Sun, Oct 6, 6:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: OT nothing todo with Poser, but this is fantastic art in the making

beos53 ( ) posted Wed, 21 October 2009 at 8:31 PM · edited Thu, 26 September 2024 at 8:45 PM

Attached Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOhf3OvRXKg

this is about 8 1/2 minutes long, but WELL worth the watch.

Steve

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 21 October 2009 at 9:03 PM

very cool .amazing

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

KimberlyC ( ) posted Wed, 21 October 2009 at 10:08 PM

oh i know. I saw this a few days ago. I had to watch it to the end. It is amazing :)

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 22 October 2009 at 1:34 AM

It is amazing.  But I think I missed something!  I saw people in the audience crying.... not sure what that was about.

Also, after the park bench scene she seemed to change it to something else.  I didn't really "see" a picture in whatever else she was supposed to be creating right after that.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

carodan ( ) posted Thu, 22 October 2009 at 4:32 AM

I think the idea is that she's telling a story with the images she creates. The images organically grow and change as the story progresses. The story was probably something emotive (hence the people in audience crying). Nice stuff.

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 22 October 2009 at 5:16 AM

Well if you look at the blob where the people were sitting you should see a crying woman's face.

Anthanasius ( ) posted Thu, 22 October 2009 at 5:17 AM

Already posted it semble ...

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 22 October 2009 at 8:40 AM

Quote - I think the idea is that she's telling a story with the images she creates. The images organically grow and change as the story progresses. The story was probably something emotive (hence the people in audience crying). Nice stuff.

Ahhh! Ok. Then I totally missed the entire concept.  I thought she was just making random images.

Very talented though.  I never dreamed you could actually draw with sand.

carodan ( ) posted Thu, 22 October 2009 at 8:50 AM

I wish there was a version with the spoken narrative translated into English - I think there's a lot more going on here (a cultural narrative) than first meets the eye.

ZigZag321 ( ) posted Thu, 22 October 2009 at 10:21 AM

I thought she was using something like a coffee table, touchscreen computer at first.

Really incredible.

tvining ( ) posted Thu, 22 October 2009 at 4:05 PM

It's emotional for this Ukrainian audience because it depicts events of World War II, during which nearly 1/4 of the people were killed when Germany invaded (hence the airplanes and fire/destruction). Note the "1945" at the end.

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 22 October 2009 at 4:51 PM · edited Thu, 22 October 2009 at 4:53 PM

Absolutely amazing!  Thanks for sharing this :)
(I wanted to add....even without the translation...am I the only one who got teary eyed at the piece she was creating while the orchestra was playing Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters"?)

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 22 October 2009 at 6:50 PM

Quote -  Absolutely amazing!  Thanks for sharing this :)
(I wanted to add....even without the translation...am I the only one who got teary eyed at the piece she was creating while the orchestra was playing Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters"?)

Hmmm. I didn't have my sound on, so maybe that's why I completely missed it.

I'll listen again later.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 22 October 2009 at 7:28 PM

The sound and music is half o9f the experience. Without it, it probably won't have the same impact.

As for the concept and storyline.. it says so in the YouTube notes right beside it :) It gives a brief explanation of who she is and what she's doing.

Search Youtube for Sand Painting. There's a LOT of them, most of them very nice :) 

National Geographic Channel had some they used as breaks about a year ago.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 22 October 2009 at 7:56 PM

I definitely agree...it's as if she dances with the sand.  It really is breathtaking :)

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

carodan ( ) posted Thu, 22 October 2009 at 8:28 PM

Quote -
As for the concept and storyline.. it says so in the YouTube notes right beside it :) It gives a brief explanation of who she is and what she's doing.

Doh!! That's what happens when you fail to click the 'more...' in the notes.

ziggie ( ) posted Fri, 23 October 2009 at 9:36 AM

Sure were a lot of people in the audience got sand in their eyes...

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

beos53 ( ) posted Sat, 24 October 2009 at 12:37 PM

When I first saw this i was lazily watching it and I thought it was interesting, I didn't even think how or if each drawing fit together until I saw the date at the end. I re-watched it again and was really impressed

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 24 October 2009 at 12:49 PM

I listened again with the sound on.  Now I see what people were so weepy :(  I found myself weepy too!

I'm part Ukrainian and I'm ashamed to admit that I know next to nothing about their history.  :(

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Mon, 26 October 2009 at 4:51 AM

That was inspiring and awesome. I could tell from her actions, her body language it wasn't random. She told a story in real time by sand painting.  I never imagined it was even possible to do.  Life IS filled with the unimaginable.

That had to be one of the most moving (literally) stories about World War two I have ever seen.  Thank you for posting this.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.