Fri, Sep 20, 4:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser Physics rescale

drewradley ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 11:03 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:58 AM

Is there anyway to prevent Poser Physics from rescaling a figure when it runs the simulation?

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 6:53 PM · edited Fri, 30 October 2009 at 6:54 PM

Hi in a word..... NO
it needs to have the figure at its "original" size before "ragdolling" it.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

drewradley ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 7:59 PM

Actually, I might have discovered a way around it. Turn on the limits and then set the min/max scale to the size you want in the parameter dials. It's a bit off - the figure goes through the floor (I just run drop figure to floor all frames), but it's not too bad if you really need to run a simulation on a figure that's been scaled.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 9:00 PM

Good thinking
maybe now i can take down my 35 ft '"GORT"
figure!!

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

3Dave ( ) posted Sun, 01 November 2009 at 5:43 PM

Can't test this before I right (mid-render) but if you export the animation as a bvh rather than saving the pose, when you import to your figure won't "scale automatically" take care of the problem? 

drewradley ( ) posted Mon, 02 November 2009 at 10:35 AM

I'll have to give that a try. Never thought of that.

Now Playing
My Insomnia Presents
Blue Defender

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.