Sat, Sep 7, 8:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 30 7:31 am)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Summery Christmas Please

PandaB5 ( ) posted Tue, 20 October 2009 at 4:26 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 8:38 AM

When everyone's done with halloween and start thinking about christmas ...

It's spring now in the Southern Hemisphere and christmas here is summer and generally hot ... any vendors feel like making a summer father christmas outfit or christmas backgrounds without snow - that reflects summer / spring weather? Because it doesn't snow here (not even in winter) but especially not at Christmas when we'd be in our bathing suits swimming or outside in the hot hot weather. 

Then you can send your poser people on holiday to Africa or Australia for Christmas and they can also enjoy the summer weather and the outdoors while you're freezing ...

Please?

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 21 October 2009 at 3:40 AM

Well... all my year-end holidays are spent in hot humid tropics or  dry hot deserts - so I will support your request !!

More hot weather year-end holiday styles or gear would be great.

Eternal Hobbyist

fractalartist01 ( ) posted Sun, 01 November 2009 at 2:38 AM

Attached Link: My Renderosity Storefront

**Dear PandaB5 & Infinity10,

I am currently working on a set of Photoshop layer styles that might just help you out-if you happen to use layer styles.
Now whether the staff will accept them or not is a whole other matter! lol

Recently, I read some other requests on this same forum for more 'owls' and more png file products.

Well, I figured that since my seamless overlays do fairly well here, I would design some seamless owl overlays in png format.

Unfortunately, the staff said that they didn't think they would sell. :)

So, the reason for this reply is to let you know that some vendors are reading your requests and are trying to help you out- in the best way we might individually know how-even though you might not ever get to see the end result.

Good Luck,
Roberta/fractalartist01**

PandaB5 ( ) posted Sun, 01 November 2009 at 3:25 AM

Thank you Roberta.

I personally don't use Photoshop but have Photoshop elements and if something is sold in simple layers I use that to just convert them to .png - if they're in grouped layers or brushes I cannot use / buy the product.

But there are some other sellers of content that are more "picture" friendly than Renderosity, only they don't have forums. Perhaps you should try the competition - you'll see a lot of overlap between vendors and clients in all the different stores.

mystikel ( ) posted Mon, 02 November 2009 at 8:56 PM

Quote -
I personally don't use Photoshop but have Photoshop elements and if something is sold in simple layers I use that to just convert them to .png - if they're in grouped layers or brushes I cannot use / buy the product.

Hiya Panda :D

Have you try this free program (abrviewer)? it converts brushes into .png or .jpg images so that you can use them in you chosen program. Well worth a look at :D

mystikel- 2D resources.

PandaB5 ( ) posted Tue, 03 November 2009 at 3:20 AM

Thank you Mystikel!

That is so awesome. I'd never even thought to look for a programme to convert them but I downloaded it, tried it - worked like magic ...

Wow!

Thank you!

mystikel ( ) posted Tue, 03 November 2009 at 4:05 AM

I agree it's a great little program :D

Happy to inform you about it :D

Kelly

mystikel- 2D resources.

dread_siren ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2009 at 3:25 AM

will try and see if I can get summer Christmas right, lol! so what program do you use if you dont mind me asking, might explain why some of my products dont sell very well (have a habit of using complex psd files even though I work with paintshop pro) I am kind of a hermit so I dont get to talk much to other artists other than online, is the png preferred over the psd then?

PandaB5 ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2009 at 5:05 AM

Hi

I use Serif DrawPlus X3 - it's an affordable graphics programme with lots of features.

I prefer .png format. DrawPlus can import a .psd file if it's a single file as a picture file but it's not foolproof. 

have Photoshop elements and if it is on .psd layers I simply use that programme to convert them to .png so that I can use them in my web programme or drawplus (and I must really really want the product to go through all that effort!) If there are two similar products I'll always pick the one in .png format.

But eitiher Photoshop Elements 7 can't convert grouped layers or I have no idea how to do that - I can only use simple layers.

And since Mystikel told me about ABRViewer I bought some of her brushes and the conversion there is less than 5 minutes and have been successfully using them in DrawPlus and on WebPlus. Only warning here - brushes need to be below 165 brushes because the programme seems to crash with a larger file size. (Could also be my pc but I don't think so.)

But you may want to ask this on a more general forum because this would just be my personal opinion based on my personal preference.

PandaB5 ( ) posted Sun, 06 December 2009 at 3:47 PM

I couldn't resist it ...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.