Sat, Sep 21, 6:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: Daz labelling for Renderosity Products.

Bonapj ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 6:05 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:27 PM

This is a subject that has left me increasingly frustrated and angry. It seems to me that buying products to use in Daz is a bit of a lottery on this site. I have bought a few products of late under the impression that they would work only to find they won't. Once bought it is hard to get a refund, and you are expected to just put this down to experience.  Well ok, but is it not about time that products that won't work in Daz are clearly labeled as such? There are a lot of good vendors on this site who do make an effort to clearly state if their products will work and I applaud these. But surely it is in this sites best interests to clearly state Daz workability on all their products, unless the attitude is that Daz users are a second class customer. I feel that clear labelling would make for happier costumers, produce less hassle for Renderosity staff and Vendors and generally make for a happier community. I look forward to peoples comments and say to Renderosity: What have you got to lose?

Bonapj ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2009 at 9:08 PM

Have found a poll for this so if you haven't voted on it yet go to: Subject: " POLL " DO you like to be able to SEE in one quick view if a product is DS com.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 8:26 AM

I posted that Poll ..and from that came a "yes"
and i know The Renderosity staff is doing their best to make your buying here a sweet as possible

But i think 98% of whats made is DS compatible ..
Only specific Poser material fx cant be used in DS .. 
And i have not yet found a :unlabled" itemthat didnot work in DS

Be sure the Staff is doing what they can..

PS its called DS3 or DazStudio not DAZ ...
DAZ is a company who sells content and software ...not a program ...

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

Bonapj ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2009 at 10:35 AM

Quote - I posted that Poll ..and from that came a "yes"
and i know The Renderosity staff is doing their best to make your buying here a sweet as possible

But i think 98% of whats made is DS compatible ..
Only specific Poser material fx cant be used in DS .. 
And i have not yet found a :unlabled" itemthat didnot work in DS

Be sure the Staff is doing what they can..

PS its called DS3 or DazStudio not DAZ ...
DAZ is a company who sells content and software ...not a program ...

Yes , sorry about that, just being lazy. I have found that there are a few unlabled items that don't work in DS, maybe I have just been unlucky. There are vendors that clearly mark when a product has not been tested in DS and some of these, with consultation with the Vendor have still worked quite well. My overall impression of most vendors on the site is that they are very helpful and willing to help resolve technical issues.
Thanks for the information, I am glad to hear that Renderosity are taking this seriously and best of luck with the poll. Ps already signed it so can't really sign it again.
😄

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.