 September 2009 at 1:54 PM
Forum Moderator

Nah! That was lobsters.

UVDan ( ) posted Sun, 20 September 2009 at 2:21 AM
Forum Moderator

Hi Phil.  Where were you incarcerated at?:huh:

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sun, 20 September 2009 at 7:47 AM

Quote - It's all part of the master plan to brainwash them into using Bryce.

Noep, we're converting him to Vue!! Muhaha!! ;)

*It is by the juice of CPU that renders acquire speed, the renders require radiosity, the render progress bar becomes a warning. It is by  quad cores alone I keep my plans in motion!

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 20 September 2009 at 9:56 AM
Forum Moderator

(Yawns)

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sun, 20 September 2009 at 10:43 AM

Damn, he's even immune to Guiness and sheep enticements! :p

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

embou ( ) posted Sun, 27 September 2009 at 10:46 AM

Hey Phil...
Love your sight and they way it is setup..Bravo!

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2009 at 6:03 PM · edited Tue, 29 September 2009 at 6:03 PM

DOH!!! how did I miss this post? Hi Phil!!! :) I remember you :).

I lost my way to Rendergods.. can you refresh my memory in a PM?

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2009 at 7:15 AM

Hey Phil!  Long time no see, I can't wait to see what you're gonna render this time.

I'd also love to know what you're using to do your galleries on your website, and does it cost much?

(I'm re-doing my own website at the moment, see)

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Azraelll ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2009 at 8:41 AM

yo

Incarnadine ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2009 at 11:06 AM

Lurk, lurk!
Hi there Phil. I still stop in here every now and then.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

TwistedBolt ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2009 at 8:58 PM

Man, remember the late 90's when bryce was still not so bad at render speed compared to others? Is bryce still the "gateway drug" to the 3d world?

I eat babies.

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 20 October 2009 at 7:42 AM
Forum Moderator

Bryce IS the 3D world.

waldomac ( ) posted Tue, 20 October 2009 at 2:36 PM

Hola. Still here, just not turning out much Bryce these days. :)

John

Dennisld ( ) posted Wed, 28 October 2009 at 12:24 PM

Hello Phil

Seems such a long time ago since a certain Art Gallery came up against a certain Crystal Palace in a certain competition on this noble parish!

Must be years since I last used Bryce and surfing the net, as you do, logged on to 'Rosity to see who's still about and hey presto! your monica comes up on the first Forum page. I have attempted one or two images the last few days and find I have l completely lost the ability to recall which buttons to press, possibley due to senile dementia (which I share with the Welshman via ancestral genes), so it's going to take a year or two to get back in the swing. I never was very productive.

Inspiration was totally lost about three years ago when I got divorced after a thirty year marriage, having to sell the house (and split the money) and find somewhere else to live. Thankfully, at the time, I was given refuge, and the use of the sofa by a good friend who lived in a  council flat (remember those?). Unfortunately, he upped and died on me three months later from just about every disease known to affect the chest. Hasn't been too glorious since either, I now have more than a nodding familiarity with the staff at the crematorium!

Still, I may be over the worst of it if all I have to worry about now is Bryce render times.

See you around......................Dennis

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.