Thu, Sep 19, 5:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Poser 7, Pro and/or 8 AND Windows 7, vs, Vista vs XP Pro vs Apple

westcat ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 8:57 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:31 AM

Kinda a loaded question, but I'd like to get everybodies thoughts here on which would be the best OS system mated with which Poser issue, 7 or 8 or PoserPro

My understanding is that Poser Pro mated with a 64 byte Quad multi thread processor using XP PRO is still the best way to go? AND for new machines, the Apple surprisingly is apparently the easiest to put XP on.  Current Vista machines are a nightmare to change out with XP Pro.
SO?  any answers, questions, personal stories, recommendations and/or arguments?

I know/heard that the new $3K plus apple desk top pro is the meca of Poser render machines, but I can't afford one and I'm looking for a portable to go with my big Quad XP Pro, which I recently had a shop that sells apple rip the Vista from and put XP on it for me :)
I'm also bascially looking for a portable to do my set ups for and sample renders, ani's pre assembly.

Westcat

Jeff_Kraschinski ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 4:15 PM

Got no problem personally with Windows 7 or Vista and Poser 8 which is what I'm currently using. Windows 7 is quite stable and very efficient with resources, similar to Win XP in fact. . As for Poser version, I might suggest the upcoming Poser Pro 2010 is your best option.

As much as I dislike proprietary solutions, they're fairly unavoidable with laptops and portables. Why not get one from Dell, where you can customize the specs to your heart's content?

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 4:27 PM · edited Sat, 07 November 2009 at 4:29 PM

file_442660.jpg

imo...Windows XP Pro x64 is the best OS. I'm running PoserPro and Poser 8 with no hiccups at all. I know that lots of peps have posted nightmares with Poser 8...but not me, no problems at all.

Comitted to excellence through art.

westcat ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 4:32 PM

Quote - imo...Windows XP Pro x64 is the best OS.
I'm running PoserPro and Poser 8 with no hiccups at all. I know that lots of peps have posted nightmares with Poser 8...but not me, no problems at all.

Yes thanks to both of you, figured XP pro was still tops.  90% of biz is still running where they can

DELL yes forgot all about DELL
thankyou :) 

adegner ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 5:28 PM

To add to the confusion, running windows 7 on a sysmax machine
with a I7 core, 12 gig, and Nvida 9800GT Sli video cards.  No problem with posers, carrara's and
vue infinite 8.

windows 7 is much faster than xp, and blows the doors off of vista.

my machine cost 1600.

Vestmann ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 7:48 PM

I´m using Poser 8 on Vista 64bit and haven't had any problem since SR1 for Poser. I am looking to update to Windows 7 soon...

Vestmann's Gallery

Vestmann ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 7:50 PM

Oh, and I have an HP Workstation with 4gigs of ram.  It's 3 years old but still pulls its weight.

Vestmann's Gallery

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 9:05 PM

Well, my Poser rig is a 1st Gen MacPro w/15Gig of Ram & I run both PoserPro & Poser 8 with no issues.

There is no amount of love or money that would have me willingly load Windows on any computer on my network.

Jeff_Kraschinski ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 9:17 PM

Sounds like any rig you get will be a good choice, although you undeniably will get more bang for your buck with PCs as opposed to Macs.

Macs of course have their own advantages, so whatever floats your boat in the end.

onimusha ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 9:52 PM · edited Sat, 07 November 2009 at 9:54 PM

Poser 8 ran really well on Vista even though Vista is awful.

Poser 8 runs really well on Windows 7 and Windows 7 is actually better than XP pro as good as XP pro was.

Anything I've run on a Windows machine seems to run like absolute garbage on a Mac.  My Vista machines have run better than the comparable Macs I've used and you can always seem to get a much more powerful windows machine for a lot less than its Mac equivalent.

Also, don't even get me started on Apple's customer service.  I had a hard drive crash on my Mac (something that still has never happened to a Windows HD of mine).  I took it into Apple and they said all they could do was swipe it for a new HD.  I asked them not to so I could try and recover what was on  the drive.  They swapped the HD anyway, against what I had told them and I ended up losing four years of photos.  They're incompetent morons and I will never buy an Apple product ever again.

Having once been a Mac person I can tell you that the religious devotion people have to Macs is the reason why they're so popular.  It doesn't have much to do with how good or bad they are.

Vestmann ( ) posted Sat, 07 November 2009 at 10:00 PM

Quote -
Having once been a Mac person I can tell you that the religious devotion people have to Macs is the reason why they're so popular.  It doesn't have much to do with how good or bad they are.

AMEN!!!

Vestmann's Gallery

Anthanasius ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 5:09 AM

I see many  people have a race machine but when we see the some render ...

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.