Wed, Sep 25, 12:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 11:51 am)

Subject: Complete anatomy for M4

basicwiz ( ) posted Sun, 01 November 2009 at 1:40 AM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 12:26 PM

I'm going to ask this as tastefully as I know how and would appreciate the thread not deteriorating into snide comments. That said...

Does anyone know if there is a figure anywhere to complete M4's anatomy? I'm aware of the genitals that have been put in the marketplace, but there is one very small part that's never included that sits just behind the genital figures toward the back of the hips. You don't see it in many poses, but when you have one where it ought to show, it's VERY noticable that it's missing.

Any suggestions?

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 01 November 2009 at 1:06 AM

hmm, M4 genitals are included with the M4 morphs. You can get several commercial products at renderotica , or a few freebies at maleposerotica. 

The part you mention is not part of any figure that I am aware of  but it is discussed in some forums. There was a thread here About it and a suggestion was made about doing one using a toroid.

There was a postwork kit that I believe included that part in the rotica store bt DrTaj.

basicwiz ( ) posted Sun, 01 November 2009 at 1:26 AM

Hadn't thought about the toroid... That'll probably work. Thanks!

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 01 November 2009 at 8:43 AM

I think it's called the perinium? unless it's a really swollen prostate...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 01 November 2009 at 5:38 PM

No Pakled, it's the thing right behind the perineum I think basicwiz is looking for I think?

And OMG have people here become so prudish that some dare not even ask right out for an anus for Mike? To a degree where it becomes The Body Part That Must Not Be Named? Sheesh.

It's not 3rd grade people. We had a lot of fun in the "posable anus" thread - but it was basically a very legitimate question - and I'm STILL looking for one as well.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

basicwiz ( ) posted Sun, 01 November 2009 at 6:43 PM · edited Sun, 01 November 2009 at 6:45 PM

Sorry TG... I'm a wimp here. I've noticed a lot of concern for "language" by the moderators, so thought I would err on  the side of caution. Sort of like the thread a few months ago about textures where I was scared to name a bad product because I'd been chastized for leaving a bad review.

But I do appreciate all the kind suggestions!

And TG... I'm surprised you haven't MADE ONE! Dear Lord, you've modeled everything else I've looked for that no one else had done! :)

Many thanks.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 01 November 2009 at 8:28 PM

Heh believe me, I've TRIED. Both with morphs of the area and making a new one. Morphs are near impossible, there's simply not enough polygons in that area - and modelling a new one.. I couldn't figure out how to make the UVMapping fit the original, so I canned that idea - at least for now.

It is a valid request, and anus isn't a "bad word" - last time I looked at least. Even ass isn't. It's the name of an animal... ;)

Hm. Perhaps I really should try if I could crack that UV problem... The modelling itself isn't all that tricky...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

basicwiz ( ) posted Sun, 01 November 2009 at 10:31 PM

Does it really need to be UV Mapped? I would suspect that coloring it the same as say, the head of the penis or the nipple would be close enough. Heck, I'd settle for one that was just colored in the shader. It's not like I'm wanting this for closeups! ROFL.

Not arguing with you, just wondering if simpler wouldn't suffice.

hoplaa ( ) posted Mon, 02 November 2009 at 5:45 PM

Why does the UV mapping need to match the body? Just do it like the genitals and use a transmap to blend the two textures.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 02 November 2009 at 5:50 PM · edited Mon, 02 November 2009 at 5:51 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

So long as nobody does any feltching renders.....

hoplaa ( ) posted Mon, 02 November 2009 at 6:13 PM

I think you mean felching. Might I suggest shrimping instead? I imagine it's somewhat more hygienic.

<< Exit, stage left... x)

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 02 November 2009 at 6:45 PM

Quote - I think you mean felching. Might I suggest shrimping instead? I imagine it's somewhat more hygienic.

<< Exit, stage left... x)

LOL! Well either spelling pulls up the same gross definition!

basicwiz ( ) posted Mon, 02 November 2009 at 7:30 PM

Gawd. I knew this thread would end up this way!

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 02 November 2009 at 8:32 PM

Bad timing? :tt2:

lmckenzie ( ) posted Tue, 03 November 2009 at 12:40 AM

Some of the equipment packs for Vicky have one but I doubt they would be transferable - or how well they would play with the V4 male morph..  

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

poliakis ( ) posted Tue, 03 November 2009 at 2:50 AM

Quote - Morphs are near impossible, there's simply not enough polygons in that area

That's definitively the problem: u can't even cut inside the mesh to bridge some other vertices to the original geometry, a trick that can be done to add genitals to M4 without adding a new figure.

The sole solution is to cut a part of the mesh, losing the welding of the hip to the others parts ( right and left thighs) in the original mesh (but not of course inside poser), then importing a "foreign" part into blMilMan_m4b.obj. I have taken  a part of the hip of the Appolo Maximus geometry, then welded this part to the remaining hip and thighs.

profotograf ( ) posted Wed, 04 November 2009 at 6:34 AM

I rarely post in the Renderosity forums, but this thread sort of demanded my reply.

Maleposerotica (MPE) has every known male genitalia addon (mostly exclusives) and 2 of the most popular freebie male genitals (Adzan & Ulf 2.0) plus expansions for them.  We recently got the Insomniaworks gens which were originally made for M3, and Jepe created a wonderful expansion for them, with fits for M4, H4, F4 as well as textures for them (as they do not use M4's mapping) with possibilities to make them match any existing body texture (human) available. 

Over at MPE we have been working on supporting everything dealing with male figures, and the anatomical correctness of figures for almost 8 years now.

As MPE is an adult 18+ site, you will not be able to see any of this unless you register (free) .

I have pretty much devoted much of my poser-life to the support of male figures.

Greetings from Germany
Antonio (ProFotograf)

If you need the direct link to MPE II simply take the abbreviation and add a dot com to it.

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.